Succubus Buff Suggestion

3/3 with Stealth.

Succubus is known for it's "Lesser Invisibility" so Stealth shouldn't be out of line and the main problem right now with it is that as a 4/3 with no innate protection it's very easily traded with 3/2 2-drops and the like.

3/3 means it still has some decent power, and, unlike Jungle Panther for example, is not easily vulnerable to the cheaper AoE effects. While it would still trade with 3/2's and the like, it would have a much better chance of doing some other work before then, and still do well against 2/3's.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?
Edited by Tsenzei on 12/22/2013 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
if she get stealth, she should discard 2 random cards.
Reply Quote
Why should her "price" go up if she gets stealth at the cost of stats?

3/3 stealth is the same stat value as a Jungle Panther, a 3-cost Neutral, which she is currently already "costed" for when including her discard battlecry. Why would this be a problem?
Edited by Tsenzei on 12/22/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Rasquinard

Yeah, maybe every Warlock card should've at least 2-3 discard effects, cause hey, we can easy draw new one with our hero ability, right? Get out of here
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 01:58 AMPosted by Serefina

Yeah, maybe every Warlock card should've at least 2-3 discard effects, cause hey, we can easy draw new one with our hero ability, right? Get out of here

qft
Reply Quote
i think having a succubus as a 4/2 would be a bit more balanced then a 3/3 and the stealth component would be nice to add on. so she basically turns into a panther that's one mana cheaper. if u combine her with the blood imps from the deck it could open up a new playstyle while at the same thing making her more vulnerable to aoe.
Reply Quote
Well, I like 3/3 for two reasons: One of the parts that attractive about her (other than her Seductive nature) to begin with, is that she's a 3 health 2-drop with decent damage, meaning that AoE is less effective against her and she still provides a good hurting if the single-target removal doesn't deal with it. I think that should be maintained, particularly since AoE is already card efficient, and she's discarding something most of the time, particularly if actually used as a turn 2 play.

The other reason is because I like variety.

Honestly one of the main reasons I don't like Felguard is that it is a copy of Taz Dingo. The other main reason being that I don't think destroying a crystal is worth only 1 mana, but that's another discussion.

Variety also means that Jungle Panther still has it's own uses in Warlock, and there are more pros (higher damage, no discard) and cons (AoE vulnerability, higher mana cost) to consider. JP would probably be a better control card for example (higher cost less important compared to card advantage, higher damage makes it better at killing important minions like the DI Dwarf, or Azure Drake, etc.) though not necessarily in all circumstances.

Anyway, just my thinking behind going with 3/3 rather than 4/2, but 4/2 could also work. The main thing is that Stealth would give it a much better chance of getting it's proper value, even if it's just getting an extra bit of damage on the enemy hero before it gets murdered by the cheaper enemy minions.
Reply Quote
It would definitely make the card more interesting. Pretty much every time a succubus get's played against me I can remove it and it becomes a horrible trade for the warlock. I can't even count how many times I have buffed a 2 attack minion with a shattered sun cleric and bye bye goes succubus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]