hearthstone wont start FIX READ HERE.

Ok after waiting for a week sending multiple tickets and many posts on NA and EU forums, I got no reply from anyone.

But do not fear! For people with errors

BLZBNTBGS80000022 and BLZBNTBGS8000000A (3014)

I know this 100% works.

Since it's to do with compatibility and nothing to do with what the errors say, I'm guessing it's going to work for other/different problems.

SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE THOSE ERRORS STILL TRY IT!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First go to your desktop right click hearthstone icon "Open file location"

Right click "Hearthstone Beta Launcher" > Properties > Compatibility > Check run this program in compatibility mode for "Windows XP (Service Pack 3) > Apply and OK.

Next you must do the same for "Hearthstone" Located underneath the beta launcher.

Remember you must do it to both of them or it will not work.

Hope this helped!
Edited by Whoay on 1/1/2014 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
O _ O

Amazing. At first you wouldn't think that this would work, but even if you get directed to the webpage where they make you "think" it's a registry error it's NOT.

This really works and I just confirmed it because I not only just downloaded and installed this game an HOUR AGO, but I even got past all the beginning quest areas so I could build my own deck and then it died on me with the *BLZBNTBGS8000000A (3014)* error.

SO thanks A TON!

Btw blizz I've come back after the last 2 years and I've got to say there's been quite some impressive improvement in D3 so far and HEARTHSTONE SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF FUN LATELY.

Though completely NOT a fan of the moba idea you guys have, it's a waste of the blend of characters and potential they'd really have if it were an open action based game, like similar to either a blockbuster 3rd person fighting game or a "Super Smash Bros." type of game.

Anything would've been 10x better than that lousy moba idea and I care not what others think of it either cause I know I'm not the only one who feels the same.
Reply Quote
Thanks a ton, this actually worked for me as well! I was getting the BLZBNTBGS8000000A version of the error.
Edited by Trickster74 on 3/27/2014 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just tried this, and it's still not working. I'm using an administrator account, I've switched both the beta launcher and the non-beta launcher to Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility just like the OP said. I dunno, it's just still giving me the same error.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]