Rank 4 Budget Warrior Deck (CC=1200)

12/30/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Vaporaction
I tried some experimentation with the deck and tried using wolves over the loot hoarders/spell breaker. It's scary how amazingly useful the card draw is from loot hoarders can be late game. It's a potential 4 dmg whack to their face each time they play a swipe or consecrate to clear your board.
I find this part highly unclear. Please elaborate?
Reply Quote
I tried some experimentation with the deck and tried using wolves over the loot hoarders/spell breaker. It's scary how amazingly useful the card draw is from loot hoarders can be late game. It's a potential 4 dmg whack to their face each time they play a swipe or consecrate to clear your board.
I find this part highly unclear. Please elaborate?

I imagine he means that the draw due to incidentally swiping a loot hoarder might give you a korkron.

Generally speaking, I think draw is key on a warrior--we have so little of it. That's why I think Razor's use of auctioneers is super slick.
Edited by Mario on 12/30/2013 10:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Mario
I imagine he means that the draw due to incidentally swiping a loot hoarder might give you a korkron.

That's exactly what I mean :D but its not just korkron. There's a lot of good cards that synergize well with the hoarder.

Anyways what I'm trying to get at, is that (after I did some maths) is in basically every situation, loot hoarders is a more effective card than the wolf. I was just really surprised at this, even though it may appear to be obvious to others.
Reply Quote
Am currently running this deck with a high win rate but made following modifications:
- Added Gorehowl instead of spellbreaker (Minion removal and OTK ability)
- Added Leper gnome instead of argent squire (more guaranteed damage)
- Added Sylvanas instead of one Kor'kron Elite (still doubting if it shouldn't be with stormwind knight)
- Still running 2x Loot horders as I still need to get second Knife Juggler (but is it worth itas card draw isn't to be underestimated?)

As I don't have Acrane Golem and don't intend on getting it because giving your opponent a mana crystal doesn't sit right with me I switched it for Harvest Golem however I am still wondering if the frothing beserker wouldn't be a better card. Any thoughts?
Edited by Patriot on 1/3/2014 3:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 03:04 AMPosted by Patriot
- Still running 2x Loot horders as I still need to get second Knife Juggler (but is it worth itas card draw isn't to be underestimated?)

As I don't have Acrane Golem and don't intend on getting it because giving your opponent a mana crystal doesn't sit right with me I switched it for Harvest Golem however I am still wondering if the frothing beserker wouldn't be a better card. Any thoughts?

Haven't played the deck in a week, but from memory I can tell you:
1. Frothing is a horrible card that looks good on paper.
2. Arcane Golem is the most underrated card in the game currently. You can stack them in your hand and do 10-15 damage out of nowhere. Moreover, your opponent rarely suspects warriors to play them.
3. Knife Jugglers are good because they basically play out as a 4/2 for 2 mana
4. Leper gnomes are better against some match ups (druids/hunter/warlock). Argent squires are better against other match ups (rogues/paladins/mage).

It's a trade off.
Reply Quote
1) Played frothing beserker for a while and can concur that it gets targeted by insta kills rather hard while harvest golem does give some more value. Usually a two for one trade.
2) I will try an arcane golem but indeed I only see it valuable when you stack them (as your opponent has enough mana at that point anyway) however what is the added value compared to a korkron elite at that point ...
3) Still contemplating the second Knife Juggler as the second loot horder does provide some much needed card draw in this deck however the one health makes it a redundant card versus many classes. I do follow you that the Knife Jugglers are good value.
4) Correct.

Any other (more expensive/non budget) cards that you would consider for this deck.
Like for instance Leeroy Jenkins?
Edited by Patriot on 1/5/2014 4:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, i am using this deck now, and i just dropped 2 ranks, 14 to 16. I just dont see what can i do against mages and murlocklocks.

And i am pissed of because i cant see a way to play warrior, this class is just crap.
Edited by Garthrog on 1/9/2014 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, i got back to rank 13 now, but i feel like against spell heave decks, i do not have a lot of chance.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 01:43 AMPosted by ZlDez
Your deck is for sure better then mostly enrage decks.

Or i dont get it how to play enrage decks, built my own similar to other top ranked guys with
War axe, Warsong Commander, amani berserker, raging worgen etc...
The main problem of this decks, that my opp just remove my enrage minions every turn with spells etc... so i cant put a nice combo with it.
How they manage to put 3-4 minions on a deck, without being removed with cheap spells ?

I recently started playing so I've little in the way of cards, and even less in the way of knowledge about card games, but the great thing about the changes to warsong commander (if they're are any) is that Raging Worgen and Anami Berzerker are both </= 3 attack, so you can warsong > berzerker > cruel taskmaster and swing for 5 instantly, or warsong > worgen > taskmaster and hit for 12.
8,1 Worgens with WF are how I tend to win many of my games in ranked with my warrior decks
Reply Quote
Dat necro.
Reply Quote
Are there any good guides for building decks? An overall stats guide on cards used in warrior decks would be the best thing for me, so I can see what people commonly play before I start building my own style of Warrior.

Wish you guys could see the cards I have, would be easier to get recommendations.

I'm not completely noob, nor have I punched into the higher tiers of play. I'm usually Ranked 13-14, for the last 2 seasons I been Priest mostly, getting tired of that sort of style and wanted to adopt a more aggressive way of playing.

Any help would be great,

Heh, my thanks
Reply Quote
Do we seriously need the Korkron elite? I'm tempted to throw in another spellbreaker then add a good 5-drop like, I dunno, Argent Champion? At least the squire gets Charge off WSC.
Reply Quote
>Complete !@#$ deck, 90% of scrubs run murlocs and 32149082093847 taunt cards, cant do %^-* vs them
Reply Quote
If I have an Arcane Golem should I load it up?
Reply Quote
Ya I've tried this a couple of times and It's not great. I get the feeling a lot of the success stories had some really perfect drawing backing them but you can't count on that. I get the idea but at least right now with the current meta I feel It's pretty weak. When I think about playing against it with ALL of my other decks I'm not concerned in the least.
Edited by Sector2814 on 7/12/2014 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]