Mage control too strong?

Am I the only one experincing games where in, I stomp the opponent mage, but suddenly I die with no possibility to play against it?
Scenario from my last game(First time i rage quitted Hearthstone):
I had 23 health and almost a full board, he were about to take fatal, though he had a secret and I already knew it was iceblock, so it was okay, it would just be postponed one turn(He had 3 hp left).
IBut after 3 turns where he was immune or me and my minions were frozen(nothing for me to do) he ended it with a pyroblast...
Am I the only one thinking mage is no skill to win? And are a little too strong, they already nerfed their control, but not enough imo...
Reply Quote
u had 23 health and he ended it with a pyro????????
Reply Quote
"After 3 turns where he was immune or..." It was instead of whriting that he frostbolted, novaed, and firballed all 3 turns pretty much. So no way to play around it, and after he used all the dumb spells then the pyro :S
Edited by Boulenais on 12/30/2013 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/30/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Boulenais
Am I the only one experincing games where in, I stomp the opponent mage, but suddenly I die with no possibility to play against it?
Scenario from my last game(First time i rage quitted Hearthstone):
I had 23 health and almost a full board, he were about to take fatal, though he had a secret and I already knew it was iceblock, so it was okay, it would just be postponed one turn(He had 3 hp left).
IBut after 3 turns where he was immune or me and my minions were frozen(nothing for me to do) he ended it with a pyroblast...
Am I the only one thinking mage is no skill to win? And are a little too strong, they already nerfed their control, but not enough imo...

Read this.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10973087435?page=1
Reply Quote
Am I the only one thinking mage is no skill to win?
You're not the first whiner claming that mages take no skill to win. However all the other losers I've challenged to prove it by streaming themselves playing a mage up to rank 5 have made excuses or run away.

So I challenge you, stream yourself taking a mage to rank 5 and I pay $200 into a Paypal account of your choice. Should be easy money right?

Or, just go away.
Reply Quote
Would take a lot of cash/time, have no mage cards, I really dislike playing it aswell! :)
It's so boring imo!
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Scerion
You're not the first whiner claming that mages take no skill to win. However all the other losers I've challenged to prove it by streaming themselves playing a mage up to rank 5 have made excuses or run away.

So I challenge you, stream yourself taking a mage to rank 5 and I pay $200 into a Paypal account of your choice. Should be easy money right?

Or, just go away.

I took a look at it, but problem was that I was rogue which I main, so no heals and not too many spells. I made one mistake looking back, but it's still a lot needing to forge a deck just incase you meet a mage.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Boulenais
Would take a lot of cash/time, have no mage cards, I really dislike playing it aswell! :)
It's so boring imo!

Nice excuse. So now you're saying it takes a lot of "cash and time" to play a mage competitively? I thought you said it was easy and took no skill.

Now run away and cry somewhere else.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/30/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Boulenais
It's so boring imo!

Um... just to check, how do you know the class is boring if you don't have the cards to make a deck for it? It's gotta be either one or the other; if you're saying both, it sounds like you're just making excuses (which you probably are).
Reply Quote

You have it backwards.
Obviously the mage was stomping you.
Reply Quote
rogue's are expected to lose any game vs a mage they let get past turn 8. not realy surprizing to read this.

as for myself. I am running a late game druid deck. lets see how a mage like burning through 60ish hp while i have a loremaster cho on the field.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Scerion
It's so boring imo!

Nice excuse. So now you're saying it takes a lot of "cash and time" to play a mage competitively? I thought you said it was easy and took no skill.

Now run away and cry somewhere else.

Ehmm, yes cause I need cards to craft a deck, I'm not really crying dude, but there is something wrong when you can't do anything back and die although you're in a huge lead.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Sar
It's so boring imo!

Um... just to check, how do you know the class is boring if you don't have the cards to make a deck for it? It's gotta be either one or the other; if you're saying both, it sounds like you're just making excuses (which you probably are).

I don't have mage cards anymore, I tried it, but the playstyle it takes really threw me off, so I disenchanted my mage cards.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Hamsta

You have it backwards.
Obviously the mage was stomping you.

Wouldn't call it a stomp in any way, he won, but it was a no brainer victory from a terrible spot, with no resistance possible on my side...
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 03:00 PMPosted by gilhena
rogue's are expected to lose any game vs a mage they let get past turn 8. not realy surprizing to read this.

as for myself. I am running a late game druid deck. lets see how a mage like burning through 60ish hp while i have a loremaster cho on the field.

Yeah mages do counter rogues I've come to realise, atleast the most commons of deck(low costs etc.).
I used my standard deck which isn't too rushy, a lot of lows and few big, but he started to shut me down turn 6 or 7 if I recall correctly :)
Reply Quote
Then you're bad. Mage control sucks now.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Boulenais

I don't have mage cards anymore, I tried it, but the playstyle it takes really threw me off, so I disenchanted my mage cards.

Cool story bro.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Scerion

Or, just go away.

What kind of a special kid are you :))) people are talking mages are op on general no one said they are unbeatable , naab kid :D
Reply Quote
IMO mage is the most fun class to play in the game. This is not a good thing. The fun factor is easily imbalanced in the mages favor. No other class has the same amount enemy board control as the mage. They also have not 1 but 5 aoe abilities, 4 of which deal damage. Seriously blizz? 5 aoe for one class? You can't deny the control is overpowered. I just lost to a mage on my rogue. it was a horrible experience. All of my minions were pinged or fire balled off the board before they even had an opportunity to attack. Stealth is underpowered when his AOE's still hit my minions. When I try to attack with my weapon, I get frozen. Seriously, least fun class to play against in game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]