Pyroblast the noob spell

don't let yourself get into Pyroblast range?
Reply Quote
Dont play mage...
Reply Quote
Well, if you're at 9 health and he takes you out with a Pyroblast you're obviously doing something wrong.

Re- work your deck and learn to play ahead of the Mage.
Reply Quote
I hate playing against mages but Pyroblast isn't really the problem. Why do you think it's unfair and what would you do to change it? The counter is to not let the Mage whittle you down to 10 HP. It costs twice as much as fireball for only 66% more damage. Do you think it should cost 10 mana to make it 150% more mana cost for 66% more damage? Do 8 damage? If you actually think about it, changes like that would make the card terrible.

Compare it to something like Ragnaros and it already looks bad.
Reply Quote
I yeah mage have one powerfull spell that hurts, but looking at mages main ability and everyone els mage only do 1dmg and and pala only a 1/1 minion from it, every one els gets 2 from it like priest heals 2hp, warrior gets 2 armor, druid gets 1dmg and 1 armor.. If u look at cards u can get too that is the problem, with cards that is too strong too make this a balanced cardgame.. I have played soo many card games that I can easy see when it is lacking the balance too win with tactics and not becouse the other one have a better deck.. cardgames is too be a 70% tactic, 30% luck and not becouse u have a card like gelbim for exampel
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Mushkin

Except:

1) You can't polymorph a pyroblast.
2) Ragnaros' effect can be lessened by playing minions.
3) Raganros isn't a guaranteed hit to your hero unless you have zero minions.
4) Ragnaros does less damage on the turn it's played (8 damage compared to Pyroblasts 10), giving you a chance to do something about it.
Edited by Akimbo on 12/29/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/29/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Akimbo

Except:

1) You can't polymorph a pyroblast.
2) Ragnaros' effect can be lessened by playing minions.
3) Raganros isn't a guaranteed hit to your hero unless you have zero minions.
4) Ragnaros does less damage on the turn it's played (8 damage compared to Pyroblasts 10), giving you a chance to do something about it.

You're forgetting about the part that you HAD to polymorph Rag in the first place. Consider this; Ragnaros is guaranteed to do 8 damage for 8 mana to an enemy character not of your choosing. Of course, presumably, you'd only play him when there's a limited number of targets, but still, this is a practical limitation of him. However, if the enemy does nothing to stop Rag, the damage will occur EVERY turn without limit. Furthermore, it's going to require at least one card to kill Rag (your example was Polymorph); you don't need to spend a card to prevent a second Pyroblast from occuring. So basically, there's the combination of that it both takes cards/mana to stop Ragnaros from attacking again, and if you lack the cards in hand or on the board to do it, the situation gets very ugly very fast.

That's not a bash of Pyroblast; the fact that you see 2 of it in every good mage deck is a testament to its power. But be honest; if you were somehow given the choice between Pyroblast and Ragnaros in Arena, which would you take? Obviously that can't actually happen, and I take either of these cards almost any time I've given the choice; but if I had to choose between the two of them, I'd almost always choose Rag.
Reply Quote
If a mage has no minions how did he/she get you down to 9 hp?
Edited by Nitey on 12/29/2013 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
I play Mage and I would like for that card to be removed, the only reason I crafted it (I have only one right now) was because the games I was losing vs Mages were just because of that card.

The argument "Don´t let the mage play it in the first place" lacks game experience to me ... As a mage, you just rush him hard early game, if you can leave the other guy with 15ish life he´s almost dead already ... specially heroes that don´t have armor/heal/etc ... This also comes from the fact that there are no "instant" cards like in Magic the Gathering (I don´t particularly play MtG but still) ... the only class that actually HAS a counter to Pyro is ... Mage XDDD With spellbender / counterspell. To me, the card needs a workaround at least, either nerf it to like 10 mana (like they did with Mind Control) or replace it with another card with more diversity/utility , I certainly wouldn´t mind adapting my Mage deck to serve that purpose :) This game is supposed to be FUN, not frustrating because of a couple of broken cards.

