My jimmies are rustlet a bit... again..

So if i drop below 20hp againts mage and i dont have any heals its over?
or am i missing something here?
Reply Quote
LOL
Reply Quote
-Not all Mages have 2 Pyroblasts, or even 1

-Learn to keep the mage so occupied with clears they won't have the spare mana to blast you twice

-Learn to play in general?
Reply Quote
yes.....yes it is over... I do enjoy when players use Abomination at the wrong time and it ends up costing them the game. NEVER underestimate 2 dmg late game.
Reply Quote
You know its over against a mage if they survive till turn 7 or you find out they have played an ice block.
Reply Quote
My problem whit mages is the control they have freeze,flame strikes and otherstuff.
What im asking is there any counter to this or do i just have to RNG and hope for the best?
Reply Quote
The worst thing you can do to a mage is heal. They rely on true dmg way too often and can't account in if you heal for about 15 in a game. They have to play catch up and by then your in control of the board.

If you cannot heal run armor (warrior, druid). The main thing here is to expect their spells given the turn (check their mana.) If they don't have board control by turn 5 they will use CC to control. If they have board control they will begin the onslaught of true dmg using spells. So gauge accordingly.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Viruel
My problem whit mages is the control they have freeze,flame strikes and otherstuff.
What im asking is there any counter to this or do i just have to RNG and hope for the best?

You can counter mass removal/AoE just by not spamming minions. If you expect AoE, keep just as many minions on the board as needed to pressure the opponent and not one more. This way you should have some critters in hand for after the flamestrike comes.
Reply Quote
Well thanks for the advice.
I try to not get my jimmies rustlet while im trying these new tactics i just learned!
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/02/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Viruel
So if i drop below 20hp againts mage and i dont have any heals its over?
or am i missing something here?

Read this. http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10973087435

Some of the advice about needing a lot of healing is wrong. Healing is the counter to direct damage, but I see people in this thread seeing things like "Well, if you can't heal for 20 don't even bother." That's not true; just because a mage has direct damage in their deck doesn't mean they've automatically drawn it when there's still 20 cards left in their deck. Obviously the longer the game draws on the more of their direct damage they're going to draw, but presumably the longer the game goes on, if they're wasting direct damage on your hero, you should be accruing an increasingly strong board position to pressure them. Anyway, excluding Ice Lance (which some mages run and some don't), mages have a total of 38 direct damage + their hero power at their disposal; particularly in longer games, some of this direct damage is going to be needed to control the board. This means that, particularly in shorter games (not rush, but like 10 turn games), even a relatively small amount of healing can prevent them from getting fatal damage.
Reply Quote
My jimmies are rustlet a bit... again..

Wha....uh....I....
What does this mean?!?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]