Mage secret Spellbender: Give draws to mage

Heya, just a short suggestions.

As is, Spellbender is a really cool secret but one thing about it seems out-of-place.

If a Druid casts Wrath or a Priest casts Power World: Shield and a Spellbender takes it... the casting player of the spell (Druid or Priest) still gets to draw a card. I think it is the Mage who should get to draw a card, or at the very least the spell's caster should not get one.

Either way I feel at least *one* out of the 6 Mage secrets should have some sort of card-drawing or better minion-summoning synergy. Maybe the Spellbender could be 2/2 instead. Anyhow, thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
Yeah great give the mage even more synergy with cards.
Spellbender in particular is already powerful in summoning an extra minion, so any class that buffs has another minion to deal with and one in particular that is buffed.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/309-spellbender
Let's say a pala cast +3 attack or 4/4, the mage gets a 4/3 or a 5/7 minion add an defender of argus in there or sunfure protector or whatever for good measure.
Giving the mage card draw ontop of that would be a massive slap in the face for whomever is buffing (that is already at risk because of your secrets, counterspell perhaps).
Spellbender is fine as it is, already strong vs buffs.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Spellbender is fine. You understand the risks of playing him when you play him, just like you understand the potential benefits. Spellbender is not meant to be "better" than Counterspell, it's meant to be another option.
Reply Quote
I'm not so sure about constructed, but spellbender is absolutely amazing in arena. People often draft cards like BoK, PW:S, inner rage, mark of nature etc. and these buff cards come in really handy with the bender. I think 1/3 is fine since it can waste a lot of small removal like backstab, whilst gaining a threat when buffs are played rather than just countering it. For example if it gets mark of nature'd with taunt, it would be out of swipe range.

It also has the benefit that it is harder to play against. Counterspell can be removed with coin, while spellbender cannot.
Reply Quote
I'm not so sure about constructed, but spellbender is absolutely amazing in arena. People often draft cards like BoK, PW:S, inner rage, mark of nature etc. and these buff cards come in really handy with the bender.

Hadn't considered the potential in Arena!

Spellbender is fine. You understand the risks of playing him when you play him, just like you understand the potential benefits.

Counterspell still has a strong niche as an AoE stopper. Spellbender... I don't know, priests are inexistent right now and druids don't even seem to put buffs in their decks =/ Seems Blessing of Kings is the only realistic buff you will get.

The rest of the time, it acts like a Counterspell that ignores AoE and spells targeted on heroes, which feels a little overly niche despte my best attempts to utilize it. I guess I'll keep experimenting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]