Problems with Late Game Control

I am having trouble finishing off the enemy, I get a slight momentum with early to mid game but then it all falls off.

This is my deck for Druid:

2 Innervate
2 Claw
2 Mark of the Wild
2 Wrath
2 Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 Ironbeak Owl
1 Sunfury Protector
1 Savage Roar
1 Flesheating Ghoul
1 Harvest Golem
2 Ironfur Grizzly
1 Questing Adventurer
1 Shattered Sun Cleric
2 Swipe
1 Dark Iron Dwarf (is this some bug? I can never play him if I don't have a minion to buff with, as opposed to shattered sun cleric who I can play even if there is no one to buff)
2 Senjin Shieldmaster
1 Druid of the Claw
1 Starfire
1 Argent Commander
1 Lord of the Arena
1 Stormwind Champion
1 Ironbark Protector

I am still fairly new so I don't have very many rare higher level cards. Please let me know what I should swap out.
Reply Quote
Sadly druid is one of those classes that you're going to need big cards to play. You need lots of epics/legendaries. I would look at warlock for someone just starting out. Warlock agro is cheap to make.
Reply Quote
If you can add ragnaros or ysera, that will fix your problem. otherwise try some murlock decks...
Reply Quote
Ironfur Grizzly is bad imo, it trades poorly way to often.

The Dark Iron Drawf has to buff a minion if a minion is available. If your opponent has minions but you don't that means you have to buff your opponent's to play the card. If the board is empty on both sides he can be played without giving the buff to anything.

As mentioned by the other posters in this thread, most druid decks rely on big scary legendary cards. Also the druid epic cards (400 dust each) of Ancient of War and Ancient of Lore are really really good and help as well.
Reply Quote
Sadly druid is one of those classes that you're going to need big cards to play. You need lots of epics/legendaries. I would look at warlock for someone just starting out. Warlock agro is cheap to make.

No, you don't. For some reason people think this, but you can play a decent druid deck with few to no higher cards.

My deck floats right around Rank 12 (not great, but not awful) with one legendary (Sylvannas) that I rarely use and am considering changing out. It's a nice bullet magnet, but people know how to work around her.

That said, having a lot of epics and legendaries makes a good druid deck potentially great, as the Ancients are good cards to have (I don't yet). But to say you NEED them is an overstatement.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Pirogoeth

No, you don't. For some reason people think this, but you can play a decent druid deck with few to no higher cards.

My deck floats right around Rank 12 (not great, but not awful) with one legendary (Sylvannas) that I rarely use and am considering changing out. It's a nice bullet magnet, but people know how to work around her.

That said, having a lot of epics and legendaries makes a good druid deck potentially great, as the Ancients are good cards to have (I don't yet). But to say you NEED them is an overstatement.

Well not to be mean but rank 12 is nothing. Sure you can play anything and get to that. I ment in a competitive environment if he's actually trying to climb the ladder. If you want to play for fun just play whatever cards you enjoy.
Reply Quote
Remove the following cards:

1 x Stormwind Champion
1 x Lord of the Arena
1 x Argent Commander (Optional)
2 x Ironfur Grizzlies
1 x Flesh Eating Ghoul
1 x Sunfury Protector (Optional)
1 x Savage Roar
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 x Innervate (Optional)

Some things to replace them with:

Amani Beserker
Raging Worgen
Azure Drake
Druid of the Claw
Ironbark Protector
Ancient of War/Lore
Nourish
Starfall (YOUR GONNA WANT THIS CARD SOOO GOOD)
Boulderfist Ogre
Keeper of the Grove (If you got him)

Thats pretty much it, Druid is really hard to play with just a basic set, your really going to need some of his expert cards and some rares and epics along with that... and legends down the road.
Reply Quote
if your problem is finishing, look at your finishers.

ironbark protector is a strong, and cheap card given that it is basic set (aka free) ... so work with that in place of ancients to start (ancients are better) and concentrate your dust elsewhere.

druid of the claw is solid, and frankly mandatory

one keeper is mandatory for druid

you might want to look at a faceless manipulator.... cheesy and relatively cheap way to clone a rag or ysera from your opponent, and combos well with druid buffs (as it clones all buffs on the target)

totally agree with the comments on starfall and azure drake... you want one or two of these.

another card to think about (don't race for it, wait until the dust is obtainable) ..... big game hunter. It is a good card for most classes. It is an essential card for competitive druid play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]