Looking for some advice for my deck.

Here it is:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#4:2;30:1;44:1;56:2;95:1;157:1;177:1;220:1;263:2;280:2;356:1;422:1;479:2;483:2;522:2;531:2;560:1;577:1;589:1;595:1;602:1;634:1;

Note: I have switched Harrison Jones for Black Knight

I'd love to hear some opinions since I am stuck at 14-12 rank and can't advance. I am still fairly new so please try to limit yourself to blue cards or lower for suggested improvements. But if you feel an epic or a legendary would fit really well, you can mention it and I will consider that as a long term goal.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 09:37 AMPosted by MayhemInc
Here it is:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#4:2;30:1;44:1;56:2;95:1;157:1;177:1;220:1;263:2;280:

When you drop your Kobolds are you actually getting spell damage out of them? If you're not playing 2+ spells that do damage (To get +2 total damage from spell damage) then what's the point? You could be playing an Ooze for example instead, which is a 3/2 with an effect to shut paladins down. (The "3" would act as a +1 spell damage per say, if it were a 4/2 then it would be considered +2 spell damage, if that makes sense) Just think of it damage wise, what is going to get you more value? Keep in mind the 3/2's Ooze damage is permanent, while the spell damage is just temporary damage. This means you can't use that spell damage again until you play a spell, where the ooze can just attack. I'm not saying use Ooze instead of Kobold, but you could probably get better mage cards instead of using it.

I honestly also think Elven Archer is a terrible card, most of the time you can drop a turn 2 sorcerer with an arcane missile to deal with "1 hp" minions. Abusive sergeant also looks like it has no real place in your deck.

If you're going to have a late game legendary like that, why not throw in pyroblast or ice block? More stalling huge burns for your legendary you have.

Meh just my opinion, the rank 4 mvp of mage might tell you something. (Take everything I say with a grain of salt anyway, I'm only rank 8) This is just what I think based on my week of playing this game since the last patch.
Edited by Vrgambit on 1/2/2014 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
I see what you mean, I will certainly consider the mathematical worth of certain minions. While I am not entirely sold on removing Kobolds (since even in the late game they can be useful for a cheap 2dmg aoe or something, and buffing my spells in general) I will remove the archer for Arcane Missiles since I doubt it can ever do more than 3-5 damage at best before it is toast while an AM would do as much damage and work well with Mana Wyrm.

01/02/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Vrgambit
Abusive sergeant also looks like it has no real place in your deck.

I suppose that is true, but at the moment I have no AD to invest into a better 1M minion, unless you think one of the regular/white quality minions is better?
So lacking those AS, I feel, can be quite useful for that final OOMPH needed to end the game, e.x. I enrage my worgen with hero power and then I buff it and then 12 dmg which is quite good and has helped me often.

01/02/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Vrgambit
If you're going to have a late game legendary like that, why not throw in pyroblast or ice block? More stalling huge burns for your legendary you have.

I didn't follow this, could you elaborate? My entire deck is geared to make sure that the enemy doesn't have instakills left to take out on Antonidas when time comes, and often he still gets instagibbed,
I also lack AD to craft Pyroblast or IB at this time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]