Has anyone used Patient Assassin?

Looks like an intresting card, I don't know how he will fit in the gameplay though.
Reply Quote
To me, he's a slightly more utility version of Emperor Cobra. They do the same thing, it's just the Assassin is a bit "heartier" due to Stealth (Thus not being able to be targeted).
Reply Quote
Its just that you will probably drop him when the enemy makes some big minion drop but its like a removal with 1 turn delay, not very efficient.
Reply Quote
For me he is not used for single removal but for forcing your opponent to waste some precious aoe dmg or forcing him NOT to play something big . But this little fella has a very tough time when facing a Mage or Shammy :)
Reply Quote
If it were viable to run some kind of control deck as a rogue patient assassin would be a great card - but since rogues can't really make a viable control deck (as a result of the kinds of class cards they have and their hero power not being very good late in the game), he's simply too vulnerable to AoEs (in a control deck the opponent typically wouldn't get much out of the AoE other than killing the assassin so it would be ok).

If you did run him, you shouldn't be too greedy with him trying to kill something really big with it. Trading a 2 mana minion for a 2 mana minion is an ok trade, and better than leaving him doing nothing until he dies to some AoE. It does depend a lot on the situation/matchup of course.
Reply Quote
He's great in arena where the games are slower, but as Kithros said, rogues are suited towards early game in constructed so he's not that great.
Reply Quote
He's fun to style with if you face the right opponent. I once played a Patient Assassin on turn one, and then killed that player with it as the last damage. It was hilarious.
Reply Quote
Patient assassin brought me bad luck, I just started ranked yesterday, got to rank 18 2 stars and then opened a pank in which that little guy was in. I lost 6 matches in a row and still going now, I dunno what's wrong with my deck, I previously stomped everyone.
Should I disenchant Patient Assassin?
Reply Quote
Of course you should disenchant it. The card is clearly making the RNG gods hate you.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Caldari
Of course you should disenchant it. The card is clearly making the RNG gods hate you.

^('-')
This.
Don't forget to offer a goat along with the sacrifice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]