"Murloc Warlocks are overpowered and need nerfs" - My Friend

Murlocs are absolutely overpowered to the point where it makes the game not fun to play. Especially Warloc Murlocs.

I just got done playing a Warloc Murloc with my paladin deck. On turn 4, I killed three murlocs (clearing the board) with consecrate. Opponent played 3 more murlocs. I killed all three again with my second consecrate. Opponent played 3 more murlocs. I killed 2 of the 3 with Avenging wrath on turn 6. I survived turn 7 by taunting an "injured blade master" with "defender of argus". I survived turn 8 by using a second "defender of argus" on a 2 drop and my 1/1 hero power. Turn 9 I had no choice but to throw down Tirion against a field of 6 creatures with attacks ranging between 3 and 9. I was over run.

When 3 perfectly timed board clear cards appear, + 2 defender of argus, which typically get you a foothold, + Tirion… I'd consider this a nearly perfect answer for the Paladin. Still not enough to answer the murloc synergy. It's obvious, that murlocs are overpowered.

I would like to build a deck of my own, add to the mass annoyance and force Blizzard to respond. But, I can't afford to craft all of the murlocs necessary. I am pretty sure all of the snotty responses to murloc frustrations are coming from people who enjoy abusing the system for their own gain.
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 07:36 PMPosted by retrospy
Murlocs are absolutely overpowered to the point where it makes the game not fun to play. Especially Warloc Murlocs.

I just got done playing a Warloc Murloc with my paladin deck. On turn 4, I killed three murlocs (clearing the board) with consecrate. Opponent played 3 more murlocs. I killed all three again with my second consecrate. Opponent played 3 more murlocs. I killed 2 of the 3 with Avenging wrath on turn 6. I survived turn 7 by taunting an "injured blade master" with "defender of argus". I survived turn 8 by using a second "defender of argus" on a 2 drop and my 1/1 hero power. Turn 9 I had no choice but to throw down Tirion against a field of 6 creatures with attacks ranging between 3 and 9. I was over run.

When 3 perfectly timed board clear cards appear, + 2 defender of argus, which typically get you a foothold, + Tirion… I'd consider this a nearly perfect answer for the Paladin. Still not enough to answer the murloc synergy. It's obvious, that murlocs are overpowered.

I would like to build a deck of my own, add to the mass annoyance and force Blizzard to respond. But, I can't afford to craft all of the murlocs necessary. I am pretty sure all of the snotty responses to murloc frustrations are coming from people who enjoy abusing the system for their own gain.

This adds to (at least)14 minions dropped over the course of 4 turns, assuming he lost nothing when hacking through your taunts. Something tells me you are exaggerating a bit.

I detest running into Murloc decks as much as anyone else, but they're still very beatable.
Reply Quote
:) 'tis somewhat weird; i don't mind the murs, but, well c'mon ... them demons are not on par.
playing rogue at the moment and every time i see a warlock putting out those g-g-g-g-creatures, i do kinda panic. i'd love to play more warlock; and i'd love to play that with demons, but it's just not happening. lost to a 'priest muloc-deck today for chrissakes. haters gonna hate, rushers gonna rush, and murloc-players gonna win. it's kk, but i wouldn't mind, if they'd get messed with a bit :)
Reply Quote
There is obviously a problem with a deck when they can, and often do, win between second and third turns. The issue with murlocs is that you don't need a SPECIFIC combination of cards. Pretty much any will do. At worst you end up forcing your opponent to be on the defensive until you do get those sweet combination of murlocs and overrun them. Yes, aoe can counter murlocs, but you HAVE to pull those cards in your first two turns or you're screwed. As a mage...you have one aoe for early game, and without spell power down it's not nearly enough. Arcane missles are a crap shoot, sometimes it works out good, other times it leaves murlocs with two or three health still. I like the idea of themed decks, don't get me wrong, but as it stands murlocs are ridiculous. The real problem lies in the fact that if both players get the best cards they can...the murlocs will win.

Now you can build a deck to specifically counter a murloc deck, it's true, unfortunately it leaves much to be desired when dealing with ANY other deck.
Reply Quote
Honestly i rarely lose to Murloc decks, all it takes is aoe really. However there are people that excel at playing murloc, but those are rare, most play them wrong and are easy to beat.
Edited by JackTheKripp on 2/8/2014 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 01:58 PMPosted by jst3p
so be gone spawn of darkness.

Who talks like this?

