Deck Critique

I created the deck below yesterday and have been playing around with it a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/ciikzN6.jpg

I've thoroughly played through maybe four variations of a typical Mage deck: frost giants, frost-delay for Alex-Pyro, rush deck, and aggressive control. The deck as shown above is more of the aggressive control, with Alex as a saving grace in tough times.

I'm not sure about the efficiency of Acolyte of Pain. I know that Mage gets great utilization of it due to the pings, but do you guys think I would be better off with Novince Engineers in those positions for quicker draws in the early game? Also not sure about 1x Missiles/1x Explosion, might I be better off running double on one? I've got Bloodmage Thalnos in my bank, but I'm not sure where I could fit him in. Looking forward to hearing any feedback... aside from those that just call me lame for running double Pyroblast!
Reply Quote
Replaced Acolyte of Pain (x2) with Novice Engineer and Bloodmage Thalnos. I've had wins from all ranges: strong early draws for momentum, strong mid draws for stabilization, strong late draws for the dreaded Alex-Pyro-Pyro nuke. I've come to terms with the Warlock rush decks just being too randomized to counter-plan against. If they get a strong first four cards, I'm on my heels on the way to death all the way. I'm okay with it because I'm fairing > 60% against the other classes at the moment.

Still hoping for some feedback on Missiles/Explosion and the overall structure of my deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]