Need help with deck, went from 13 to 19

Hey all, I have been in the beta for a really long time but just started playing a lot a few days ago after I kinda started getting bored of LoL. Over the course of 2 or 3 days i went from 25 to 13 and fluxuated between 13 and 14 for about a full day... Now after about the last 2 days i have gone all the way back up to lvl 19 and I dont understand why I am losing so much suddenly, in fact out of the about 8 games I have played this morning, I haven't won a single match.

I will say I am against paying to win so my card variety isn't amazing, but I do have a few good cards. I have switched a few cards in and out trying to tune it but I just feel like I am getting worse. I will post my cards I currently have equipped and I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some constructive criticism. Thanks. (The 2 legendaries I list in my deck are the only two I have)

arcane missiles x2
mirror image
ice lance
mana wyrm
frostbolt
fairie dragon
knife juggler
kobold geomancer
novice engineer
sorcerer's apprentice x2
arcane intellect x2
counterspell
ice block
vaporize
kirin tor mage (since i have 3 secrets)
shattered sun cleric
cone of cold
fireball x2
polymorph x2
venture co. mercenary
blizzard
gelbin mekkatorque
flamestrike
pyroblast
alexstraza
Reply Quote
Take out Gelbin. It's a funny card but not good at all in ranked play since it helps your opponent out more often than not.
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Octavian
Take out Gelbin. It's a funny card but not good at all in ranked play since it helps your opponent out more often than not.

Thanks for the tip. I have taken him out and put him back in multiple times because I couldn't decide. Any suggestions on what to replace it with? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Too many cards you're only running 1 of that should be doubled up on. Ice Lance and Frostbolt are 2 perfect examples of this. With only 1 of each, the odds that you draw the combo is pretty low. With 2 of each, you'll be able to get off the combo a lot more often.

Next, not enough card draw. If you're forced to burn through cards fast, you put yourself in a topdeck situation really fast.
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Silke
Too many cards you're only running 1 of that should be doubled up on. Ice Lance and Frostbolt are 2 perfect examples of this. With only 1 of each, the odds that you draw the combo is pretty low. With 2 of each, you'll be able to get off the combo a lot more often.

Next, not enough card draw. If you're forced to burn through cards fast, you put yourself in a topdeck situation really fast.

Thanks for pointing that out. Appreciate that very much. Anyone else have any input for me? Thanks!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]