Help me improve my ~r10 deck

Hi all,

This is the deck I'm currently running. I try to maintain board control and pressure with favorable trades/buffs, but seems I'm stuck on Rank10.

What would you change? Any other legendary right now is impossible, I want to get Ysera in the future, and maybe Ragnarok in the far away future :P

Here is the deck:

2 - Total 8
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Argent Protector
2x Knife Juggler
2x Faery Dragon
2x Equality

3 - Total 10
1x Divine Favor
1x Harvest Golem
1x Imp Master
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Sword of Justice
2x Aldor Peacekeeper
2x Scarlet Crusader

4 - Total 7
1x Spellbreaker
2x Truesilver Champion
2x Consecration
2x Defender of Argus

6 - Total 2
1x Avenging Wrath
1x Argent Commander

8 - Total 2
1x Lay on Hands
1x Tirion
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Erhnam
Hi all,

This is the deck I'm currently running. I try to maintain board control and pressure with favorable trades/buffs, but seems I'm stuck on Rank10.

What would you change? Any other legendary right now is impossible, I want to get Ysera in the future, and maybe Ragnarok in the far away future :P

Here is the deck:

2 - Total 8
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Argent Protector
2x Knife Juggler
2x Faery Dragon
2x Equality

3 - Total 10
1x Divine Favor
1x Harvest Golem
1x Imp Master
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Sword of Justice
2x Aldor Peacekeeper
2x Scarlet Crusader

4 - Total 7
1x Spellbreaker
2x Truesilver Champion
2x Consecration
2x Defender of Argus

6 - Total 2
1x Avenging Wrath
1x Argent Commander

8 - Total 2
1x Lay on Hands
1x Tirion

Decent deck. My opinion with the opponents I have been seeing in ranked are running minion rush, mid-late game decks to stall. I would definitely invest in getting Ragnaros over Ysera but that's just me. Rag is more of a threat but people are running big game hunter a lot so Ysera might be more favorable. (I've personally won more games with Rag plenty of times, so I keep him main boarded).

I run two faceless since its a 5 cost and has more maneuverability I feel than argent commander does. I also run Sylvanas to bait out those pesky hexes, poly, etc. Knife Juggler is good and all but with the amount of board clears out right now I think pally's lack the "rush" style like locks, shammy, and warrior's can put out by turn 6. With that being said I would lose the (lay on hands, argent commander for 2 Blessing of Kings.)

Lay on hands is good but your deck doesn't seem to benefit from an 8 cost like that. In many cases you are either winning by turn 8 and closing the game or your losing and the 8 health and 3 cards won't keep you from potentially losing in 2 turns while you get your board back up to shape.

Argent commander is decent in any deck but more and more decks are running solid defenders and control to keep him at bay. With his 4 dmg it isn't enough to take down meaty defenders especially against a druid. His high cost would also hurt in the sense by now your either winning or the board is wiped and 1 argent commander will not save the day.

Reason for blessing of kings is its a 4 cost and can turn any creature into an instant threat. This will promote more synergy in your deck and keep the pressure on the opponent to either rush that board clear which will be coming by turn 4-6 or he/she has to use a main CC (hex, poly, fireball, etc) which then saves your Rag and Trion from an immediate CC after you play them.

Putting 2 faceless in your deck won't hurt but you will need to rethink some strategy to make it work in your favor.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
I liked you reasoning about the juggler and BoK. Is true that in the previous ranks, the juggler was great, but not so much now. The good part is that it really scares the opponent, sometimes doing 2x1 trades to kill the poor gnome :p

Thanks!
Reply Quote
The trades are there for sure but I think you could utilize two card slots with more of a "wild card" style. Right now with the current play style those early on trades don't work out in your favor as much of the game is control - late game. Even with early trades if you can't close the gap early to win before mid you are in for a fight.
Reply Quote
I have done the following changes:
- Removed 1x Faery dragon
- Removed 1x Sword of Justice
- Removed 1x Argent Commander
- Removed 2x Knife Juggler

- Added 2x Wild Piromancer (traded for the jugglers, although I may go 1 of each)
- Added 2x Blessing of Kings (traded for the sword and the dragon)
- Added 1x Hammer of Justice (traded for the commander)

I'm trying to get enough dust to add one or two faceless and see how it works.

Thanks for the feedback!
Edited by Erhnam on 1/3/2014 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]