Rank 12 Shaman Deck/ Requesting Advice

Hey there, don't post too often but I'm having a little bit of trouble touching up this deck. My winrate is extremely good with it so I'm happy with it as is, but sometimes I feel like there are a few cards that would really polish it off and some that are lackluster.

Current Deck:

1x Earth Shock
2x Forked Lightning
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Stormforged Ace
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Flametongue Totem
1x Wild Pyromancer
2x Novice Engineer
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
1x Lightning Storm
1x Unbound Elemental
2x Defender of Argus
1x Leeroy Jenkins
1x Doomhammer
1x Earth Elemental
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
2x Fire Elemental
1x Alexstraza
1x Ysera

I'm trying to add in another lightning storm, and considering, as well as removing the wild pyromancer for either a geomancer/azure drake/ dalaran. I'm also considering taking out one or both of the novice engineers but the deck doesn't have a ton of drawpower as it is so I'm hesitant to do something like that, and they do provide decent early game meatshield potential.

I've considered removing the Windrunner because it really isn't as powerful as people seem to think, it's very simple to play around for anyone with half a brain, and I've also considered removing Alexstraza but I feel it's extremely potent in that it offers great healing if you're down (which Shaman's seriously lack) as well as an 8/8. Ysera is basically required for drawpower.

Besides that, I've also considered taking out the Unbound Elemental in favour of something like the aforementioned spell damage +1 cards like Azure Drake. I've also looked at removing doomhammer/rockbiter weapons since they don't seem too useful but when combod together the finisher they provide is insane (or leeroy+double rockbiter).

As I'm only rank 12, I'm obviously not great at the game (max rank was 8 but that was with a war-mur rush deck which felt like cheap wins so I stopped using it), so any advice would be wonderful, or if anyone needs my advice I'm willing to offer that as well.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Ralph
I've also looked at removing doomhammer/rockbiter weapons since they don't seem too useful

It's all how you use it.
I've been loving my hammer-shammy deck for the last few days. It's basically total board control with spells and swing away with my hammer.

As for your deck, it seems a little fruit salad to me. Too much of everything.
I would chose a focus that you prefer and build towards that.
It seems like you enjoy surprising your opponent with crazy creatures. I would drop sylvanus like you said and replace her with another earth elemental. With the kind of control available to you, the board shouldn't ever have a lot of stuff to steal anyway.
Reply Quote
With the cards that you have available you can do way better than rank 12.

Looking at your deck I'm thinking that you try to control early game and rush your opponent later with Alexstrasza and Leeroy. Doomhammer and Rockbiter Weapon is 10 damage in one turn for 6 mana.

Sylvanas Windrunner and Ysera probably are not good for such a strategy. Get a second Earth Elemental and keep the Defenders, as you might need to stall your opponent through mid game. Unbound Elementals are good to attract removals as they can get out of control.

Let's us know how things turn out, it sounds interesting.
Reply Quote
What a terrible deck, I only run Sylvanis and made it to rank 5 and then quit trying to climb.
Reply Quote
If you are concerned about draw power I would highly recommend getting a couple of mana tide totems in there. They are multi purpose... You get one card for certain and the card may as well have taunt. I personally play two and it almost always trades with a spell of some sort unless you play it naked. (Which sometimes is what you need and is fine in certain circumstances.)
Reply Quote
Based off of help from someone who saw the topic and messaged me (thanks!) as well as some of my own tinkering I've updated it to this:

2x Ancestral Healing
1x Earth Shock
2x Forked Lightning
1x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Stormforged Axe
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
1x Flametongue Totem
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
2x Lightning Storm
2x Injured Blademaster
1x Mana Tide Totem
1x Unbound Elemental
1x Defender of Argus
1x Leeroy Jenkins
1x Doomhammer
2x Earth Elemental
2x Fire Elemental
1x Alexstraza
1x Ysera

Still tinkering a bit to make it a bit more well rounded but I'm going to try this out for now.
Reply Quote
Check out this guys show "Master Class". He only runs shaman. Can learn a lot via the show and watching him play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cnegrin?feature=watch

You probably won't be able to get one "Well Rounded" deck. So you may need to focus on what you want to beat, and accept that you may lose to some other types of decks. I went all Anti-Rush since I hate Warlocks and Rogues, and it does really well versus that style of deck, Now I lose to other Shaman and Druids.
Edited by Stormkiss on 1/2/2014 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]