MY current Mage deck

Hi All,

Playing the following mage deck and its working really well. Any suggestions?

2 x Arcane Missile's
2 x Mirror Image
2 x Mana Wyrm
2 x Arcane explosion
2 x Frost Bolt
2 x Novice Engineer
2 x Sorcerer's Apprentice
2 x Arcane Intellect
2 x Questioning Adventurer's
2 x Fireball
1 x Defender of Argus
2 x Ogre Magi
1 x Azure Drake
2 x Flame Strike
1 x Baron Gedon
1 x Ancient Mage
2 x Pyroblast
Reply Quote
Personally I didn't like the rng of missiles. If your goal is to throw it at their face, then I guess it's fine, but I found them too often doing nothing. I'd look into replacing them with some secrets.. maybe counterspell or ice block? I was even trying the "when a minion attacks, destroy it" one for awhile, but I found counterspell better.

How often is defender coming down with creatures on the board and giving you what you want? I'm trying out the 3/5 taunt shield dude and he seems pretty legit. I'd rather have a guaranteed taunt over somebody that requires creatures already on the field to work.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/31/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Jojocalypso
Personally I didn't like the rng of missiles. If your goal is to throw it at their face, then I guess it's fine, but I found them too often doing nothing. I'd look into replacing them with some secrets.. maybe counterspell or ice block? I was even trying the "when a minion attacks, destroy it" one for awhile, but I found counterspell better.

How often is defender coming down with creatures on the board and giving you what you want? I'm trying out the 3/5 taunt shield dude and he seems pretty legit. I'd rather have a guaranteed taunt over somebody that requires creatures already on the field to work.

I don't like it either personally. The main thing it's good for is powering up Mana Wyrms; I have seen occasions where the missiles works fine in conjunction with a Mana Wyrm, because if played on turn 3, there's a 50-50 chance you'll flat out kill any 2-health enemy minion, and an 88% chance you'll at least bring it into the range where you can finish it off with your hero power.
Reply Quote
I like the missles for 2 reasons.

1 - They combo awesomely with Mana wyrm, especially if I have coin. Its a Turn 1 33 and 3 damage to the opponent.
2 - Against murloc rush decks they have saved my !@#$ more often than not, maybe I am just lucky with the RNG.

I am only really having a problem with priest decks at the moment.
Reply Quote
I would recommend Raging Worgen and Gurubashi Berserker as high dmg creatures. Flesheating Ghouls works fine too in Mage control decks. These creatures will give you a much better time against heal/armor heavy opponents.

here is my actual deck: maybe it can inspire you^^
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#30:2;44:2;56:2;95:2;177:2;212:2;263:2;479:2;503:1;522:2;525:1;569:2;589:2;595:2;610:2;624:2;
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Sar
88% chance you'll at least bring it into the range where you can finish it off with your hero power

0 = Hero
1 = Minion

0 0 0
0 0 1 - hero power range
0 1 0 - hero power range
0 1 1
1 0 0 - hero power range
1 0 1
1 1 0
1 1 1

That is 37.5% (that it gets hit exactly once). However, "hero power range OR get killed outright" is 7/8 - 87.5% (or as I assume this is what you meant by 88%).

Just wanted to clarify this.
Reply Quote
Really enjoying the deck posted by Illgore. It offers a lot of early aggression paired with the late-game AoE cleanup should you lose control.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 04:12 PMPosted by Angelus
Really enjoying the deck posted by Illgore. It offers a lot of early aggression paired with the late-game AoE cleanup should you lose control.

I'm glad that you enjoy it. Sure it could improve. But atm I have much fun with it.
It offers many cross-synergies between the cards:
- Manawyrm + Coin + Mirror Image/Arcane Missiles as perfect round 1 opening (with draw luck^^)
- Mirror Images + Flesheating Ghoul
- Flesheating Ghoul + Flamestrike (I really like this one^^)
- any 2mana spelldmg creature + Arcane Explosion/Flame Strike

I removed my Pyro for the sake of Ragnaros since I got him. I really feel more comfortable with him, cause I dont need to wait like it was with the Pyro. I can just play him on round 8 and rock. He will deal 8 damage and force the opponent to wipe any left creatures to kill him. Most of the times my other creatures can bait the removals. so Ragnaros can do his job safer.
Edited by Illgore on 1/5/2014 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]