imposible to win ?

so i got all the way up to rank 12 but guess what ?can't win 1 single game now because all i see is warlocks and i have nothing to kill blood imps with so they just RA^$ me so hard it's not even fun to play anymore.
So can someone expain to me how can a rogue deal with turn 1 blood imp, turn 2 void taunt thing,turn 3 already 5 creatures on the board ?cuz backstab only deals 2 and the void thing has 1/3 for 1 mana and a taunt and blood imp can't be killed with our weapons or anything so..please someone help ?!
Reply Quote
easy, Fan of Knives, and if they got 2 blood imps you got 2 choices:
1. 2 fan of knives
2. 1 fan of knives with a spell damage minion on the board

and void walker is a terrible card, any 3/2 creature can trade with him, and you can make a spell dmg+backstab on 1 too but dont cus it s a waste of a card
Edited by nlzkiler on 12/22/2013 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah..the problem is when you don't draw fan of knives and then on turn 5-6 you lose because any creature who could've been backstabed has now 3 hp, one who could've been eviscerated has now 5 hp..

And fan of knives cost 3 mana for 1 dmg..i think they should buff it tho tbh
1dmg+ card draw doesn't make me happy,would be better if it was 3 dmg for 3 mana or a 2 dmg spell so we can deal with minions..
Edited by vrzerok on 12/22/2013 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 08:44 AMPosted by vrzerok
yeah..the problem is when you don't draw fan of knives and then on turn 5-6 you lose because any creature who could've been backstabed has now 3 hp, one who could've been eviscerated has now 5 hp..

And fan of knives cost 3 mana for 1 dmg..i think they should buff it tho tbh
1dmg+ card draw doesn't make me happy,would be better if it was 3 dmg for 3 mana or a 2 dmg spell so we can deal with minions..

Get a kobold & azure drake & if you're feeling frisky you can get the ogre card as well.
Reply Quote
you guys don't understand how difficult it is. by the time we get Fan of knives, we are most likely already dead or close to it, voidwalker + bloodimps and all their other 1 drops are too strong
Reply Quote
yep and the only real solution is backstab + evicerate on turn 2 to get rid of a ONE drop taunt who has 1/4 cuz of blood imp so yeah..waste 2 good cards for a 1 drop and have fun the rest of the game when he drops another 3 minions on his turn 3 and you have nothing.
Reply Quote
You could try betrayal
Reply Quote
i've been running a rogue rushdown deck which worked pretty well vs warlocks and i have a stampeding kodo and betrayal for insurance.
Reply Quote
Just keep attacking warlock, ignore his minions unless its voidwalker, use fan of knives if neccesary, then use assassins blade turn 5, hit warlock, next turn use poison on it, hit warlock, destroy the blade for a huge aoe, dealing 10 dmg to warlock in one turn and clearing all his minions, you should have from 1 to 7 hp by that moment and win the game. simple
Reply Quote
i find that blade flurry with your hero power and possibly a deadly poison works well if you can get it out on turn 3-4.. also betrayal again works well
Edited by snivy on 12/23/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah fan of knives is not a fantastic card but you do get the card draw. Against a warlock the guys above are spot on Blade flurry and Betrayal are both excellent, both two costs and blade flurry should be an auto include for any weapon based Rogue deck. Its our best aoe, especially if you combine it with perditions or assassins blade coated with some poison. Warlock rush is tricky to beat but if you can deal with that initial rush they will card starve themselves and if your still alive by turn 6 you likely have them.
Edited by LED on 12/23/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I feel pretty hopeless against competitive Warriors/Warlocks and all the typical strong class decks right now. When I ran a troops heavy deck I did pretty good (not as reliant on rogue cards), but recently I've tried to do more with Rogue cards and the tools feel weak. Weak weapons (joke vs warrior options), Combos (I think the mechanic is fun at least, just not effective) that makes you run out crowding troops into multi-removal, and control cards that can't back up slow games with either defense or power. What am I missing that makes rogues stand out?

Edit: Why are there also so many pretty much unplayable rogue cards: Sprint, Vanish, Master of Disguise, Kidnapper, Patient Assassin, Shiv, Sinister Strike, Blade Flurry - These cards are all pretty bad, and they are our rares and epics?!
Edited by Aza on 12/24/2013 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
I sometimes run a Mad Bomber or two to counter imps. Depends a little on RNGesus, but especially against early imp plays you're pretty much guaranteed to remove it.
Reply Quote
Mad Bomber can be awesome. I actually experimented with a few cards against the Warlock; Mind Control Tech, Knife Juggler, Doomsayer and Wild Pyromancer seemed to do okay. Stampeding Kodo and Abomination are also solid.

If you make it to late game I also recommend Baron Geddon. If you feel like praying to the RNG Gods you could always try Demolisher or even Sylvanas. But fan of knives and blade flurry should still be your go to as a Rogue. Either way I believe their are plenty of options, some fit better with rogue than others but mess around with them and I think you will start to see results.

I rarely lose to warlocks playing as Rogue granted im only rank 8 and I expect ot to get a lot tougher but for now it seems sufficient I will re-evaluate my strategy as I level up.
Edited by LED on 12/24/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
hi. use blade flurry
Reply Quote
Using blade furry and betrayal are a must in the current meta for a rogue. Also comming from someone who always played a control rogue before the recent changes of warlock rush and such i can say you are better off having a rush deck yourself with rogues strong damage there have been times where i can stall them till turn 8 getting say 10-12 damage and then just out right killing them. overall i reccomend less control such as sap and fan of knives and instead opt for 4 more minions, such as fairy dragons or s1 agents. a minion and 2 damage is very strong when added in backstab.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]