"Choose one" effects - Advice for blizzard

I just want to report that the Choose one effects in creatures (such as cenarius, druid of the claw, etc) works as a Battlecry effect which means it does not trigger when the minion is copied, summon by a alarm-o-bot or basicly not normally summoned.

I love the mechanic I just bealive that blizzard should add to any creature card with such effect the word "Battlecry" because explain better how the card works.
Reply Quote
Yes, that's true. That's still not finished. I guess at cenarius they thought it's maybe to much text for this card.
But Druid of the claw is a wierd card anyway. If you summon it, the card itself doesn't change the text, they replace it with a complete new card. So it's actually a creature who summons one of the two creatures. That's not thought through enough. The same happens when you bring him back on your hand (like with brewmaster) you don't get druid of the claw, you get the summoned creature back.
Reply Quote
Yes, and interestingly, the same is not true for the ancient of war - it modifies itself rather than summoning one of two things, which means that it can be silenced back to a 5/5 but you can choose it again if you brewmaster it.
Reply Quote
Those should definitely be spells not minions then.
Edited by Drops on 1/3/2014 5:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
No, they can't be spells, but the mechanic need to be improve according to the variety of cards using. I mean, it shouldn't be big differences between a bunch of cards with the same mechanic
Reply Quote
Not to mention, as has been brought up before on these forums, that the wording is misleading.

If you silence a Druid of the Claw in bear form, you still have a 4/6. So it's not really "+2 health and taunt" it's actually summoned as a 4/6 with silenceable taunt.

But then if you use silence on the Ancient of War, it drops to a 5/5 regardless of what buff was chosen.

Both are worded the same, but function differently.
Reply Quote
Yes they are completely different mechanics and ment to be that way. Just because the cards are worded the same does not mean they play the same. Not all the nuances of a card are written in the text. Jarraxus for example doesn't state on the card what it's hero ability is. Ancient of War is a creature that applies a buff to itself making it weaker to silence while Druid of the Claw is ment to be a card that transforms itself into another card meaning you can never change the mode once played.
Reply Quote
Yes they are completely different mechanics and ment to be that way. Just because the cards are worded the same does not mean they play the same. Not all the nuances of a card are written in the text. Jarraxus for example doesn't state on the card what it's hero ability is. Ancient of War is a creature that applies a buff to itself making it weaker to silence while Druid of the Claw is ment to be a card that transforms itself into another card meaning you can never change the mode once played.

I guess this thread is not about they should change the mechanic. The mechanic is fine.
But they should switch the texts so it's understandable.
Changing Druid of the claw to a spell would make a huge difference in the playstyle (for Counterspell, Miror Image, Auctioneer, etc.)
But a change in the card text to define it better is necessary especially for newer players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]