How do y'all deal with warlocks?

I put earth shocks into my deck and it helps alot against warlock/rush decks but it still is very hard to win against the typical warlock rush deck.. has anybody found a way to overcome this beast with the shaman? any tips are much appreciated
Reply Quote
i dont have problems with warlocks with control deck if i draw at least 1 light storm if i draw 2 its 100% win even without light storm there was plenty of games that i won but its mostly a lose if u dont draw it. basicly if u have forked lightings as early as possible and light storm till turn 6 7, 1 at least u are fine. i stop early agression and imps with fork light bolt abd rockbiter + wolves and if u are healthy enough after turn 6 7 and have regeined any bord control or he probably is out of cards u win 1 eath can finish it even. and if u dont draw light storms as i said u can still win earth elemntals play huge rolls after pretty much instead of light storm u clear bord with earth but u must have good early game so he dont have 6+ 2/3 4 minions on board and buffer minions as well. i am currently rank 7 with my deck 0 legendaries started game 1 week ago and i prety much mostly loose to legendaris in late game and its always mid late game when u finish, but as u can imagine i win vs legendaries a lot as well becouse after tank 10 9 all decks that i played against had 3 legendaries minimum.
Reply Quote
You run 2x Forked Lightning and 2x Lightning Storm and hope you draw well. The only way anyone beats aggro lock right now is to just get lucky control draws.
Reply Quote
Just blow everything up and by turn 7 when you still have a handful of cards and their board and hand is empty they'll think about conceding. I've gotten 4 concessions today and my deck has no legendaries or Earth Elementals so it's not ultra streamlined. Just tons of nukes and enough minions to get the job done.
Reply Quote
i am not saying that locks are not op and even imbacile can play agro lock deck simply its not unbitable i have more problems with palas and druids than with locks at this moment with this deck without legendaries its realy hard to compete with them in late 2 hexes are not enough against their creatures + ragnarok ysera. but i am pretty sure with 2 legendaries ill do just fine even against them.

p.s
oh and burn mages man blizzard u did it again :D::D i cant even count how many times i had full board lethal on next turn and just died turn 8 him playing like 4 minions total whole game.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 06:57 PMPosted by utilizator
i am not saying that locks are not op and even imbacile can play agro lock deck simply its not unbitable i have more problems with palas and druids than with locks at this moment with this deck without legendaries its realy hard to compete with them in late 2 hexes are not enough against their creatures + ragnarok ysera. but i am pretty sure with 2 legendaries ill do just fine even against them.

p.s
oh and burn mages man blizzard u did it again :D::D i cant even count how many times i had full board lethal on next turn and just died turn 8 him playing like 4 minions total whole game.

How much direct damage/removal are you running? I've lost to 1 Warlock all day, didn't draw either Lightning Storm I had after 10 turns plus drawing a few extra cards. All the rest of them I've shredded because I'm running as much DD as they are minions almost.

Pallies are pretty tough, yeah. You can win but it's always close and any legendaries swing things in their favor, as well as Lay on Hands.
Reply Quote
You know reading these forums I think I have an oddball deck because I would never use forked lightning.

Either Lightning Storm or minions. Best bet would be to stall out. Feral Spirit is good here.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Drezak
You know reading these forums I think I have an oddball deck because I would never use forked lightning.

Either Lightning Storm or minions. Best bet would be to stall out. Feral Spirit is good here.

Forked Lightning is pretty good right now. It slows down Paladin, Rogue, and sometimes Priest if you get a spellpower totem and can cripple most aggro decks. I don't see many Hunters but it is great against them too. It is exceptionally good for those situations where Lightning Storm leaves a few things alive.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Kilmor

Forked Lightning is pretty good right now. It slows down Paladin, Rogue, and sometimes Priest if you get a spellpower totem and can cripple most aggro decks. I don't see many Hunters but it is great against them too. It is exceptionally good for those situations where Lightning Storm leaves a few things alive.

I'm making a new deck using it to test it out. I could see it being good, I just haven't had it work out for me before. Like I said I am trying it again though.
Reply Quote
Forked Lightning.
It's hilarious when it blows up their blood imp(s).
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Hamsta
Forked Lightning.
It's hilarious when it blows up their blood imp(s).

It is even funnier when they get the godly turn 1 coin 2x blood imp hand and you just turn 2 Forked Lightning it.
Reply Quote
I actually dont run forked lightnings. 2x Feral Spirits and 2x Lightning Storms have been enough for me most of the time. I always aggressively mulligan for a lightning storm.

However, I do have earth elemental in the deck as well and that helps a bunch.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Manmade
I actually dont run forked lightnings. 2x Feral Spirits and 2x Lightning Storms have been enough for me most of the time. I always aggressively mulligan for a lightning storm.

Yeah I never said Forked was a 100% run but it is very good tech with all the Warlocks right now.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Kilmor

Yeah I never said Forked was a 100% run but it is very good tech with all the Warlocks right now.

Oh yeah, I agree it's pretty good against all the warlocks. I've just haven't had too much a problem (yet...) against them. I haven't played a ton of constructed though and am only rank 9. So, probably in the higher tiers they are more of a problem.
Reply Quote
i pack 2x forked lightning, 2x lightning storm and so far i was able to get either 1 in my starting hand to prevent any early rushes.
Reply Quote
I just press the win moar button. works for me.

srsly though if you can trade favorably till mid game and hope you draw a lightning storm it's usually game. Though you will still lose if you get a bad draw and they get the nut draw. Argent squire and harvest golems are usually my early game mvp's v.s. rush down decks.
Edited by Kharn on 12/28/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]