Rank 4 Budget Warrior Deck (CC=1200)

DECK EDIT: 1x -> loot hoarder = 1x spellbreaker

Hello, this is my christmas present to the Hearthstone community :D.
2x (1) Abusive Sergent
2x (1) Argent Squire
2x (2) Fiery War Axe
2x (2) Knife Jungler
1x (2) Loot Hoarder
2x (2) Mad Bomber
2x (2) Novice Engineer
2x (3) Wolfrider
2x (3) Arcane Golem
2x (3) Warsong Commander
2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
2x (4) Defender of Argus
2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
1x (4) Spellbreaker
2x (4) Stormwind Knight
2x (6) Argent Commander

Games are fast, and I usually win :D
Best feelings ever.

Obvious expensive replacements:

Argent Commander 1x -> tinkmaster (combos well with your 1 drops/weakens druids.)
Argent Commander 1x -> Leeroy Jenkins (the best charger in the game t.t)

Reasoning:

1.) Stormwind Knight is too good against druids/shamans/paladins in this meta to be replaced now.
2.) You need the 3 drops for late game otk/top deck wins. They also scale better in the match up.
3.) Korkron is my favorite card in the warrior decklist. I haven't done the math on korkon vs argent, but I think korkron would come out ahead.

Have a great holiday :D

Edit: forgot to add the knife junglers in the deck list (I counted it's cc though).
Edit 2: Loot hoarders are just bad. :D
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/27/2013 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
The deck is good and I've been using it with success, and yet...

The warsong commanders are very redundant, I would replace them with clerics. But in that case why even play a warrior? Only 2 class cards. It might be better to play a mage and get fireballs and freezes or something.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 09:45 PMPosted by mimloopen
The deck is good and I've been using it with success, and yet...

The warsong commanders are very redundant, I would replace them with clerics. But in that case why even play a warrior? Only 2 class cards. It might be better to play a mage and get fireballs and freezes or something.

The reason that warsong commanders are here is because they're imba as hell. They turn knife junglers/loot hoarders/mad bomber/abusive sergeants into late game finishers (turn 6/7 is late game with this deck) instead of just weak early game creatures.Other classes don't have that level of card versatility.

The weakest warrior card in the deck is korkron elite by far. There's a lot of 4 drops in this deck, and as a result, there are many games you can't play anything for two turns and its all frustrating as hell.

Regarding making this deck for other classes:

I rarely, if ever use the hero ability (unless dodging spells/bad rng/surviving pyros on turn 8 etc.). If you do, however, find a class that has a more efficient mana curve than the 6 cards that warrior has in this deck, I'd like to hear about it :D
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/24/2013 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Your deck is for sure better then mostly enrage decks.

Or i dont get it how to play enrage decks, built my own similar to other top ranked guys with
War axe, Warsong Commander, amani berserker, raging worgen etc...
The main problem of this decks, that my opp just remove my enrage minions every turn with spells etc... so i cant put a nice combo with it.
How they manage to put 3-4 minions on a deck, without being removed with cheap spells ?
Reply Quote
I'm experimenting with this as a hunter deck as the hero power goes pretty well for helping to finish people off. The class cards are replaced by:

2x shattered sun cleric
2x tracking (to help early on)
2x animal companion (just an awesome card in general)

... but i think this one is better. Lol.
Reply Quote
warsong commander won't stay on the field for even a turn against a good player in 99% of the games, 1% being him having horrible cards to play.

why stormwind knights in place of, for example, nightblade?

why squires in place of leper gnome?
Edited by Qlimax on 12/26/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Qlimax
warsong commander won't stay on the field for even a turn against a good player in 99% of the games, 1% being him having horrible cards to play.

Warsong commander is the 2nd best 3 drop in the game (after tinkmaster). Why wouldn't you play it? If the opponent lets it live, and you drop it turn 3 it's basically a free win.

12/26/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Qlimax
why stormwind knights in place of, for example, nightblade?

Stormwind knight is really good removal, avoids swipes against druids, trades favorable against DoTC/Golems etc. The 5 toughness is the most amazing thing on earth.

Nightblade is a great replacement for any of the rares (specifically argent commander) to cheapen the deck.

why squires in place of leper gnome?

squires don't die instantly. It generally takes 2 actions to kill them (exception--Earth shock).

It's a really crap card a lot of the times, but it's also really good too. :D

The deck isn't going to win you 90% of games against other decks. It's really draw dependent and there's a lot of luck involved each game. But it should be a decent match up against any class (including druid) and there a lot more tough decisions than with the warlock deck.
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/26/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not looking for an OP deck nor I want to win 90% of the games. I play warrior too and I didn't understand some things I saw in this decklist, that's why I'm posting.

I really do not agree about a 2/3 with no immediate effect being the second best 3 drop in the game. It has the same exact effect of a raging worgen: get killed by a 2 drop, eat a removal or get hexed on opponent's turn. Nothing else. Half the creatures you use have already got charge, so it doesn't even synergyze.

Stormwind knight is really good removal, avoids swipes against druids, trades favorable against DoTC/Golems etc. The 5 toughness is the most amazing thing on earth.

How is it a removal with 2 atk? 5 toughness is good, still you don't play a card because it survives enemy removals, but because it actually does something for you. Trading well vs arcane golems justifies it? In my opinion, no. Also i don't know how you see it trading favorably vs druid of the claw.

