Mages need a complete re-evaluation

the mechanics of the spells and abilities just needs to be changed. Being able to roll 2 fireballs / 2 pyro's / 2 freeze's and a fire blast that can bypass taunts and deal direct damage is just unreal. Not to mention any other cards they may have at their disposal... *cough* sheep
Reply Quote
Yeah also remove priests ability 2 mind blasts takes down +10 or more with spell power .

Unfair .
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Yes, because according to collected stats, they're winning less than half of their games.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 11:06 PMPosted by Mand
Yes, because according to collected stats, they're winning less than half of their games.
Reply Quote
Remove all the spells, remove the hero powers, remove the ability of the creatures, 1 mana 1/1 2 mana 2/2 and so on. Will you be happy then ? I doubt it, you will find something that is overpowered and whine against it. probably 4 mana 4/4 or something similar
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 11:06 PMPosted by Mand

where are these stats exactly? I'm curious.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 11:01 PMPosted by Dark
the mechanics of the spells and abilities just needs to be changed. Being able to roll 2 fireballs / 2 pyro's / 2 freeze's and a fire blast that can bypass taunts and deal direct damage is just unreal. Not to mention any other cards they may have at their disposal... *cough* sheep

If you let them play 7 spells (2 of wich cost 8 mana) you deserve nothing more than a LOOSE
Reply Quote
Mage minion synergy (and just minions in general) is absolute garbage past (1) and (2). They can't draw cards so well either, Arcane Intellect is horrible unless you have a Wyrm or Apprentice Sorcerer out. Freezes are too expensive to even get anything out of them before turn 5 and 6. Everything is just too expensive (including half the secrets), on the basis that you'd be able to keep your weaksauce 3/2 sorcerer or X/3 minions alive on the board in this removal-fest meta.

Past rank 3, the only deck I could really compete with consistently got crushed by Rogues, Druids and anybody who knew how to to do 15 damage by turn 5 (hint: not hard with class minions or Faerie Dragons/SSC/Argus/Iron Dwarf).

Fire Blast needs to scale with... something, other than enrages and Acolyte of Pain. Like priests and their minions who amplify Lesser Heal or turn it into a damage ping. Some secrets need to cost (2). Kirin Tor Mage and Etheral Arcanist need tweaks.

As for your complaint with Taunts, you should know they don't do good damage for their cost in general, the mild exceptions being Sen'Jin and Druid Minions. You beat mages by using 2 or 3 good minions capable of strong damage output for their cost.
Edited by Vanish on 1/1/2014 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 11:15 PMPosted by erupt50

where are these stats exactly? I'm curious.
I'd love to see them as well. Would be very useful.
Reply Quote
Says the guy who just took 19 dmg to a Mana Wyrm and Faerie Dragon because he refuses to play a competitive decklist in favor or his 30pallycardsilike.dec
Reply Quote
i wish i could record the complete lose i just got by a mage early game she nuked all my champs with spell cards every single one of them. she sheeped my high lvls and destroyed them with her passive ability and this is one by one btw she destroyed them till she left me empty handed and she only used 3 low under lvl 5 mana cost minions against me, since i had no minions on the field. I as a warrior used my two excutes to kill two and i my minion with charge killed the other she then used the deal 6 damage against me killed that guy then i put a minion with taunt 6-5 and guess what nuked it with the deal 6 damage and killed my minion. I then put a minion with 8-8 but it was too late she used the deal 10 damage card on me and won.. with no cards with taunt on her side below 5 lvl mana cost minions that delt less then 4 damage each..she literly only used 3 minions and the rest was with spell cards to beat me.
Reply Quote
Cool Story bro. Man if you only could have coined and used Fiery War Axe on turn 1 and killed those minions creating Card and tempo advantage you might have won rather easy.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 11:38 PMPosted by Vanish
Some secrets need to cost (2).

That wouldn't really work. What makes secrets good is that they all have the same costs which makes it difficult to figure out which one it is. If they didn't all have the same cost, it would be easier to figure out which secret you played, which ruins much of the value.
Reply Quote
2 pyro = 20
2 firebolt = 12
2 frostbolt = 6
38 altogether
So if you heal yourself for 9 you are invincible.
And mage can't win
OR... IF YOU FORCE MAGE spend either of these for minions you don't even need to heal yourself!!!!!
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 11:51 PMPosted by Brianphoenix
Says the guy who just took 19 dmg to a Mana Wyrm and Faerie Dragon because he refuses to play a competitive decklist in favor or his 30pallycardsilike.dec

How do you even take that much damage from a mana wyrm and a faerie dragon ._.
Reply Quote
it's not about mage OP or win-rate or anything
it's all about facing against mage with lucky draw is completely 1-sided and not fun at all
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 12:12 AMPosted by Sinamora
2 pyro = 20
2 firebolt = 12
2 frostbolt = 6
38 altogether
And mage can't win
OR... IF YOU FORCE MAGE spend either of these for minions you don't even need to heal yourself!!!!!

Soooo... i noticed you arent counting ice lance damage or hero power... Or spell power buffs...Are you doing that for a reason?
Edited by Mightyrahiem on 1/2/2014 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 12:19 AMPosted by Kahlzit
it's all about facing against mage with lucky draw is completely 1-sided and not fun at all

exactly what I mean
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 12:19 AMPosted by Kahlzit

Facing anything with lucky draw is completely one-sided and not fun
Edited by Drops on 1/2/2014 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 12:25 AMPosted by Mightyrahiem
2 pyro = 20
2 firebolt = 12
2 frostbolt = 6
38 altogether
And mage can't win

Soooo... i noticed you arent counting ice lance damage or hero power... Or spell power buffs...Are you doing that for a reason?

Soooo.... did you count mana cost?
2xpyro 16 - 20dmg
2xfireb 8 - 12dmg
2xfrostb 6 6dmg
2xiceland 2 8dmg

In perfect situation i can see this possible only from turn 6
IF BY THE TURN 6 You got -1 spell cost minion up witch usualy dies asap allowing you to cast cheaper spells on that turn, then:
T6 2x frostbolts + 2x icelances + heropower total 15dmg
T7 2x fireballs + heropower total 13dmg
T8 1x Pyro + heropower total 11 dmg
if not dead by then
T9 1x Pyro + heropower total 11dmg

All looks good... but then you think about it... you need to win the board up to turn 6, you need to have all those cards ready, you opponent must suck badly, or have the worst card draw of his own deck... this happens actually

Then again, perfect situations... lets take shaman
you go 2nd, and on
T5 use coin and summon fire elemental 6/5 + dealing 3 dmg to character
T6 drop flamtongue totem +2dmg + windfury + 3dmg +3dmg and BAM dead 28dmg in one go.

You can say - but taunt stops it... well yea, but if wizzard is going to dish out 46dmg in 4 turns with 8 cards, then he probably does not have any taunts up, if he does by the turn 6 - then you are really bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]