GG
Edited by ZeratulARG on 12/29/2013 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've seen a lot of decks that can win in 7 turns or 8 (if you're going first) and a lot of decks with 10+ healing before turn 8 in the new meta, pyroblast isn't a big problem.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 03:00 PMPosted by ZeratulARG
I play Mage and I would like for that card to be removed, the only reason I crafted it (I have only one right now) was because the games I was losing vs Mages were just because of that card.

The argument "Don´t let the mage play it in the first place" lacks game experience to me ... As a mage, you just rush him hard early game, if you can leave the other guy with 15ish life he´s almost dead already ... specially heroes that don´t have armor/heal/etc ... This also comes from the fact that there are no "instant" cards like in Magic the Gathering (I don´t particularly play MtG but still) ... the only class that actually HAS a counter to Pyro is ... Mage XDDD With spellbender / counterspell. To me, the card needs a workaround at least, either nerf it to like 10 mana (like they did with Mind Control) or replace it with another card with more diversity/utility , I certainly wouldn´t mind adapting my Mage deck to serve that purpose :) This game is supposed to be FUN, not frustrating because of a couple of broken cards.

GG

Stream yourself doing it at high rankings, so we can see how successful you are please.
Reply Quote
Shaman, 13 rank. Mage got hexed minion and 30 hp, I got 7-4 earth elemental, azure drake and 20 hp. He starts turn 9 - pyro. What I do:
storm axe hexed minion (2 mana)
play +2 damage totem(2 mana)
deal 6 dmg with drake
play wolfrider next to totem and deal 5 more dmg (3 mana)
finally, I give elemental windfuty (2 mana)
and deal (7+2)x2=18 damage.
with total 29(!) damage.
And then on turn 10 he use another pyro! WTF?

I would say that pyro is op, but the hole idea of mage class is ridiculous. Why the hell the only class that can play all game with spells, which there is no way to block, also is the only one who can block them?
Either other classes should have something to counter spells (at least when they used on hero), or they should become harder to play. Cause now even brain damaged can win using freeze-pyro deck.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/30/2013 11:42 AMPosted by FunkyFrog
Shaman, 13 rank. Mage got hexed minion and 30 hp, I got 7-4 earth elemental, azure drake and 20 hp. He starts turn 9 - pyro. What I do:
storm axe hexed minion (2 mana)
play +2 damage totem(2 mana)
deal 6 dmg with drake
play wolfrider next to totem and deal 5 more dmg (3 mana)
finally, I give elemental windfuty (2 mana)
and deal (7+2)x2=18 damage.
with total 29(!) damage.
And then on turn 10 he use another pyro! WTF?

I would say that pyro is op, but the hole idea of mage class is ridiculous. Why the hell the only class that can play all game with spells, which there is no way to block, also is the only one who can block them?
Either other classes should have something to counter spells (at least when they used on hero), or they should become harder to play. Cause now even brain damaged can win using freeze-pyro deck.

Many classes do have counters to spells; read this.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10973087435
Reply Quote
Nice. Shamans have the shortest description.
"5) Shaman. I know there are some anti-mage variants floating around, but I don't really know the details on how they work."
Very helpful.

About main 3 things - it doesn't work. There is no good heal for shaman, you need to make 4-8 hits to kill 4 taunts that cost mage 0.5 each, which is hard to do cause charge is expensive and everything else just dies before have a chance to hit once. If shaman is just a little bit unlucky and don't have 2 aoe lightning spells or storm axe in the beginning then he'll lose.
Reply Quote
Pyroblast is OP.. Is just waiting until your on 10 and your dead afterwards.. Ragnaros is random, its not always garanteed when opponent has minions on table that you hit the hero. Pyroblast def needs a re-design, or what players called a nerf.

Last game i lost again due a pyroblast while he had nothing, and i clearly say nothing on table too kill me that round.
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Nakatar
Well, if you're at 9 health and he takes you out with a Pyroblast you're obviously doing something wrong.

Re- work your deck and learn to play ahead of the Mage.

So you have too build a deck against a mage to get killed by other classes.. You certain knows how a card game works.. grats!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]