12/26/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Vaporaction
It's a really crap card a lot of the times, but it's also really good too.

k...
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Qlimax
I really do not agree about a 2/3 with no immediate effect being the second best 3 drop in the game. It has the same exact effect of a raging worgen: get killed by a 2 drop, eat a removal or get hexed on opponent's turn. Nothing else. Half the creatures you use have already got charge, so it doesn't even synergyze.

It synergizes with the other half that don't have charge. I mean none of the creatures have a mana cost of 7. So what are you going to do late game when you have 7 mana in and two creatures without charge in your hand (i.e. sergeants/bombers/junglers)? This is the only card that lets you do things.

How is it a removal with 2 atk? 5 toughness is good, still you don't play a card because it survives enemy removals, but because it actually does something for you. Trading well vs arcane golems justifies it? In my opinion, no. Also i don't know how you see it trading favorably vs druid of the claw.

Edit: The other cards buff the 2 dmg so the card often does more than that (jungler/darkiron/sergant/argus)

1. Not arcane golems. Harvest golems...
2. It can do 2 dmg to DoTC while still surviving. It's the only card in this deck (exception of argus commander/buffed dark iron dwarf) that can deal damage and survive against DoTC.
3. In my opinion surviving removal is quite enough. It's one of only three 4 drops available (the other being yeti/sen jin) in the game that can survive removal and be useful for another turn.

However, imo it's even better than the yeti because it has fantastic late game utility too. The card can do 2 damage immediately when you top deck it (unlike the yeti which needs another turn).

k...

Well it's an argent squire. What can really be said about it? If you draw it late game, it sucks. If you draw it early game it's the best card in the world.
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/26/2013 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm a bit depressed concerning this deck. It's a fun deck, but.....it gains almost nothing by being run as a Warrior. Warsong Commander is most of the time redundant, over 30 or so games I haven't had the Commander influence a match. The elites are fun, but they don't noticably boost the deck, I don't feel like I win or lose based on their performance. And other classes have better removal than the Axes.

I'm seeing rogues, mages, paladins, warlocks, and priests run similar decks and run them better because their classes have better contributions than the above 3 cards.

As for my changes, I added some owls and a spellbreaker to get around the Argus Defenders that almost every deck is running now(at least at my rank, which is 11). The silences definitely win games for me, but outside of maybe landing a Leroy Jenkins I'm not sure where to take this deck, unless it's to another class.
Edited by FartLord on 12/26/2013 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
This build is complete crap
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Incinerate

Though I agree it might help to say why... >_>
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Incinerate

It's not complete crap. It's built well for the most part, and you see a lot of these types of builds across different classes in ranked play because they do work.

I've continued tweaking this build a little bit to reflect what I'm seeing in ranked. I use only 1x Warsong and 1x Arcane golemn now, and added a couple of cleaves to help me wade through all the aggro decks I'm running into. I added 2x owls and 1x spellbreaker, and I also removed the Abusive Sergeants for some Leper Gnomes, as they are better turn-1 plays and their bonus damage is more consistent throughout all stages of the game.

I've climbed to rank 9 so far. Will keep at it and see how much further this deck will take me.
Reply Quote
It's not complete crap. It's built well for the most part, and you see a lot of these types of builds across different classes in ranked play because they do work.

Yeah I'm really surprised so many people are struggling with playing it.

I almost hit rank 2 (was a win away) yesterday with this deck lol.
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaporaction
Yeah I'm really surprised so many people are struggling with playing it.

I almost hit rank 2 (was a win away) yesterday with this deck lol.

1 hour later I am now a black knight =D
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/28/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
rank 1 ^_^
Reply Quote
What good starting hands and strategies around card collection do you suggest? This deck is as powerful as cheap, and it got me interested.
Reply Quote
What's your mulligan strategy?

I'll give this a serious shot. The Korkron's might go, but I'll try it with them for a while.
Edited by Mario on 12/30/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
So I screwed around with this deck and I'm like 6-7 with it. Not seeing how you got so high rank with it unless you got a lucky win streak or something or maybe I just got bad starting hands or something. I'll give it a few more tries but not seeing it.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Mario
What's your mulligan strategy?

Depends a lot on class and if I know their deck. In general,

Against Rogue (going second)--> I mully everything that isn't an argent squire/fiery war axe.

Against Rogue (going first) -> I keep all 1 drops + fiery war axe.

Against Warlock -> I mully everything that isn't a fiery war axe/mad bomber.

Against Druid -> I mully everything that is over 2 mana

Against Shaman + Paladin -> I mully everything that isn't a knife juggler/fiery war axe.

Against Mirror -> I mully everything that isn't a knife juggler/argent squire

Against Hunter -> I mully everything that isn't an argent squire/warsong commander

Against Mage -> I mully all 1 toughness cards and everything else that is over 2 mana.

I tried some experimentation with the deck and tried using wolves over the loot hoarders/spell breaker. It's scary how amazingly useful the card draw is from loot hoarders can be late game. It's a potential 4 dmg whack to their face each time they play a swipe or consecrate to clear your board.

I did recently lose rank 1 (literally 2 wins away from getting legendary with this deck ):) and plummeted back down to rank ~4. To be honest, I was and still am playing like total garbage, though (played against the same rogue for like 10 matches and lost every single %)#*$)*#$(*@)($ game vs him). I WAS SO CLOSE YOU JERK DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS!?!?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]