Mages do the same stuff over and over again!

I HATE MAGE GAMEPLAY!

I feel they don't even care what class my hero is all they care is drawing cards, hanging on by buying time and rushing minions into me BYPASSING THE BOARD COMPLETELY UNTIL I AM LOW ENOUGH TO PLAY THEIR STUPID UNDENIABLE DAMAGE CARDS.

Please, let them go play vs the ai if it doesn't matter who their human enemy is. All mages I face do the same, they don't give a single FUK what minions I play because they don't target them. They just want to do their own thing over and over again.

Who thought this is fun? Mage needs a fix as it's not only broken but NOT FUN.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Read this, it'll help you.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10973087435
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 02:00 AMPosted by CeaRshaf
I HATE MAGE GAMEPLAY!

I feel they don't even care what class my hero is all they care is drawing cards, hanging on by buying time and rushing minions into me BYPASSING THE BOARD COMPLETELY UNTIL I AM LOW ENOUGH TO PLAY THEIR STUPID UNDENIABLE DAMAGE CARDS.

Please, let them go play vs the ai if it doesn't matter who their human enemy is. All mages I face do the same, they don't give a single FUK what minions I play because they don't target them. They just want to do their own thing over and over again.

Who thought this is fun? Mage needs a fix as it's not only broken but NOT FUN.

RAGE MOAR RAAWWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, chillax and learn to play, either that or quit, clearly if you can't handle an easy TCG like this, you really have no hope for anything more complex.
Reply Quote
Sar, as usual, don't care for the response.

Rogoth, I play at rank5, so it's not like I need a tutorial.

And the fact that mage is using a stupid gameplay is true no matter CAPS or not.

hf playing as mages.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/29/2013 03:04 AMPosted by CeaRshaf
Sar, as usual, don't care for the response.

Rogoth, I play at rank5, so it's not like I need a tutorial.

And the fact that mage is using a stupid gameplay is true no matter CAPS or not.

hf playing as mages.

If you're at rank 5, I find it unlikely you'd be seeing enough mages to care.
Reply Quote
its true... every mage deck and strat is the same...

u can just write a bot to play a mage deck.... fap for a few hours... then come back and be rank 5
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/29/2013 03:36 AMPosted by HaPpY

u can just write a bot to play a mage deck.... fap for a few hours... then come back and be rank 5

Go do it then.I'd wager that you can't do it.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 03:38 AMPosted by Sar

Go do it then.I'd wager that you can't do it.

Btw he is right, mage's gameplay is very similar. This thread is not about a bots or something, but about the gameplay. And he is right. You - not.
Reply Quote
You can't tell people to do something that is less effective than what they're already doing. That's just how people are in general.

Sure, each situation may be similar to eachother, but what works, works. It's called adapting.

Let's say we take away the Mage Class entirely. After 1 month of gaming you will come back to the forums complaining that something else is complex and needs to be nerfed or removed.

This is never going to end, and you know it. It's a TCG still in Beta. Anything could happen sooner or later.

Be patient; and learn how to work around it.
Reply Quote
Trust me at the higher ranks warlocks regardless what style aggro deck they run both try to open and finish the same way. Regardless of what type of druid you run into they both try to open and finish the same way. Regardless of what type of rogue you run into they both try to open and finish the same way. Regardless of what type of Paladin you run into they both try to open and finish the same way.

See what I did there? Regardless of what deck archetype of a deck your opponent plays you know exactly how they will try to open with and how they will try to finish you off with. I mean maybe thats the difference between a rank 3 or a rank 13 is you know exactly how the opponent will try to play his cards, I mean sometimes when I play long sessions the games start to merge together and I forget my current opponents spell count because people at higher levels will play exactly the same way.

I am sorry this is how mages play out but honestly I don't want to sound mean but this is a learn to play issue and when you see a mage know he will try to stall out the game to pyro you in the face.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/29/2013 08:24 AMPosted by CeaRshaf
I somehow doubt this whining kid is playing at rank 5. I think he forgot to add the "2" in front of it there. The funny thing is, if this idiot really does encounter mages "doing the same !@#$" over and over again, he should have worked out how to counter it by now. Slow learner?

So no one at higher ranks can whine because you idiot will think he is a noob, because you know, only noobs talk about imbalance not people who HAVE A FUKING CLUE ABOUT THE GAME.

Go fk yourself and use that hamster brain of yours and think what people post before judging them.

And yeah, there aren't many mages but that doesn't mean they are not all playing a stupid style that is worth mentioning.

For the record, I was rank 3 a week ago playing a mage deck (been too busy with workload and the holidays to try any further; not sure if I'd go up or down at this point). So it's definitely still possible to advance in rank as a mage. There's two points I'd like to make though:
1) I can guarantee all the people complaining about how easy mage is CAN'T get to rank 5 with it. I like the class, but it's not as straight-forward as it seems anymore.
2) I'm skeptical that you're actually rank 5 if you claim to be seeing mage all the times because i PROMISE you at these upper ranks that mage is a relatively rare occurence. They're more common at the lower ranks, which leads me to believe you're a liar about being rank 5 if you say you keep seeing them all the time.

By the way, I know you're mad, but for your own sake, please remove the vulgarity from your post before you get in trouble for it; you must be aware it's against forum rules.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Sar

So no one at higher ranks can whine because you idiot will think he is a noob, because you know, only noobs talk about imbalance not people who HAVE A FUKING CLUE ABOUT THE GAME.

