Is this deck any good?

Hey guys,

I am currently playing my paladin as a control pally.

Would be great if you could give me some adjustments to the following deck:

(X) = Mana Costs
BOLD = Paladin Cards
* = Legendary Cards

(1) None
(2) Fearie Dragon x 2
(2) Equality x 2
(2) Wild Pyromancer x 2
(2) Holy Light
(3) * Tinkmaster Overspark
(3) Earthen Ring Farseer x 2
(3) Aldor Peacekeeper x 2
(3) Big Game Hunter
(4) Consecration x 2
(4) Truesilver Champion x 2
(4) Hammer of Wrath x 2

(5) Abomination
(5) Faceless Manipulator
(5) * Sylvanas Windrunner
(6) Avenging Wrath x 2
(6) * The Black Knight
(7) Guardian of Kings x 2
(8) * Ragnaros
(8) * Tirion Fordring
(8) Lay on Hands

What cards would you suggest to be changed? I thought about taking 1 Earthen Ring Farseer and replacing it with 1 Wolfrider.

Currently Rank 7,5

Please, do not make this a thread of big discussions. Don't want to sound cocky, but I rather need opinions and suggestions from rank 5+ players (on average). If you aren't Rank 5 but you did your theory crafting, please insert your comment below :-P

Thank you very much in advance.

Fate
Edited by Fate on 1/4/2014 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was rank 5 or above until I reached level 60 and then decided to try to make hunters work. Lets just say I didn't have the best of luck with that, so I might be lower than your request. I know my paladin through. Hope that is good enough for you.

My first thought is: What do you need all that healing for? Yes mages are out there, but they are wounded and focuses much more on creatures these days. You don't play any minions with high enough health to warrant going to "offensive healing". There seems to be an overboard of that.

My second thought: Where the F is Sword of Justice? The value in that sword is amazing. I don't think I have seen any serious paladin deck in a while that doesn't use it.

Now for some of the cards I would have second thoughts about using:

Hammer of Wrath: This is a card whose utility changes a lot with the meta. You got to understand that it is rather slow. 3 damage for 4 mana is terrible field value. Yes it is "free" 3 damage but the momentum you lose from the poor mana trade can be lethal. You really got to feel this one with the tongue on what you are facing.

Lots of Slow Druid Control: Great! Awesome card.
Lots of Rush Warlocks: You will die, Horribly. Due to this card.

Avenging Wrath: I got a bit of a love-hate relationship with this card... No screw that I just actually hate it. I will still respect any paladin who uses it but I myself have been screwed over by it one too many times. I would always pick Argent Commander over this as a 6 drop. Reliability over muscles any day.

So yea, there is some cards to look at.
Edited by Sumadin on 1/4/2014 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Sumadin
My first thought is: What do you need all that healing for? Yes mages are out there, but they are wounded and focuses much more on creatures these days. You don't play any minions with high enough health to warrant going to "offensive healing". There seems to be an overboard of that.

Not quite. I played like 5 matches in a row against mages and they only went for the face. I was quite unlucky too, that I didn't draw my heals in time. Always dead at round 8. They put up their Ice Blocks and do 20+ damage plus some one- and two drops.

There is no class atm that is easier to be played than mages.

How would you build your deck? I had a look at Trump's paladin deck. That is quite interesting as well. Yet not that controlling. To be found here: http://i.imgur.com/TrI6oaX.jpg
Edited by Fate on 1/5/2014 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]