Mage control too strong?

<whine whine whine - mage is OP - whine whine whine> I just lost to a mage on my rogue.
Speaks for itself.
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Ephex
IMO mage is the most fun class to play in the game. This is not a good thing. The fun factor is easily imbalanced in the mages favor. No other class has the same amount enemy board control as the mage. They also have not 1 but 5 aoe abilities, 4 of which deal damage. Seriously blizz? 5 aoe for one class? You can't deny the control is overpowered. I just lost to a mage on my rogue. it was a horrible experience. All of my minions were pinged or fire balled off the board before they even had an opportunity to attack. Stealth is underpowered when his AOE's still hit my minions. When I try to attack with my weapon, I get frozen. Seriously, least fun class to play against in game.

Exacty how I feel, playing against most mages.
Reply Quote
<whine whine whine - mage is OP - whine whine whine> I just lost to a mage on my rogue.
Speaks for itself.

But ain't it kinda wrong you can't influence which class you get against when for example Rogues would get beaten by mages most of the times?(In theory)
It's still a closed beta, so there is still balance changes, just think it's wrong if it works like that.
Reply Quote
And fyi this was never meant as a whinning thread!
It was merely meant to set attentention upon mages, which counters some classes too hard, Blizzard want's Hearthstone to be a big competitive esports game etc. but it will be hard to get it out like that if the RNG aspect is too big, fx the extreme counter some classes do have. Ofc in the long run you will get the rank you deserve, but, in tournaments aswell. There should always be a way to play around it. 3 turns of immunity and 23 dmg to the oppenent starting turn 7 is a bit over the edge and I know it was a rare case, but still. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/01/2014 05:05 AMPosted by Boulenais
It was merely meant to set attentention upon mages, which counters some classes too hard, Blizzard want's Hearthstone to be a big competitive esports game etc. but it will be hard to get it out like that if the RNG aspect is too big, fx the extreme counter some classes do have. Ofc in the long run you will get the rank you deserve, but, in tournaments aswell. There should always be a way to play around it. 3 turns of immunity and 23 dmg to the oppenent starting turn 7 is a bit over the edge and I know it was a rare case, but still. :)

Mage doesn't really counter classes any more than other classes do. Did you read this thread?

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10973087435?page=1
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Ephex
IMO mage is the most fun class to play in the game. This is not a good thing. The fun factor is easily imbalanced in the mages favor. No other class has the same amount enemy board control as the mage. They also have not 1 but 5 aoe abilities, 4 of which deal damage. Seriously blizz? 5 aoe for one class? You can't deny the control is overpowered. I just lost to a mage on my rogue. it was a horrible experience. All of my minions were pinged or fire balled off the board before they even had an opportunity to attack. Stealth is underpowered when his AOE's still hit my minions. When I try to attack with my weapon, I get frozen. Seriously, least fun class to play against in game.

Good thing there also rather bad mages around.

12/30/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Scerion
Am I the only one thinking mage is no skill to win?
You're not the first whiner claming that mages take no skill to win. However all the other losers I've challenged to prove it by streaming themselves playing a mage up to rank 5 have made excuses or run away.

So I challenge you, stream yourself taking a mage to rank 5 and I pay $200 into a Paypal account of your choice. Should be easy money right?

Or, just go away.

Scerion, I know these noobs are annoying but is it really necessary to use the same comment in every single thread and also talk condescending all time?
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Boulenais
You're not the first whiner claming that mages take no skill to win. However all the other losers I've challenged to prove it by streaming themselves playing a mage up to rank 5 have made excuses or run away.

So I challenge you, stream yourself taking a mage to rank 5 and I pay $200 into a Paypal account of your choice. Should be easy money right?

Or, just go away.

Scerion, I know these noobs are annoying but is it really necessary to use the same comment in every single thread and also talk condescending all time?

