Need your opinion

http://i.imgur.com/Vtr4tyP.jpg

Imagine you got no other cards and 400 dust to make this deck better. What would you change?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
First, you seem to have a nice control with your overload spells, meaning that you probably won't be too aggressive in the beginning and will be willing to control. So I'd remove the 4 charges that are aggressives

we have 4 emplacements left
Now, what can you add?
Seems you're playing windfury (I guess for the charge+rockbitter weapon combo) since I suggested to remove the charges, I'd suggest to add something more polyvalent that charges that is still hard ton control in cas of incoming windfury (could be another earth elemental or assassin of ravenboldt, but since it seems you're on a budget, I can suggest the stranglehorn tiger, wich is quite hard to remove)

I'd also ad the missing lightbold and thunder fork, bringing up to 0 cards missing (dust used 160 for 4 common cards).

I don't feel like there is a particular use for the faceless manipulator in your decklist, too, so maybe replacing it with another defender of argus (100 more dust) defender of argus helps your deck in both board controlling and buffing a minion for windfury.

I can see the point of ancestral spirit, but that's in my opinion not so worth it, I'd replace it by the minion wich gives windfury with his battlecry for 4 (can't remember the name) I'd also replace your windfury spell by this minion (80 more golds)

So far we reach 160-100-80=340 golds. Maybe I'd add a bloodlust wich is either an alternative kill or some board clear, with your totems (dunno what I would put out, tought). Hope that will help and that I'm not mistaken.
Reply Quote
I usually combo ancestral spirit with charge to make it windfury like (you can make 6 damage with wolf rider in 1 turn, or even 10, if you have totem). More rare with earth spirit.

Manipulator lets me copy legendaries which i don't have or call 2nd earth elem without overcharge.
If I can use ancestral spirit the same turn I copied legendary or just before coping earth elem it gives me huge advantage.

I tried BL (2 and 1, with and w/o totems) but ended with totems since they are much cheaper and enemy rarely lets me have more than 3 minions alive.

Depending on who am I playing against i can either chose contol and play lightnings 1st 4-5 turns, or play agro with charge and totems.

I was considering replacing rocketeer with argent commander. But i got reasons not to. 1st - if fire elem is MKd by priest I can kill it with single rocketeer the next turn. 2nd - I often see something with 5-7 hp, so I combo it with totem if needed and can kill it. So the idea is trying to kill every enemy minion before it got chance to make anything.

Windspeaker...I was trying once to have one as a 2nd wind fury, cause having 2 spell card would mean 1 less minion and 1 less chance to find use to this extra spell. Turned out it is to expensive to make combos in late game. Having 2 would be even bigger disaster.
The only wf I got is usually used with smth that got better that 4-4 stats.
Edited by FunkyFrog on 1/2/2014 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'd at least get rid of the 2 rocketers, because they have only 2 health, and will die while killing any taunt (and even worste, they'll die to explosive trap). I f you really want to keep ancestral spirit, then, it's true you can keep charge minions, either argent comander or maybe even arcane golem? (he only costs 3 to play, meaning you can spend 5-6 mana to buff him so he can dish tons of damages) + the extra cristal isn't much if you wait late game to play him (and late game is when you'd have played the rocketer anyway) I would still prefer to rely on stealth creatures, witch are harder to remove and easier to buff (since you don't have to spend mana to buff them on the turn you played them, and therefore, would have more mana to give them buffs). The way you use ancestral spirit indeed works better witch charge minions, I still find it too cheesy for my liking (but still, if you want to keep it, I can't recomend anything better than the carcanite golem) (except for the shaman legendary, maybe?)

+about your windfury, don't forget that the rock-bitter can be used on your windfury creature (I tought for a long time that it only worked on the hero). I still prefer the windspeaker than windfury, since windfury will sometimes end up being a dead card (but that's probably because I'm using stealth minions instead of charge one, wich lead me to less mana issue to buff them when I want them to attack).
Reply Quote
Thanks, golems are really something that will fit my style. Don't they give a card draw to enemy like similar druid's spell when used after 10th turn?

Rock-bitter is a great card. There are so many situations it can be super useful, and costs just 1 mana. About stealth - I tried that too, even assassin (which did a great job sometimes), but enemy using taunt or argus the next turn was a problem, cause of max 5 health stealth minions have.
Reply Quote
Well, I'm not sure about the card draw, but as I recall, it doesn't (I only played arcanite golem a few time on arena, so I might be wrong) true about stealth having max 5 health, enough to not die from a flame strike. I guess 2 health still die to taunts, but you're counting both on surprise and on ancestral spirit to make your charges windfurry go throught anyway, if I understand?
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 11:56 AMPosted by Neerzidaas
but you're counting both on surprise and on ancestral spirit to make your charges windfurry go throught anyway, if I understand?

I came up with this charge-spirit combo after I decided not to use stealth. So I never though of it as the way to kill taunts for it. Now I'm afraid that having 3rd stealth (after lightnings and charge) mechanic will bring more random to my deck (less chance to have several cards in hand that complete each other). But it seems to work so good that I have to give it a shot.

P.S. US forum is so much better than RU))
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 12:22 PMPosted by FunkyFrog
P.S. US forum is so much better than RU

I also come here isntead of the french forum, most of the time.

I guess you'll have to play to improve it, now.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot!)
Reply Quote
You're welcome, I finished my shaman deck recently, so I got curious of what other shaman would build, it was a pleasure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]