Problem with Redemption secret

you should be able to heal that minion..
Reply Quote
So you want a 2nd fully healed Ragnoras for almost no mana? Dream on.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Redemption costs 1 mana, isn't amazing enough as is that you get a card back?

Try comboing it with things like Argent Commander or Scarlet Crusader and it's insanely cost efficient.

Other examples of good cards to combo:

Harvest Golem (you get the damaged golem AND another 2/1 golem that sprouts ANOTHER damaged golem)
Loot Hoarder (turn 1 card draw into 2)
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 06:48 AMPosted by the8thark
So you want a 2nd fully healed Ragnoras for almost no mana? Dream on.

I think he means it comes into play as a (using Rag) 8/1 (8) minion, meaning, if they have means to burn a heal, it should work.

I sort of agree with this to be honest. All pally heals are individual cards, so it wouldn't be the same if Priests had this secret (which, they can get via Mind Vision/Thoughtsteal, but that would be a rare occurrence, and the Pally would know its possible).

@Koji - The secret isn't always in your control, and it shouldn't only be used for minions with Deathrattle, or Divine Shield. Burning a second card on a heal seems a reasonable expense on "repairing" an otherwise destroyed minion.
Edited by Verdash on 1/2/2014 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 07:59 AMPosted by Verdash
I think he means it comes into play as a (using Rag) 8/1 (8) minion, meaning, if they have means to burn a heal, it should work.
You can heal it can't you? I've never used it but I swear the minions come in damaged down to 1 health (so they still have their normal max health).
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 08:02 AMPosted by masters66
You can heal it can't you? I've never used it but I swear the minions come in damaged down to 1 health (so they still have their normal max health).

I have no idea...I only use it on Deathreattle minions for the lulz +)
I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't though, Redemption says it comes into play with 1 health. Typically, that wording indicates a fixed stat value. Notice how Blademaster has unique wording to make it clear he is injured, not just low health.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Verdash
Typically, that wording indicates a fixed stat value.
Yeah that's what I thought when I looked at it first but i'm almost certain I've seen cards come in with a red '1' (meaning they are just damaged).
Reply Quote
They retain their max health. I've personally used redemption to revive a raging worgen into its enranged state.
Reply Quote
Maybe op means Repentance? (Since that is in fact fixed health and can not be healed up)

Minions rezzed by redemption can most definitely be healed, or worgen would not come back enraged.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]