Go fk yourself and use that hamster brain of yours and think what people post before judging them.

And yeah, there aren't many mages but that doesn't mean they are not all playing a stupid style that is worth mentioning.

For the record, I was rank 3 a week ago playing a mage deck (been too busy with workload and the holidays to try any further; not sure if I'd go up or down at this point). So it's definitely still possible to advance in rank as a mage. There's two points I'd like to make though:
1) I can guarantee all the people complaining about how easy mage is CAN'T get to rank 5 with it. I like the class, but it's not as straight-forward as it seems anymore.
2) I'm skeptical that you're actually rank 5 if you claim to be seeing mage all the times because i PROMISE you at these upper ranks that mage is a relatively rare occurence. They're more common at the lower ranks, which leads me to believe you're a liar about being rank 5 if you say you keep seeing them all the time.

By the way, I know you're mad, but for your own sake, please remove the vulgarity from your post before you get in trouble for it; you must be aware it's against forum rules.

I think it's pretty clear in my post that I do not encounter many mages so you can leave your skepticism at home Sherlock and please, do not worry for my forum situation.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
I somehow doubt this whining kid is playing at rank 5. I think he forgot to add the "2" in front of it there. The funny thing is, if this idiot really does encounter mages "doing the same !@#$" over and over again, he should have worked out how to counter it by now. Slow learner?

u whine more about others struggling with this game than anyone i have ever met.

u offer no constructive advice and and seem to fancy yourself as being better than others.

u r the most annoying person on the forums.

how is it so hard to be considerate and empathetic?
"yeah i used to have trouble dealing with that stuff, so i started dealing with it like this, hope it helps u bud. :D"

but no u gotta spew diarrhea out ur mouth every chance u get .
u sir are not great or ever good let alone better than anyone else

fo guck ur self

For the record, I myself try to help people who come into the mage forum having trouble facing them, and I'd say about 1/3 of the people actually take the criticism constructively (though admittedly it's possible that more actually do and just aren't vocal about it). About 2/3 of the people who are told how to play against class X (in the case of this forum mage, but you'll actually see it in all forums) go on a QQ spree about how the class is overpowered, can't be beaten, and only newbs play it or whatever. Even in this thread, a link to a topic on how to counter mages was responded to the OP with "don't care". And that is the annoying thing you see over and over in the forums, and exactly accurate; newbs don't care how to play well, they just want the way they're already playing to win them games instead of learning how to play the game well.

If you want to talk about diarrhea spewing from the mouth, you should see the endless posts in every forum about people complaining classes can't be beaten when even the best classes are getting 55% win rates right now.
Edited by Sar on 12/29/2013 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Sar
About 2/3 of the people who are told how to play against class X (in the case of this forum mage, but you'll actually see it in all forums) go on a QQ spree about how the class is overpowered, can't be beaten, and only newbs play it or whatever. Even in this thread, a link to a topic on how to counter mages was responded to the OP with "don't care". And that is the annoying thing you see over and over in the forums, and exactly accurate; newbs don't care how to play well, they just want the way they're already playing to win them games instead of learning how to play the game well.

Please note: Off-topic

I don't want to be "that guy" but personally this attitude was developed by Blizzard from Wow. I am sure a vast majority of people playing this game are from wow yet Blizzard taught the vast majority of people in this game from Wrath on its "ok to be bad, we'll just cater to you" in unique ways from raid level badge gear to LFR nearly impossible to wipe to homogenization of classes/specs to ease of accessibility changes. Instead of trying to empower people to learn to get better Blizzard actually lowered the bar, eventually to a state of the game where people can't even do LFR without having to perform a 3-4 stack count of wipes in the current tier. The problem is in the current ranking system in Hearthstone there are actual winners and loser and to get the best "shiny" awards at the end they have to be a winner, there are no determination stacks that will eventually give you a win. Yet the people who come in and whine think they are "winners" and because they can't "win" it must be the class is broken. Quite simple its the Dunning–Kruger effect in action right now.
Edited by Akris on 12/29/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Sar

u whine more about others struggling with this game than anyone i have ever met.

u offer no constructive advice and and seem to fancy yourself as being better than others.

u r the most annoying person on the forums.

how is it so hard to be considerate and empathetic?
"yeah i used to have trouble dealing with that stuff, so i started dealing with it like this, hope it helps u bud. :D"

but no u gotta spew diarrhea out ur mouth every chance u get .
u sir are not great or ever good let alone better than anyone else

fo guck ur self

For the record, I myself try to help people who come into the mage forum having trouble facing them, and I'd say about 1/3 of the people actually take the criticism constructively (though admittedly it's possible that more actually do and just aren't vocal about it). About 2/3 of the people who are told how to play against class X (in the case of this forum mage, but you'll actually see it in all forums) go on a QQ spree about how the class is overpowered, can't be beaten, and only newbs play it or whatever. Even in this thread, a link to a topic on how to counter mages was responded to the OP with "don't care". And that is the annoying thing you see over and over in the forums, and exactly accurate; newbs don't care how to play well, they just want the way they're already playing to win them games instead of learning how to play the game well.

If you want to talk about diarrhea spewing from the mouth, you should see the endless posts in every forum about people complaining classes can't be beaten when even the best classes are getting 55% win rates right now.

making fun of those who struggle never helps

the person i was responding to only trolls those he is "better" than, that a$$ never gives any advice.

imo he is only fueling problems, i cant stand him.
Reply Quote
u pist bra?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]