earth elemental

why is it only 5 mana for a 7/8 with taunt and if you say because you get 3 overload you a idiot because you can still do stuff next turn with 3 overload on 5 mana

this is mostly me pissed that i lost to someone in arena who pulled out 2 of them but they are rediculously good cards so why havn't they been nerfed
Reply Quote
They pretty much force you into 3 mana the next turn. It is amazing in arena because most people draft aoe removal instead of direct removal. If your earth ele gets BGH'd, assassinated, equality'd, polymorphed, you are pretty much screwed and lost tempo especially if you didn't have board control.
Reply Quote
Because they're still 8 cost cards.
Reply Quote
no there delayed 8 cost cards i wwould love a 4 cost king crush with 5 overload and charge
Reply Quote
Because it's epic? All epic cards are supposed to be good,if your oponent play 2 sword of justice in a row,2 pyroblast or 2 Ancient of War you are going to have problems.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Yseros
All epic cards are supposed to be good

Kidnapper would like a word with you...
Reply Quote
So butthurt. Go to the mage forum and cry about Pyroblast aswell
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 12:58 AMPosted by iNKORRRUPT
So butthurt. Go to the mage forum and cry about Pyroblast aswell

pyro blast is 8 mana for 10 damage that is balanced a 5 mana card with 7/8 taunt where you have to have 3 mana less next turn is a joke
Reply Quote
Apparently, nobody agrees with you and as far as I can tell nobody made a thread about "Earth Elemental being a joke" here before, so.. guess what.

12/31/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Mintz
If your earth ele gets BGH'd, assassinated, equality'd, polymorphed, you are pretty much screwed and lost tempo especially if you didn't have board control.

And that's all there is to say. It's intended to be a strong low cost drop because the overload mechanic puts you on disadvantage next turn. It's a shaman mechanic and it surely doesn't make the shaman OP, lol. You can make a strong play and suffer from overload for it next turn.
If you as a shaman drop EE on turn 5 you have 3 mana on turn 6. And any removal is available on turn 5! So if you play EE that way and it gets killed, you just lost a strong card for a cheap removal and 2 turns worth of mana.
To put it simply, you should be able to deal with EE, even on turn 5. If you can't see that EE or overload in general is not overpowered at all, then you're a bad/unexperienced player who is pretty much alone with his feedback, and that's it.

You not knowing how to deal with something like that simply doesn't make the overload mechanic or EE itself "a joke".
Edited by Tetonka on 1/2/2014 1:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
You faced a deck with constructed like composition in arena. !@#$ happens. In constructed Earth Ele is actually kind of bad because it is a prime target for direct removal. Nerfing it just because some people get lucky and draft two of them in arena isn't really that good of a move. Also, I would suggest drafting at least one hard removal spell or a big game hunter to help against big cards like this.
Reply Quote
Earth Ele is a bad card, nerfing it would make it unplayable

if you play against a deck with Big Game Hunter / Black Knight / Tinkmaster Overspark or any priest deck then you either lose on the spot after playing it or it sits dead on your hand
Reply Quote
with mages having all of the direct damage and argueably the best hero power in the game youre complaining about one card for shaman? please. ive drafted one earth ele in arena just to have it auto polymorphed or hexed. shaman needs all the help it can get.
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 04:10 AMPosted by si1foo
why is it only 5 mana for a 7/8 with taunt and if you say because you get 3 overload you a idiot because you can still do stuff next turn with 3 overload on 5 mana

this is mostly me pissed that i lost to someone in arena who pulled out 2 of them but they are rediculously good cards so why havn't they been nerfed

So? most of the direct removal cards cost equal or less than 5 mana so there is the big risk of your opponent using a poly, hex, asssassinate, Deadly shot, poke it with something and execute/fireball, you can even Zap it and now the Shaman is behind because he can't use more than 3 mana on turn 6.
Edited by Opachopp on 1/3/2014 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]