Paladin hero power is boring

I really hope this will be changed. I really like the pally deck, but the hero power is just mediocre for my playstyle and boring. It really only fits deck builds that would focus on buffing a lot of minions at once. It's never fun using the power. Woohoo I got a 1/1 minion that will die next round.
Reply Quote
LOL right?! At this point I just click it if I have enough just for the hell of it.
Reply Quote
It's actually not that bad. Priest and Mage abilities are better sure, but it's not the weakest class ability.

Lets say you have 4 mana but no 4 mana cards in your hand. You use 2 mana to summon a 1/1 and then use another 2 for Argent Protector who then bubbles your 1/1 making it a nuisance.

It works the same way with Defender of Argus. You pop your little 1/1 minion and then play Argus and then your 1/1 becomes a 2/2 with taunt. Quite useful.

Look at it this way. All you are using to create a minion is mana. If he ignores it, great. You can buff it or suicide it for 1 damage. More than likely he will use a card to kill it....either a spell or minion. He used a card to kill something that didn't cost you a card.....and now you have card advantage over him.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 10:03 PMPosted by HokemPokem

Look at it this way. All you are using to create a minion is mana. If he ignores it, great. You can buff it or suicide it for 1 damage. More than likely he will use a card to kill it....either a spell or minion. He used a card to kill something that didn't cost you a card.....and now you have card advantage over him.

Or he'll be a mage, rogue, druid, or paladin & use their own hero power to murder your token.
Reply Quote
I like the paladin power, if your opponent ignores them, slam down a field buff(storm wind champion?) and oh no there are 4x 2/2 on the board, not such a measly threat anymore hey?
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Hamsta

Or he'll be a mage, rogue, druid, or paladin & use their own hero power to murder your token.

And waste turns and mana. It's called stalling.
Reply Quote
I really hope this will be changed. I really like the pally deck, but the hero power is just mediocre for my playstyle and boring. It really only fits deck builds that would focus on buffing a lot of minions at once. It's never fun using the power. Woohoo I got a 1/1 minion that will die next round.

I like the mechanic. You're guaranteed a +1 damage your next turn and it makes your opponent think about how they'll play their next hand.

What the Paladin Class really needs is a blessing card to turn those additionally units to have taunt at the cost of mana...
Reply Quote
use with knife jugglers
Reply Quote
what about rogue hero power, he can even make himself weaker if he cast in on top of other weapon :(
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Tripley
use with knife jugglers

What paladin deck use knife jugglers today? I havent met any paladin decks that included a knife juggler since they belong in rush decks, and very few people touch rush pally since it relies way to much on drawing your Divine favor else you just run out of cards and people who do use divine favor only run 1 of those because if your stuck with 2 on your hands its game over anyways.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 06:01 AMPosted by DòóM
use with knife jugglers

What paladin deck use knife jugglers today? I havent met any paladin decks that included a knife juggler since they belong in rush decks, and very few people touch rush pally since it relies way to much on drawing your Divine favor else you just run out of cards and people who do use divine favor only run 1 of those because if your stuck with 2 on your hands its game over anyways.

can you explain what deck do you run into ?? cause it seems they are healing paladins and direct dmg mages ?
Reply Quote
No power which makes an impact on the board is even close to being bad.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 07:35 AMPosted by ShadowcatX
No power which makes an impact on the board is even close to being bad.

No one said it was bad, we said it was boring and the fact very few paladins actually run buffs make them have zero synergy with peoples deck and just make them sit there with very little interaction compared to say priests where you can heal a damage minion.

No one is calling it bad.
Reply Quote
I don't think it's very boring. Any hero power that affects the board at all is good, period. And when you're fighting that mage, it's your 2 mana for his 2 mana, and most of the time that trade is going to be more convenient for you. And if he ignores the token, it's a disposable 1 damage or a potential buff target for a surprising combat trick. I also think the paladin ability is a bit better in arena than constructed, because having a reliable method of getting bodies down regardless of what your picks are is pretty solid; one of the keys to victory in arena for this class is pressing that button as often as you can get away with.
Reply Quote
Pally hero power is excellent and the best late game. It's mostly useless early however, where priest and mage dominate. I
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 10:01 AMPosted by UndeadPotato
Pally hero power is excellent and the best late game. It's mostly useless early however, where priest and mage dominate. I

Read the bloddy title before you start yapping!
Reply Quote
Are u braindead or just mentally handicapped? Its one of the best hero powers and it has won me games lol and u say its boring cuz u find it so? oh my god MURICA
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Gohanitos
Are u braindead or just mentally handicapped? Its one of the best hero powers and it has won me games lol and u say its boring cuz u find it so? oh my god MURICA

I find it boring aswell, does not mean its bad, you look like the braindead to me here or mentally handicapped. The hero power can feel really flat in many games.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 06:01 AMPosted by DòóM
use with knife jugglers

What paladin deck use knife jugglers today?

I do, but that's not really the point. Just a suggestion, if you can fit the card in your deck it works well with the paladin hero power and might make it a little less boring for the OP.

Not that I find it boring, by the way. Those little !@#$s have saved me numerous times.
Reply Quote
I feel the power is bottom of the pack hero power wise. It needs to be a 1/1 with charge or a 1/1 with taunt or at least a 2/1 so druids don't get a free kill cuz i'm really hating druids right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]