Looking for advice on deck

Hey, I was playing around with the first deck I constructed but, as I level up the pally, I find that I'm losing way more than 50% of my matches. I was wondering if you could give me some advice - the troubles I run into most often are a horrible starting hand and recovering board control whenever I don't have 1-turn board wipe. The deck is

2 x Argent Squire
1 x Redemption

1 x Argent Protector
1 x Ironbeak Owl
1 x Wild Pyromancer
2 x Youthful Brewmaster
1 x Holy Light
2 x Equality

1 x Aldor Peacekeeper
2 x Harvest Golem
1 x Shattered Sun Cleric
1 x Sword of Justice

1 x Dark Iron Dwarf
2 x Defender of Argus
2 x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2 x Consecration
1 x Hammer of Wrath
2 x Truesilver Champion

1 x Frostwolf Warlord

2 x Argent Commander
1 x Avenging Wrath

1 x Guardian of Kings
Edited by TurboCrema on 1/7/2014 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I find the surprise 2/1 secret (forget the name) is extremely valuable in the early game. Less so against Mage, Rogue, Druid, but even then it still has value and can protect another creature or force them to use mana to use their hero power. EDIT: Oh wait that is Argent Squire eh... Looks like you have those. EDIT AGAIN! No it isn't... I am talking about Noble Sacrifice! Get 2 they are worth it!

At first glance your late game looks a little week in my opinion. I would think about having a few beefier guys in there.

Good luck.
Edited by applej25 on 1/7/2014 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll take a look at that secret! It helps to mix them up so I don't signal that I'll rez the next annoying taunt/divine shield/argent commander that I have on the board. I also do suffer the late game quite a bit, but I don't have many meaty cards I could use for the role (also lacking copies of several cards in this deck, just started playing it): I tried using Stormwind Champion as a sort of finisher when I've got board control, but it doesn't do enough on its own as Tirion, giants or other stuff would. The rest of the basics seem a little lackluster too, but I could sac the brewmasters, Avenging Wrath or a 4-drop to make room for big vanilla creatures. Any recommendations for my next craft?
Reply Quote
Abominations are pretty good for swinging board control back in your favor, especially if combo'd with redemption.
Reply Quote
I see no card draw in there apart from 1 Hammer of Wrath and imo, that's a problem.

You also need some more beefy creatures in there, at a lower cost than Guardian of Kings. I'd take out the owl and put in another Argent Protector, take out a Brewmaster and put in a Knife Juggler, replace a Shieldmasta with a Spellbreaker, consider taking out the second Sen'jin for a Yeti, (imo you don't need it with 2 Defenders of Argus), take out the Frostwolf Warlord and put in a Stormwind Champion. You might consider a Boulderfist Ogre.. sure it's basic but the stats are solid. Better yet, employ a Venture Co. Merc. Also, I've been having a lot of fun with Hogger in the later game. I recommend throwing him in there as well if it's a possibility.

I recommend fitting an Azure Drake or Gagetzan Auctioneer in there, (perhaps instead of the recommended Yeti).

Consider getting a Lay on Hands and/or Blood Knight in there.. the latter could make a pretty sick turn 3 drop used with either an Argent Squire or Argent Protector, (I've done it a couple times.. quite demoralizing to most opponents ;) ).

Anyway, that's just my two cents, based on my admittedly limited experience. Good luck.
Edited by seven6two on 1/8/2014 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]