How do i beat Murlock rush wlocks?

12/24/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Silverblood
Weapon Warrior might not be the best call against Warlock but that doesn't mean Warrior can't beat them. I've played against several different heavy spell Warrior decks that were able to take apart my Warlock deck, they were running stuff like:

Gadgetzan Auctioneer
Armorsmith
Wild Pyromaster/Commanding Shout combo
Shield Block, Shield Slam, Slam, Execute
Whirlwind, Cleave
Upgrade
Brawl
Gorehowl
Abomination, Emperor Cobra, Mana Wraith, Mind Control Tech

On top of the usual Weapons and such, drastically different Warrior deck though.

I was playing Warrior for several weeks and just got tired of doing so much damage to myself so I switched to Warlock and Shaman so I know where you're coming from but you need to tweak your deck to be heavier defense and removal. If you've got legendaries or Giants work those in somewhere.

If you're not able or willing to put together something like that I'd say you're up the creek without a paddle, Weapon Warrior is going to struggle hardcore against so many minions the Murloc decks can bring.

Excellent post, especially the last paragraph. People keep coming to the boards and crying for nerfs, rather than try to find solutions.

Was UTH too powerful? probably, but there were answers. Was mage stall too good? Again, probably. I know I sure hated playing them. Mind control was probably too good too. But the point is that when you nerf all the control mechanisms, the only thing left is fast agro. Maybe blizzard needs to look into reducing the cost of most AE spells by 1 or something along those lines, to give players a faster solution to rush decks. But I'm sick of every single thing in this game getting nerfed while no new cards come out, no new play styles are invented (and those that are, get nerfed because people aren't creative enough to come up with solutions), and the game becomes nothing but rush decks vs rush decks.

Blood Imps are pretty good, not going to lie. But there's a reason warlocks usually run nearly all neutral cards - imps and voids are about the only good creatures they have, and soulfire is nice for agro decks due to 0 mana cost. And frankly, murlock decks are some of the only decks that don't use the same neutral cards that every other deck does (faerie dragon, argent commander, knife juggler, ss clerics, and DI dwarves).

This game needs more variety, not less.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 12:04 AMPosted by shazariahl
Weapon Warrior might not be the best call against Warlock but that doesn't mean Warrior can't beat them. I've played against several different heavy spell Warrior decks that were able to take apart my Warlock deck, they were running stuff like:

Gadgetzan Auctioneer
Armorsmith
Wild Pyromaster/Commanding Shout combo
Shield Block, Shield Slam, Slam, Execute
Whirlwind, Cleave
Upgrade
Brawl
Gorehowl
Abomination, Emperor Cobra, Mana Wraith, Mind Control Tech

On top of the usual Weapons and such, drastically different Warrior deck though.

I was playing Warrior for several weeks and just got tired of doing so much damage to myself so I switched to Warlock and Shaman so I know where you're coming from but you need to tweak your deck to be heavier defense and removal. If you've got legendaries or Giants work those in somewhere.

If you're not able or willing to put together something like that I'd say you're up the creek without a paddle, Weapon Warrior is going to struggle hardcore against so many minions the Murloc decks can bring.

Excellent post, especially the last paragraph. People keep coming to the boards and crying for nerfs, rather than try to find solutions.

Was UTH too powerful? probably, but there were answers. Was mage stall too good? Again, probably. I know I sure hated playing them. Mind control was probably too good too. But the point is that when you nerf all the control mechanisms, the only thing left is fast agro. Maybe blizzard needs to look into reducing the cost of most AE spells by 1 or something along those lines, to give players a faster solution to rush decks. But I'm sick of every single thing in this game getting nerfed while no new cards come out, no new play styles are invented (and those that are, get nerfed because people aren't creative enough to come up with solutions), and the game becomes nothing but rush decks vs rush decks.

Blood Imps are pretty good, not going to lie. But there's a reason warlocks usually run nearly all neutral cards - imps and voids are about the only good creatures they have, and soulfire is nice for agro decks due to 0 mana cost. And frankly, murlock decks are some of the only decks that don't use the same neutral cards that every other deck does (faerie dragon, argent commander, knife juggler, ss clerics, and DI dwarves).

This game needs more variety, not less.

Thanks, I appreciate it. You're right that it needs more variety and that will come in time with new sets and people just have to not let their emotions get out of control and do what they can. Especially people new to the beta, there's lots of losing that you'll do while you're building up some kind of collection.

Warlock minions need to be redone, definitely. I was saying that when I first started and found that I hated most of the drawbacks and wouldn't play them. Nothing like putting out a turn 2 Succubus, losing the card and then losing the minion before you can even attack with it. The bigger ones are worse, only ever see those used in Arena.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Zzod
He used mind vision on turn one and drew a murlock from me.

So... he still didn't play it, or he killed it with his own Shadowform power or something?

He just Mind-visioned a Murlock and gave up on the game without even trying. Point is, he didn't do anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]