Need deck advice

Hey guys, been playing Heathstone for a couple of weeks now and have been playing Paladin exclusively for that duration. I've finally managed to get 1600 dust and I'm torn between crafting Tirion Fordring or 4 other cards that I see are being used by high rated Paladin decks like Avenging Wrath or Lay on Hands.

My Current deck is: http://oi41.tinypic.com/2ahthf9.jpg and I'm running at a 50-60% win loss with it and could do with some advice.

Would you guys recommend me picking up Tirion or go for other cards to improve it?
I also was lucky enough to score Sylvanas in a pack. Should I add her to my deck too?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
I would definitely drop Lord of the Arena for Sylvanas.

As for Tirion, I'm against crafting class specific legendaries cards. I think cards that can go in any deck should be crafted first. This is a personal choice, though.
Reply Quote
...As for Tirion, I'm against crafting class specific legendaries cards. I think cards that can go in any deck should be crafted first. This is a personal choice, though.

I definitely agree with that; esp since the best legendaries are neutral.
Reply Quote
I played a meh palladin for the longest time, a mid-late game style, like yours but with a different theme. I found I had issues finishing off my opponent most times, I added 2 avenging wrath's into the deck and I found myself destroying games, it was like the additional late game kick to deliver that big punch for the finish, or combined with equality for some incredible clearing power.

Highly recommend those be the first epics you drop in (outside of SoJ) I also don't think very highly of leper gnome outside of the most hyper-aggressive decks possible.

Here's the deck I run with great success: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/25048-solar-eclipse
Reply Quote
I played a meh palladin for the longest time, a mid-late game style, like yours but with a different theme. I found I had issues finishing off my opponent most times, I added 2 avenging wrath's into the deck and I found myself destroying games, it was like the additional late game kick to deliver that big punch for the finish, or combined with equality for some incredible clearing power.

Highly recommend those be the first epics you drop in (outside of SoJ)...

Yep, that card's a !@#$%, huh?

I just played against another Pally who blew through 2 Consecrates, 2 Avenging Wraths, LoH, Guardian of Kings, and finally finished me off with his second Truesilver Champ, right after I finally drew Harrison Jones.

He was playing the slowest, most controlling, healing deck I've ever seen. Totally gassed out my mid game semi-aggressive deck. It was frustrating. Still, if I had even 1 Avenging Wrath, I could've finished him off, I think. I need to make me one.
Reply Quote
Hey, thanks a lot for all of your advice.

I've kind of put my deck together using cards I had available for me since I lacked core cards to form any specific/popular decks.

I'll try out the solar eclipse deck recommended and will use my dust to craft 2 avenging wrath's and a lay on hands and pick Tirion up at a later date.

Thanks again.
Edited by Laar on 1/9/2014 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Laar
Hey guys, been playing Heathstone for a couple of weeks now and have been playing Paladin exclusively for that duration. I've finally managed to get 1600 dust and I'm torn between crafting Tirion Fordring or 4 other cards that I see are being used by high rated Paladin decks like Avenging Wrath or Lay on Hands.

I have 2 avenging wraths; I highly recommend it. It works great as huge pressure, wave clear, or just a full on "Can I kill him" moment.

I win often as paladin. It works.
Reply Quote
I would only craft one for now and if you feel you need a 2nd avenging wrath, craft it then.

I do more than alright with just one in the deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]