Pally Hero Power

12/18/2013 05:24 PMPosted by TwiNight
It's terribly, terribly ineffective for the mana cost, and does not have huge synergy with overall pally strategies.
Pally strategy = buffs. An extra minion would be perfect. Countless times where I Kings a Recruit and Shield it and it's 3 for 2 or even 4 for 2.

I know what the strategies are for a pally, I stated that I play one.

God does anyone understand nuance?

I posted a thread about imo adjusting slightly the pally hero power, or adding a few cards to better support its synergy. I swear people react like I want to blow everything up and super buff them. Comprehension has wasted away.
Reply Quote
That still makes no diference, you can still make that minion INVULNERABLE for a turn, do you have any idea how this can be abused? Frost elemental, emperor cobra, every charge minion there is and I am sure there is a !@#$load of more cards that will end up nerfed to keep the hero power like it. Same thing with +2 or +1/+1, if you use the buff to trade a weaker minion the fact it only lasts a turn didn't matter, if it survived, it basicaly gave you 2 free damage, better than a mage, or reduced in 1 the damage you take.

Yes that would be the point of divine shield. It is also the point of buffing a minion. What are you saying, that there should be no buffs? I'm not sure what your point is.

Its not bad, its terrible, in all games you lost it end up being useless because the 2 damage didn't help you anyway, in fact it may have helped you loose by giving the oponent cheaper giants and stuff, its hard countered by priests and warriors powers, and pallys have a ton of ways to heal thenselfs, 2 damage may seem constant but it still takes 15 turns to kill the op and thats reserving 2 mana to NOT affect the field and get rid of the opponent.

So by your logic, in every game ever lost, all hero powers and cards were useless and helped you lose so they must be terrible. Hunter's hero spell is countered by priests and warriors, could the same be said by priests and warriors about hunters? Your a dolt.

I read your entire post a few times actualy, your arguments are terrible and you examples are even worse, the pally has one of THE best hero powers, the only one that can be considered better is the warlock, because it gives you a free card, but that power has limitations.

According to you, I'm sure you don't play a pally deck as a main. Which is fine to have an opinion, I missed the part where I said any argument against my opinion must be terrible. That's no way to have a discussion, and makes you look like an angry troll.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Cygnus
Elen,

Sorry but the ability is part of the sum equation to 3. It's a corner stone of how they craft the cards. Just because its random, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your example is still poor.

Randomness is a disadvantage, and typically gives a benefit to compensate.

Look at the Hunter's Animal Companion spell, that summons a 4/2 Charge, a 2/4 minion with a +1/+1 aura to all other minions, or a 4/4 Taunt at random. For 3 mana. *NONE* of those are available for 3 mana as actual cards you can reliably play, they completely break the formula for cost to power of minions. They get away with it because the companion Hunters get is random.

The randomness of Lightning Storm is another example, although complicated a bit by the presence of Overload. Still, an AoE that can do 3 damage to enemy minions is not normally available for 5 mana, much less for 3 mana + 2 Overload. But it does not reliably do 3 damage, it does 2 *OR* 3 at random to each minion. Thus, it gets away with being potentially overpowered.
Reply Quote
Randomness is a disadvantage, and typically gives a benefit to compensate.

Look at the Hunter's Animal Companion spell, that summons a 4/2 Charge, a 2/4 minion with a +1/+1 aura to all other minions, or a 4/4 Taunt at random. For 3 mana. *NONE* of those are available for 3 mana as actual cards you can reliably play, they completely break the formula for cost to power of minions. They get away with it because the companion Hunters get is random.

The randomness of Lightning Storm is another example, although complicated a bit by the presence of Overload. Still, an AoE that can do 3 damage to enemy minions is not normally available for 5 mana, much less for 3 mana + 2 Overload. But it does not reliably do 3 damage, it does 2 *OR* 3 at random to each minion. Thus, it gets away with being potentially overpowered.

I agree with and understand everything above. There are always going to be balances, thats just the way its designed.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 04:44 PMPosted by ArchMage
Did you ever try other heroes?

This.
I'd say warrior has the worst power, and hunter's just gives him an extra edge against stalling opponents.

12/18/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Cygnus
I posted a thread about imo adjusting slightly the pally hero power

Slight adjustment? Are you kidding me? You call giving divine shield slight?
Reply Quote
every time i summon a recruit in turn 2, a rogue equips his weapon and kills it. how discouraging!
Reply Quote
8 examples listed in four different ideas of how to adjust. As stated previously, these were just examples, not suggested changes, just examples of how the particular idea could be handled.

So you pick one example not a suggestion and flame it like its the point of the entire thread.

The lack of reading comprehension, general stupidity and immaturity on these boards are overwhelming. Actually no it's not. I should expect it at this point.

Skies, no I'm not kidding you. Please learn how to comprehend what you read, it will help you in real life.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]