Sprint

Anyone else think sprint cost too much for what it does?

While yes drawing 4 cards is very useful, I find myself having a hard time justifying keeping Sprint in my deck considering how late game of a card it is. What usually ends up happening is that I draw Sprint but can't use it because it locks me out of doing 80%-99% of my plays. Sprint ironically enough feels like a a sprint to the finish line for a game where you're so hard ahead that the competition is nowhere insight. Rogues are fast, swift, and deadly like silent farts; Sprint in it's current incarnation is clunky, slow, and cost too much for what it does.
Edited by forevergone on 1/2/2014 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sprint, while far from my favorite card, does have a place. It does feel clunky, but the reload is a very valuable asset. Ideally I have it to cast on 7 after a turn six which sees the opponents board clear and me with anything else left. Then it doesn't feel so bad. I fee like it gives me the gas to push into the last few turns while my opponent is left trying to catch up.

That said I only ever run of them. I put it in in place of Auctioneer I felt it was too hard to protect him and draw a meaningful amount of cards. I don't like it with Prep, though many people do. That is an epic card in a two card combo that essentially says draw 2 cards out of 28. Not bad, but not exciting. I think there is a thread somewhere discussing rogue epics, so I won't go into more here.

TL;DR- It isn't the best, but you can get mileage out of it without a lot of work to help put you over the top.
Reply Quote
Seems too costly indeed. But I am guessing that is why they made cards like Preparation, which will allow you to cast Sprint on turn 4 (3 with the coin).
Reply Quote
The reason I don't like it with Prep is that you are only going up 2 cards (after replacing sprint and prep) after getting the combo in your hand. If you are playing Prep for a reason other than Sprint, the value goes up. But I wouldn't play Prep just to get a faster Sprint. For the same cost you could play 2 Loot hoarders or Novice engineers (whichever you didn't include in your first 30) can come out ahead.
Reply Quote
A card needs to be self sufficient. While Prep+Sprint is a sweet combo, either of these cards can be pretty useless on their own, which is why building a deck around this type of combo is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
I find myself using Sprint often. My aggro deck relies on heavy comboing in the early game with only Novice Engineers for card draws. I use Shadowsteps and board sweepers often too, so by turn 6 I don't have much left in my hand.

That's when Sprint shines.
Reply Quote
yeah they should remake the card to have like requirements so it could be used at a lower cost

Example: "(spell cost 7)Draw 4 cards, if you have 1 or less cards in hand (excluding this card) the cost of this card is 3 less and can not cost any less with other cards"

then the card should be:
1. More self sufficient
2. giving it a role as a "reload" card then a "anytime" card
3. that would solve the Rogue Deck's "I'm-out-of-cards?! O_o" problem

PS: im not sure if this change would make this card OP or not its just my opinion
Reply Quote
sprint has its place i'd be nice if we had some creatures that reduce spell cost like the mage has
Reply Quote
Yes because all of our other spells cost more than 0-2 ohh wait

Also mages are currently trash. The only way to play a consistent mage is to build all neutral minions. Aka play a different class. Those -1 mana minions are so easily removed and with spells and +spell dmg in your deck there are infinitely better options.
Edited by BurtThaMan on 2/9/2014 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 02:18 PMPosted by BurtThaMan
Yes because all of our other spells cost more than 0-2 ohh wait

Also mages are currently trash. The only way to play a consistent mage is to build all neutral minions. Aka play a different class. Those -1 mana minions are so easily removed and with spells and +spell dmg in your deck there are infinitely better options.

yes cause our minions are so amazing everyone plays neutral minions neutral minions OP if there was a class that used only there class minions and was competetive that class would be overpowered also if a two drop an a back stab destroys your board after a sprint you weren't in the lead to begin with an the rogue used sprint to nail you to the wall
Reply Quote
The last part of your comment was confusing, the problem with sprint is that it should be used when behind however the ONLY time it makes sense is when you are ahead except for prep+sprint which has already been shown to be a waste of two cards in your deck.

Also don't misunderstand me. I main rogue and Mage. I wish what I said wasn't true but it is. Yes everyone plays neutrals but Mage is terrible in current meta. I still play it. I have two different Mage decks just trying to make it better but it's near impossible. I have positive W:L ratio but that doesn't change the fact that Mage worst class right now. Just because a Mage had a perfect draw game and you had a terrible one and they destroyed you does not change the state of the game or the hero rankings. Just my opinion I guess. But it's a pretty good one lol :-)
Edited by BurtThaMan on 2/9/2014 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
you assume to much i actually don't have a hard time against mages and if mages were any stronger then they are now they would be overpowered which is why they got nerfed
Reply Quote
I don't get the complaints. Given the WHAM BAM flood the field nature of the Rogue, it's an obvious 1 of to refill your hand late game for that last push.

4 cards is a lot more than "useful" it's game ending. That said, I'd never run it as a 2 of, but as a 1 of it's perfect. Lessens the chance of starting out with it, but increases the chance of getting it late game when you need it for that last push.
Reply Quote
Its, 3 mana for 2 cards (Arcane intellect) 5 mana for 3 cards (Nourish) and 7 mana for 4 cards (sprint)

I personally feel it should nourish should be increased to 6 mana so druids pay a choice tax but they would argue differently. Maybe sprint should come down to 6 instead.

sprints actually moderatly useful and has def seen play at a competitive level. It allows you to pressure quite hard and spend cards liberally to maintain/gain board control by turn 7. Its definitely better when going first though.

Like if i have 3-4 minions out on turn 6 vs a mage, ill clean up the board turn 7 and sprint, because i assume that a flame strike is coming. the sprint gains back any card advantage they gain from the flame strike and usually my superior card spending nets me damage on the mage as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]