How to use Life Tap well?

I'm essentially a noob here, but I'm working on it! Warlock is my favorite class and deck, but I feel really bitter about life tap. Especially compared to the other hero talents. How does one utilize it successfully, given the 2 damage and the extra damage you take if you run out of cards too soon? This, paired with how many demon cards discard cards, it's become a big headache for me.

Any tips?
Reply Quote
Play aggro Warlock and go full retard.

And hope they will nerf Aggro Warlock and buff control
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Serefina

I think control being too powerful is what prompted extreme Aggro in the first place. If you're going to play minions, you have to have enough to just eat removal after removal.

To OP, it's something you just have to learn. You don't want to be tapping when you desperately need a card to retake the board, but you don't want to lose board control because you are tapping. I've found life tapping to be different for every deck, so there's no general rule of when to do it.

My best advice is to tap when you can't play anything that gives you significant advantage right then. So if you have 2 minions out to your opponent's 0 and don't have a buffer minion (SSC, Defender of Argus etc.) you might consider it a good time to life tap. This is especially true if you're expecting an AOE soon (turn 4 against a Paladin, 5 against a Priest, 6 and 7 against a Mage).
Edited by Zoid on 12/23/2013 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Basically, it's a question of whether you think what you have on the board is good enough to deal with what your opponent might play on their next turn... and of course whether anything you can play right now would help against the expected play in the first place. It's very much a case-by-case judgement call, even with Aggro.
Reply Quote
If you are not low on hp and you think you are gonna be safe next round then life tap
Reply Quote
The most important, and obvious, thing to always keep in mind. If you know you're going to Lifetap on a turn, do it first (assuming you're not at 10 cards already which should, almost, never happen). That way you have the most options available to you after hitting Lifetap. What you planned to play may change based on what you draw.

Like I said, obvious, but you'd be surprised at how often even the pros make this mistake.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Serefina

They just nerfed control mages. Fighting against control in ANY game is between futile and frustrating with games dragging on far longer than they need to be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]