Lol shut up yourself, you clearly have no clue on what noob means, besides I'm not a noob for thinking something is unbalanced in a closed beta game... If I complained about more classes than mage you could say something, but not because I think one class that can cause "immunity" to himself for 4 rounds if has the right cards, unless oppenent got spells.
I just think mages are like "safe" in their card draws cause they have so many posibilities of turning the tide. Unlike priest for example atleast imo, they can top deck and get a ~30/30 at turn 4, but they are card dependant on being op, so it evens up! And like palas can turn 5 clear any board with just 2 cards, but again, not as many posibilities to freeze the game or stop the opponents turn as mages.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Sar

Mage doesn't really counter classes any more than other classes do. Did you read this thread?

Just read it, just seems though you need to focus a deck on mages when you don't know who you will face.
Reply Quote
Glad to see the always bias mages in this thread, Sar useless as always, and Scerion and Gohanitos scums to users as always.

To op, no my friend, you are not the only one to experience this kind of problems. But you see, you cannot come to this forum because you wil be told how bad you really are and how hard playing mage it really is and you need to stream yourself to prove to the all mighty gods that you say the truth.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/01/2014 08:11 AMPosted by Boulenais

Just read it, just seems though you need to focus a deck on mages when you don't know who you will face.

The class-specific decks listed are all generically viable decks. The only one that's arguably a specific anti-mage deck is the hunter deck, and ironically, the secret / control variant seems to actually be the strongest all-around version available to hunters at the moment.

But no, NONE of these decks require being specific anti-mage decks; that's just a cop-out people make. No deck is strong against every deck; if it were, that would be the definition of an overpowered deck. How well you do in various matchups is dependent on what combination of cards you put in. If you refuse to put in zero anti-mage cards, you're going to be at a big disadvantage to mage. It's just like if you refuse to put in taunt minions you'll be susceptible to charge, and if you refuse to put in anti-weapon cards, you'll be at a disadvantage to warrior. Knowing how to balance your deck to use the most well-rounded cards possible to counter the widest number of decks you expect to counter in the meta is part of the skill of the game.
Reply Quote

The class-specific decks listed are all generically viable decks. The only one that's arguably a specific anti-mage deck is the hunter deck, and ironically, the secret / control variant seems to actually be the strongest all-around version available to hunters at the moment.

But no, NONE of these decks require being specific anti-mage decks; that's just a cop-out people make. No deck is strong against every deck; if it were, that would be the definition of an overpowered deck. How well you do in various matchups is dependent on what combination of cards you put in. If you refuse to put in zero anti-mage cards, you're going to be at a big disadvantage to mage. It's just like if you refuse to put in taunt minions you'll be susceptible to charge, and if you refuse to put in anti-weapon cards, you'll be at a disadvantage to warrior. Knowing how to balance your deck to use the most well-rounded cards possible to counter the widest number of decks you expect to counter in the meta is part of the skill of the game.

You do have a point on that! I totally aggree! However, in that mentioned scenario, only spells would have helped. :)
But, ofc such scenario is rare!
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 08:12 AMPosted by CeaRshaf
Glad to see the always bias mages in this thread, Sar useless as always, and Scerion and Gohanitos scums to users as always.

To op, no my friend, you are not the only one to experience this kind of problems. But you see, you cannot come to this forum because you wil be told how bad you really are and how hard playing mage it really is and you need to stream yourself to prove to the all mighty gods that you say the truth.

Sar is atleast trying to help work around it compared to the other flamers :)
I just can't see the comparison in being bad and thinking one class is a little too strong! When saying such, it's meant in general, so the response that said "some mages are bad, some good" is useless, since then nothing is ever imbalanced :)
But yes, will be my only thread on theese forums, had no clue some League of Legends players were here ;)
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Cheys
people are talking mages are op on general no one said they are unbeatable , naab kid :D

being OP means they are by very definition, unbeatable, or at the very least it takes a special gimmick combo to win, which FYI, it doesn't, just all the failures that linger around these parts don't seem to understand this fact.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]