Jaraxxus. Right? Only it's "OBLIVION! BE GONE FOUL SPAWN!"
Reply Quote
Murloc Warlocks WERE more powerful and DID get nerfed. RIP, OP Blood Imp.
Reply Quote
AOE? hahahahaha...... unless you are playing spell heavy mage, a 2 dmg aoe will not cut it VS a good murloc deck. And you have to pray that you get your AOE cards in time and he does not draw any of his 8782182 murloc cards.......

Direct removal? Congrats you killed 1 murloc. Theres a whole apartment block of them where they came from.

Taunters? delaying your misery. You survive to get out like 1 senjin and he already has like 6 murlocs buffed up on the field.

There needs to be tweaks, since when did warlocks become murloc masters in the lore of warcraft?
Reply Quote
Why you are asking for Warlock nerf when all you want is murloc nerf?
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Tmbrland
SS from a game today, I mean... No, they should not be nerfed. I even had consecration...

http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/Tmbrland/media/Hearthstone/Hearthstone_Screenshot_112014212015_zps4c942fba.png.html

I like how the people who defend Murlock decks avoid commenting on your screen. That's 26 damage in turn 4.. Of course he got a lucky hand, but I'd like to hear what kind of counter there is to this ?
Edited by Storcx on 2/9/2014 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
I rarely lose to Murloc Warlocks, heck I barely even see them anymore. I only lose if I get a REALLY bad opening draw and they draw perfect, but that's the case for any deck really.
Reply Quote
this is my message to the OP

01/01/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Bamstrife
I tried to tell him that they have counters such as AoE but he refused to listen.

Currently I have been testing some of my deck if you are playing as a mage you want to get those freeze aoe and flame strike max those are good or get a big taunt wall up so they will sack to it, it works pretty good just keep throwing those walls down the enemy murloc deck will run out of juice sooner then you think.

I also have tested on another deck on warlock is a aoe build with alot of taunt, i have 2 hellfire 2 shadow flame if you know your enemy is a murloc deck just wait for turn 4 then wipe his board and turn 5 if he keep droping murloc again wait till Turn 7 then drop a hellfire or shadow flame to wipe his board, at this point he will be top decking most of the time now and this is when you fight back.
Reply Quote
oh, i just saw, that i did not even answer that question: nah, them murlocs are not op. i don't want to have anything to do with them and they can kick my !@# in the right costellation, because their decks are not so dependent on a good draw, but then some druid or pal comes along and just smites them. just wish, those demons were not so abominable to play :) whatever good hunting y'all
Reply Quote
I play a Wurlock deck and had great outcomes in ranked matches, but I'd much rather play my normal Warlock deck, as it takes much more skill and it's much more fun. The problem I have is everyone under the sun seems to be playing a mage or a priest, and I struggle to beat them with the non-murloc deck, because in IMO mages and priests are OP. I absolutely wipe the floor with them with the murloc deck, so it's sweet revenge.

To those saying murloc decks are OP and anyone can play them with a good outcome, I say the same for mages and priests; people just looking for easy wins with an OP hero.
Reply Quote
Murloc deck is dangerous, in hand of Warlocks or not.

Mage shoots, Murlocs bite.
Shaman buffs, Murlocs crush.
Warrior shouts, Murlocs berserk.
Reply Quote
Honestly as someone who plays Merlocs on occasion, they lost a lot with the blood imp nerf. It makes the deck much less resilant to sweepers, and there's a little more play in the deck now. It's not like you can just just drop Merlocs and win, there's a finesse to the order you play them in, and a lot of the times it requires you to outwit your opponent to win.
Sure there are a few unbeatable but draws, but every deck has those. If you know how to play correctly early game against them, Merlocs are DOA. The deck can itself has many situations where it just loses.
It's a glass hammer and the only resiliency it has is the constant card draw from the warlock.
To beat a Merloc deck you just need to keep there threats off board in th early game. The deck is a combo/aggro deck that relies on synergy, and if they don't have the puzzle pieces assembled all of your threats should trump theirs.
Reply Quote
Pretty much what Accolyte says. Just keep the big threats off the board. Know when to drop your aoe. In fact, I rarely see those murloc decks anymore. Most of the time they are using that annoying Giant deck.

Rank 5+
Reply Quote
Without aggro decks the game would be lame as hell with every deck just running 8-9 high mana cost legendaries and big fat minions.
Every card game needs fast decks, murloc is similar to red deck wins, or white weenie decks you see in magic.

There are tools to beat rush decks like wild pyromancer combos, silent watchers etc.
Edited by MadJohnny on 2/14/2014 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Murlocks just have to be countered in early stages, cant let them swell or else its hard to beat
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 01:58 PMPosted by jst3p
01/01/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Bamstrife
so be gone spawn of darkness.

Who talks like this?

People who don't get out of the house too often.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]