Blood Imp OP

Warlock dropped the 1-cost blood imp first turn and I was screwed from there on. A unit that is stealthed that you can't target, giving all his minions +1 to hp? That just throws the whole balance of the game. The minions were too strong early game so you can't take them out as they just build a beefer deck and lay waste to you in no time. I think it should be at least changed to +1 adjacent only, if that card stays at all.
Reply Quote
Aside from the blood imp, all other warlock cards carry a really hard penalty, I think the idea behind the blood imp was the lessen the impact of card discards by shifting some of that potential lost power over to other normal minions, but that's just my two cents.

I play a warlock deck fairly often with two blood imps and recently started a let's play series where I'm going to attempt to rank up with it. If you're actually interested in learning how the warlock cards interact with each other you should give it a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStreamLock
Reply Quote
adapt or gtfo
Reply Quote
Name one way that card can be beaten with early game mana, especially when the blood imp player goes second. You can't. Period. Logic or gtfo.
Reply Quote
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44015256.jpg
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 10:36 AMPosted by kisp
Name one way that card can be beaten with early game mana, especially when the blood imp player goes second. You can't. Period. Logic or gtfo.

Arcane Missiles, Arcane Explosion, Wild Pyromancer, Knife Juggler, Explosive Trap, Whirlwind, Cleave, Flare, Betrayal, Blade Flurry, Forked Lightning...

Druids, Priests and Paladins have to wait a bit if they don't want to use a Knife Juggler or Wild Pyromancer, but those classes are designed to be able to wait for the late game anyway.

I don't know why everyone seems to think this should be as easy to remove as an Elven Archer or something. Its entire purpose is to help you get board control, which you MUST have as a Warlock. If you lose board control you may as well concede unless you can get it back immediately because our hero power most definitely does not help us stall the game.
Reply Quote
Don't forget Mad Bomber for early-game solutions.

EDIT: Also Doomsayer, completely forgot about that since it doesn't see play much.
Edited by Tsenzei on 12/19/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
What Zoid said. Knife Juggler and Mad Bomber are very good.

If your opponent opens with blood imp and you respond with mad bomber, you have ~70% chance of killing it right then.
Edited by Mario on 12/22/2013 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

You should learn the game before you go berserk.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Serefina

You should learn the game before you go berserk.

That;s a nice answer, thanks, but there is no "You should learn the game before you go berserk" in the game
Reply Quote
I kow rite. Some priest used his completely fair and not at all broken ability to steal half my deck and played a blood imp at 3 hp and it was still working for me apparently. Totally OP
Reply Quote
Why is it that no matter what class board I go to, people complain that some of the classes abilities are OP... Would someone kindly suggest me a community forum that is less cancerous than this one? In other words some place that's not filled of players QQing all the *** ***** time about them losing?
Reply Quote
"Oh my god somebody help me this guy played a 1/1!"

Getting genuinely tired of the Blood Imp complaints. I'm not a Warlock player, I'm a Shaman player, and I see nothing wrong with Blood Imps.

There is an armada of answers to a stealthed 1/1 for every class. Both class-specific and neutral. I'd list them, but people have already done it for me earlier in the thread.
Reply Quote
Just played a arena game vs a lock

first play , blood imp
second play , blood imp
then 2 ' whenever a minions dies gain a card '
and then 4 more blood imps before the end

THATS A TOTAL OF 6 BLOOD IMPS he had on the board in stealth

i had a knife juggler at mana 7 , at that point all the imps had 4-5 hp....

yeh thats awesome
Reply Quote
What I used to like about playing Magic in the 90's was that you just dealt with it and if it really bothered you, found a way to counter it in your deck building.

These days it's jump on a forum and call for a nerf.
Reply Quote

i hope you aren't serious.......because if you are, just delete hearthstone. stop making it so easy for me.
Reply Quote
02/23/2014 09:07 PMPosted by Cthulhu
What I used to like about playing Magic in the 90's was that you just dealt with it and if it really bothered you, found a way to counter it in your deck building.

These days it's jump on a forum and call for a nerf.

Magic has so much more depth and versatility in deck building compared to HS, there honestly is very little comparison (and this is even in the early days)
Edited by deteego on 2/25/2014 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was referring more to the player, than the game. In fact, I wasn't comparing the games at all.

When you were playing with physical cards, and there was no public forum to air your annoyance at cards, only the guy that just beat you, so the only option you had was to find ways to counter it. That's what meta is all about.

It's the, 'I want it now daddy' generation, and rather than trying to figure things out for themselves (which is part of the fun of a TCG/CCG isn't it?), they can now be on a forum in seconds, demanding cards are brought inline with their definition of balance, whether it's rational or justified, or not.

Yes, Magic is much more involved than Hearstone in terms of mechanics, and also has a massively larger card pool, but that doesn't mean we don't have solutions to problem cards in Hearthstone. All i'm asking the OP, and guys like him, is to not shut the brain down and wait for a bail out from someone (Mum, Dad, Blizzard etc) when things get tough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]