Truesilver champion- beyond OP?

Hello all. Before we start I just want to say I'm not here to hate or rage, I mostly want to make sure I'm not missing something and direct some attention to this card, since I have had more then 1 game where paladins completely turned around a game I was 100% winning with this card, and it needs balancing.

For only 4 mana crystals, you get a 4 atk charging card, which has 2 hits and heals your champion for 2 health before it strikes. Having such low mana cost, it's a 99% kill on your 4th turn. Then it heals you, also when used early ingame it migitates A LOT of damage you recieve from the minion you just killed. I realy tried, I just cannot find any valid excuse for this card to stay like this in future.

I'm not ragestomping trough the inn screaming to fix this card, just pointing out what devs might have overlooked, and what should definitely be looked into in the future.
Reply Quote
Bear in mind this is our only weapon which we deal damage with. Light's justice is useless and Sword of justice is not used for attacking. Getting to use ashbringer is very rare.

SO this is our only reliable weapon.

Besides we dont have a single target removal. And weapons can be countered with a common minion.
Reply Quote
Like all weapons it's OP except if your opponent has an acidic swamp ooze...

But yeah it's a very good card w/great stats and I guess it's a bit frustrating to play someone who draws two.
Reply Quote
dont have direct removals ?? omg someone was not looking at cards

and on topic it should cost 5 mana
heal is half as costly as dmg so it's like 5 dmg and 2 turn effect
arcanite reaper for paladin so 5 mana is right cost

BTW: Paladins are OP for lot of things and that's only one of them
Reply Quote
It seems about right to me.

I'd much rather have either of the cheaper warrior weapons instead though.
Reply Quote
I would kill for a (2) 3/2 weapon any day over Silver. Silver is becoming a staple though b/c we don't have awesome removals. (equality and pyro arn't op removal since it requires two cards to play).
Reply Quote
They should add a variant that has 3 charges with no heal
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Laks0n
Hello all. Before we start I just want to say I'm not here to hate or rage, I mostly want to make sure I'm not missing something and direct some attention to this card, since I have had more then 1 game where paladins completely turned around a game I was 100% winning with this card, and it needs balancing.

For only 4 mana crystals, you get a 4 atk charging card, which has 2 hits and heals your champion for 2 health before it strikes. Having such low mana cost, it's a 99% kill on your 4th turn. Then it heals you, also when used early ingame it migitates A LOT of damage you recieve from the minion you just killed. I realy tried, I just cannot find any valid excuse for this card to stay like this in future.

I'm not ragestomping trough the inn screaming to fix this card, just pointing out what devs might have overlooked, and what should definitely be looked into in the future.

Nope. Working as intended.

Look at Paladin other removal and the class as a whole and you might understand.

Also, cards are allowed to be powerful and useful. Blizzard intended for players to make powerful plays and have fun.

TL:DR Not everything that beats you is OP. L2p.
Reply Quote
/)_- Truesilver is completely fine as it is, if it had more than 2 hits in it like warriors do then i'd say it needs nerfed but for a 4/2 that only heals you for 2 hp its rather well balanced not to mention its the paladins best and only usable weapon since you'll rarely get ashbringer since tirion is hex/polymorph/silence bait and lights justice is utterly useless, seriously its just a glorified rogue hero power that you have to waste a card slot to get. if you're not running acidic swamp ooze in your deck, you're doing something wrong seriously
Edited by Toxichart on 1/7/2014 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
"It's a game-changer" has to be one of the more ridiculous complaints. A strategy game is supposed to be a tug-of-war match. A one-sided victory is just boring and the antithesis of being balanced.
Reply Quote
Meh. All weapons are OP then. I agree it's probably the best weapon in the game(Gorehowl is awesome too, but eventually will kill your hero if not used intelligently), but OP? C'mon.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Intoshadows
TL:DR Not everything that beats you is OP. L2p.

This should be plastered at the top of every single page on these forums.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 04:26 PMPosted by Toxichart
seriously its just a glorified rogue hero power that you have waste a card slot to get

Did you seriously just compare a 4/2 sword that heals you to a 1/2 dagger?
Reply Quote
If a Truesilver Champion truly "caused you to lose the game", then you were never "winning" to begin with. LTP and quit the whining. I swear, some of you will never be satisfied until every unique and fun card in this game is so neutered and generic that we may as well be playing "War" with Warcraft characters on the face cards.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Viss
seriously its just a glorified rogue hero power that you have waste a card slot to get

Did you seriously just compare a 4/2 sword that heals you to a 1/2 dagger?

did you seriously just take a sentence out of my post completely out of context? I think you did....no wait let me check............yeah you did. Learn to freaking read idiot. I compared LIGHTS JUSTICE TO A 1/2 DAGGER. LIGHTS JUSTICE=/=TRUESILVER CHAMPION. If you don't know what Lights Justice is well then sonny boy, Professor Toxichart is here to teach you something then ;). Lights Justice is another Paladin weapon that you get from the basic deck which costs 1 mana and has a stat of 1/4 it is a very useful card when facing against the A.I. but against players specifically ranked, it is completely useless and you're better off just conceding if you consider to use or play if you don't have truesilver champion.
Edited by Toxichart on 1/7/2014 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Bomb
Meh. All weapons are OP then. I agree it's probably the best weapon in the game(Gorehowl is awesome too, but eventually will kill your hero if not used intelligently), but OP? C'mon.

I personally think that Fiery War Axe is the best weapon in the game, simply because it is such a sweet deal for only 2 mana.
Reply Quote
truesilver should do only 3 dmg to justify it's mana cost
it could then remove 2/3 easily
good for you paladins ?
Reply Quote
good for you paladins ?

I really wish you could ban people from class forums. All you do is spam stupid nerfs to a class that is fine. Paladins winrate are very close to 50% and experienced card players put paladin on rank 6 of all the classes in Hearthstone (This group includes Koyuki who made a control paladin deck very popular during the mage meta, Stryk0 that made a Druid deck etc).

Paladins are not as OP as you think.
Edited by DòóM on 1/9/2014 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 07:08 AMPosted by DòóM
good for you paladins ?

I really wish you could ban people from class forums. All you do is spam stupid nerfs to a class that is fine. Paladins winrate are very close to 50% and experienced card players put paladin on rank 6 of all the classes in Hearthstone (This group includes Koyuki who made a control paladin deck very popular during the mage meta, Stryk0 that made a Druid deck etc).

Paladins are not as OP as you think.

but my totally awesome deck that shouldn't ever lose to anyone got creamed by this stupid paladin deck and whenever i tried to do something he just was able to wipe out my side and his minions could do whatever they wanted with me not having any kind of an answer! QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ /sarcasm
Reply Quote
As a warrior main, i dont think this card is op at all, its just solid weapon.
Rather have my fiery waraxe to be honest, slightly stronger than arcanite reaper perhaps..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]