Reply Quote
You start every match with either 0 or infinite health
Reply Quote
2xPyros=20
2xFrostbolts=6
2xFireballs=12

You start with -18health, good luck.
Reply Quote
i've seen this exact thread title a couple days ago. are you the ultimate troll, or what?
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Kurt
2xPyros=20
2xFrostbolts=6
2xFireballs=12

that's right, and don't forget how much damage arcane missiles do...

seriously, did you even bother to look up the mana cost on those spells? or are you an alt for barnstrife?
Reply Quote
matter of fact, you also forgot ice lance, which only makes sense to combo with your frostbolts for 8 more damage. your total will actually come to 32 damage. so as soon as you start the game against a mage, concede, because you actually start the match with negative hp, right?
Reply Quote
Don't forget to report a bug that some people can defeat mages.
Reply Quote
if you really can't deal with mage,put some healing cards, so your game start will 40 health or higher.
if you do care that much of win and lose, you can also play a mage.
Reply Quote
I'm no expert on TCG/CCG or Hearthstone but if you play your cards right you can beat Mages. If RNG is also strong then you can escape with a win. The little bit that I've been playing this game and learning from it makes me appreciate the Damage from the Mages though.

Arcane Missles at 1
Ice Lance off of freeze spells and even Water Elementals.
Mana Wyrms can easily gain attack power if the enemy doesn't take care of them quick.
Frost Bolts at 2
Fireballs at 4
Pyroblast at 8
AOE Flamestrike at 7 to finish some games off.

Darn, after mentioning all that they do look intimidating and OP. But they can be beat. I don't see why they should be nerfed or messed with.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 05:35 PMPosted by UrukEnkidu
2xPyros=20
2xFrostbolts=6
2xFireballs=12

that's right, and don't forget how much damage arcane missiles do...

seriously, did you even bother to look up the mana cost on those spells? or are you an alt for barnstrife?

In all fairness, two frostbolts and two ice lances cost 8 mana and deal 14 damage altogether.
18 damage if you use 10 mana and summon a kobold.
4 mana if you have a Sorcerer's apprentice out.
Reply Quote
QQ post #21484562 by bamstrife, does his whining know no bounds?, will he ever give up and actually learn to play?, we will find out the answer to all this and more after a brief message from our sponsor:

"GTFO kiddo and learn to play"

brought to you by "we don't give a damn what you terribad players say, whining about it helps nobody, especially you whiny kids".

just remember, keep being bad, those sweet tears you are shedding are sustaining us and making us even stronger.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Deeplove
Darn, after mentioning all that they do look intimidating and OP.

you forgot to mention that mage minions suck balls, hence the NEED to have hard hitting spells to make up for the pretty poor minion selection that mages have access to, the only decent minion mages have from a stats point of view is archmage antonidas, and that is the class legendary, which is hard to get hold of, the base minions are poor with only water elemental being really a viable choice, and most mage decks atm, mana wyrm is a waste of mana as it is killed the turn it is played, sorcerer's apprentice same thing, killed the turn it is played 99 times out of 100, that leaves the kirin tor mage and ethereal arcanist, which are increadibly niche cards with poor stats for the cost especially when u cannot guarentee u will have a secret ready to play in the case of the kirin tor mage, and in the case of the etjhereal arcanist, unless u can guarentee a secret is active at least once after u play it, it is a waste of mana 3/3 for 4, so explain how mages are supposed to manage to beat the basic AI with this terrible set of class minions.
Reply Quote
urm.. there are warloc aggro decks getting turn 4 kills. pyro is turn 8. unless they bring some control mages can be rushed down quicker then they can rush you down, forcing them to play control with fireballs etc.

plus healing of pally/preist can easily tank spell based aggro mage. that and well played warriors using armor smith etc
Reply Quote
i like just plain archmage. if i don't draw antonidas, the archmages are 1 mana cheaper (6) for 1 attack less. they're the beefy mage minions to get. water elementals are fun too, but i prefer my spell damage buffs. the ancient mages are fun to play with (and brewmasters - what's better than drinking alone? a drinking party with double-buffed mages! :-)

armorsmith is evil. >.<

oh, and mana addicts make a nice critter alongside the mana wyrms. wyrms are better cause they KEEP their buffs, but the mana addicts can do surprising burst damage for a clutch situation.
Reply Quote
Darn, after mentioning all that they do look intimidating and OP.

you forgot to mention that mage minions suck balls, hence the NEED to have hard hitting spells to make up for the pretty poor minion selection that mages have access to, the only decent minion mages have from a stats point of view is archmage antonidas, and that is the class legendary, which is hard to get hold of, the base minions are poor with only water elemental being really a viable choice, and most mage decks atm, mana wyrm is a waste of mana as it is killed the turn it is played, sorcerer's apprentice same thing, killed the turn it is played 99 times out of 100, that leaves the kirin tor mage and ethereal arcanist, which are increadibly niche cards with poor stats for the cost especially when u cannot guarentee u will have a secret ready to play in the case of the kirin tor mage, and in the case of the etjhereal arcanist, unless u can guarentee a secret is active at least once after u play it, it is a waste of mana 3/3 for 4, so explain how mages are supposed to manage to beat the basic AI with this terrible set of class minions.

I'd like to know what planet you're from where mage minions can be considered bad.

Water elemental is a very solid 4 drop, it survives more than most minions and can be very frustrating, especially to decks with weapons.

Mana wyrm has incredible potential and is something your opponent will almost always want to get rid of quickly (and lol at it being removed the turn it's played as a turn 1 drop).

Sorcerer's apprentice, same deal, it's a strong 2 drop with a potentially very powerful special. Sure, it'll get traded quickly by another 2 drop, but that doesn't make it a bad card. Using that logic apparently virtually every early game minion is bad since almost all of them trade against equal cost creatures. Anyone not dropped on their head one too many times can see that sorc apprentice is on par with most 2 drops with the potential to be incredible.

Edit: Nm I just read you're talking about beating the basic AI deck. If you're struggling with that with the basic mage deck (and those mentioned mage minions) of all things then the problem isn't mage, the problem is you've got a lot left to learn in the game and shouldn't be discussing balance yet. You can pretty much get something like a 90% win rate against any advanced AI using a basic mage deck.
Edited by Morthis on 1/2/2014 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]