My Warlock Deck (First attempt of a deck)

Hey so I've been playing normals, a couple arenas, watched streams, (found hearthstone from LoL players playing while in queue) played some ranked, etc.

This is my deck so far, open to criticism:

Soulfire x2
Mortal Coil x2
Blood Imp x2
Voidwalker x2
Demonfire x2
Faerie Dragon x2
Knife Juggler x2
Loot Hoarder x2
Harvest Golem x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Void Terror x1 (Not sure on)
Hellfire x1
Defender of Argus x1
Lord of the Arena x2
Argent Commander x2
Reckless Rocketeer x2
Sunwalker x2

Any tips or changes anyone would make?
Appreciated, thanks.
Reply Quote
I am not that great of e deckbuilder myself, but I can see that you are runniung with a Void Terror, and just wanted to tell you how awesome it is with Sylvanas Windrunner legendary, I am running this combo, and you will proc sylvanas windrunners Deathrattle, steal an enemy minion, and transform voidterror into an 8/8, so if you can craft Sylvanas I would recommend this :)
Reply Quote
Firstly, you have more than 30 cards listed.

Void Terrors can be good, but the only thing you've got to really work with them are Loot Hoarders, and while the occassional 5/4 for 3 and some silence vulnerability is nice, it's not great. And it's more situational.

Currently, including the Void Terror, 15 of your cards are minions of 15 mana or less, and you have one 4-cost minion and eight 6-cost minions.

This is a fairly unbalanced curve. Those 6-cost minions can be good, but they can also clog up your hand, and if your cheaper minions are controlled, such as through superior draws or AoE, then you might have to wait a turn or two before you can even start playing those 6-costers... and you'll only be able to play one of them at a time.

Most of the cheaper minions won't have much impact on the game at that point either.

My recommendation, aside from figuring out a card to cut to make sure you only have 30, is to figure out what sort of mid-game cards you might want. Another Defender of Argus or Hellfire could be very good for example. A lot of people like Dark Iron Dwarf for more aggressive minion-based decks, and I know I've always liked Azure Drake for more control-based decks and play-styles.

Even if you want to keep your deck heavy on the 6-cost minions, it is important to have solid mid-game options, even if it's just to stall out longer till you get them.

Anyway, I hope that helped, and didn't have too much Jargon in it. Ultimately, with this game the most important thing is to have fun. It can also be very helpful to experiment, and to identify what sort of over-all playstyle you are most comfortable with and enjoy the most, though that isn't always easy, especially if you're relatively new to card games in general.

Good luck. Feel free to keep asking questions.
Reply Quote
Hey, thanks both of you for the help.

About the above 30 cards, I put x2 reckless rocketeer instead of x1.
Also I've taken the void terror out, as you said its very situational.

I made a few small changes to my deck but it has seemed to make quite a difference, this is how it stands now:

Soulfire x2
Mortal Coil x2
Blood Imp x2
Voidwalker x2
Demonfire x2
Faefie Dragon x2
Knife Juggler x1
Harvest Golem x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Wolfrider x2
Hellfire x2
Dark Iron Dwarf x2
Defender of Argus x2
Argent Commander x2
Lord of the Arena x1
Reckless Rocketeer x1
Sunwalker x1

Thanks again for the replies, much appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]