fix Pit Lord

Pit Lord is such a bad card atm, who would play it? take 5 damage, and it's soooo easy to be removed. Kinda sad to see cards like that, that people will just ignore. And it's epic.

idk, give it taunt or charge or make it 4/7 so it can't be removed by lava burst and shadow word.
Reply Quote
exactly right every other class has an epic card and this card is really useless comparing it to mages epic card which is pyroblast i think if we maybe get a chaos bolt instead it would be great
Reply Quote
yeah, but I think that instead of a chaos bolt, buffing the Pit Lord and Felguard would be nice... I would like to see some decks that are not only aggro or murloc. Maybe a control one, with some mid/late game minions.
Reply Quote
Pit Lord is way better than you think it is. How many other 4 drops in the game forces hard removal ? it's a perfect way to buy another round of bashing away with your rush (and if they can't remove it you just win the game.)
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Tourage
idk, give it taunt or charge or make it 4/7 so it can't be removed by lava burst and shadow word.

Lava Burst doesn't remove it on it's own. Shadow Word: Death is limited, so it means your follow-up Giants (or whatever) won't get hit by it.

The only one-shot Druids can use against it is Naturalize, which is a bad deal for them for a large number of reasons. It's not good against Mages, who have Fireball (in addition to Poly) and high Direct Damage (which means they might potentially be able to ignore it anyway and burn you down with the self damage you do), but against everything else? Pretty dang solid.

I do think Pit Lord should do 1-2 less damage to you than it does, but it's not nearly as bad as some people seem to think it is.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 04:35 PMPosted by Ares
Pit Lord is way better than you think it is. How many other 4 drops in the game forces hard removal ? it's a perfect way to buy another round of bashing away with your rush (and if they can't remove it you just win the game.)

Maybe Sen'jin Shieldmaster? the thing is that taking damage like 3 on the first round to drop something like flame imp is ok, but you don't want to take 5 damage on the fourth round and get removed. People know how to counter warlocks, and it's going straight for the hero, to low the hp so they can't lifetap, and playing the pitlord and it getting removed will probably be the game breaker.
Reply Quote
the thing is that it can easily be removed by something like polymorph, hex, or a buffed minion, and I think the worst case scenario would be a fireball, it's like getting hit by 2 fireballs, one on the minion and one to the face, since you get damaged by 5.

And don't forget, getting him before turn 5 is the best case scenario and it looks that bad. If you get it after turn 5 it just sucks SO MUCH. It can be removed by another minion, or it can be easily the cause of your death. 5 Damage is too much for an warlock to take after mid-game.
Reply Quote
Not much better then chillwind yeti imo. Agreed it needs a buff.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 07:25 AMPosted by Tourage

Maybe Sen'jin Shieldmaster? the thing is that taking damage like 3 on the first round to drop something like flame imp is ok, but you don't want to take 5 damage on the fourth round and get removed. People know how to counter warlocks, and it's going straight for the hero, to low the hp so they can't lifetap, and playing the pitlord and it getting removed will probably be the game breaker.

You would use Assassinate or Polymorph on a Shieldmaster ?

My experience with Pit Lord is quite the opposite of what you present here. Anyone that tries to go for the face against my deck will fail horribly, and if they actually tried why would I drop my Pit Lord ? The position I usually find myself in at turn 4 is having a slight board advantage, having damaged the opponent a fair bit, not taken any damage myself but being low on cards. If the opponent had not traded/removed by now he would be close to (if not) dead. In this position dropping a Pit Lord is basically buying me a free round or a major board advantage with no real drawback.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 09:48 AMPosted by McHRSN
Not much better then chillwind yeti imo. Agreed it needs a buff.

I'm glad you think the pit lord needs a buff too. But the chillwind yeti is one of the most solid 4 drops, it's really good.
Reply Quote
What. take 5 damage to the face to get a Chillwind Yeti (a standard card that everyone has) with 6 life instead of 5 sounds valid. Basically like Fire balling your own face to get a Yeti out for no reason.

Edit: However, I'd understand if making the Pit Lord viable is low prio. It makes sense if they focus on cards that are too impact-ful rather than cards that have too little impact.
Edited by oompa on 1/4/2014 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
It is only 2 stats above Yeti and costs 5 health. As compared to imp that is 2 stats above murloc raider and costs 3 health. If you play pit lord he is likely to be sapped or frosttrapped and you just took 5 damage.
I recommend making him 3/7 that can't be targeted with spells.
Edited by Muxecoid on 1/4/2014 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 10:29 PMPosted by Muxecoid
It is only 2 stats above Yeti and costs 5 health. As compared to imp that is 2 stats above murloc raider and costs 3 health. If you play pit lord he is likely to be sapped or frosttrapped and you just took 5 damage.
I recommend making him 3/7 that can't be targeted with spells.

Rogues use Sap outside Arena? 'bout time.

But seriously, no, it doesn't need that, and lowering it's attack makes it far less of a threat. With 5 attack it can get non-trade kills on just about every 4-drop shy of Twilight and the Turtle, and most 5-drops as well. Reducing it to 3 attack like that would make it far worse at dealing with other turn 4-5 minions... and some 3-drops.

Being able to take out most minions in it's cost range is what makes it force hard removal. Making it less susceptable to hard removal but removing the requirement to use it isn't going to help. It also means it's a lot harder to "break even" with a more aggressive playstyle.

If the problem is that it does too much damage to the Warlock playing it... just reduce that damage a bit. It's not a difficult problem, and it doesn't need these large changes people have been asking for.
Reply Quote
i made another thread about this, but my suggestion would be to leave the card as it is, but reduce it to 3 mana, instead of 4. then it gets a turn to bash on the opponent before it gets fireballed or polymorphed or backstab + eviscerated.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 06:00 PMPosted by UrukEnkidu
i made another thread about this, but my suggestion would be to leave the card as it is, but reduce it to 3 mana, instead of 4. then it gets a turn to bash on the opponent before it gets fireballed or polymorphed or backstab + eviscerated.

That would just be a solution for aggro Warlocks to run it.

Control Warlock just takes way to much damage over a long fight, even with 7-8 heals in the deck, you're screwed if you play pit lord, even with 3 mana
Reply Quote
Besides Voidwalker and Bloodimp everyone of the Warlock minions has a downside which make all of them exept the Flame Imp unplayable or incredibly gimmicky.

Only way Pitlord in it's current form is playable if there was a reliably big heal at the Warlocks disposle. Like buff Sacrficial Pact so i can eat everyone of my creatures not just demons. Shadowflame works like that too.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how broken all the Warlock minions are , except Imp. Even running 2 Flame Imp is too much in a deck imo. They are just too easily removed even on turn 1. Let alone if you draw them later game, 3 damage drop Imp is just not playable at that point.
Reply Quote
I completely agree and think it's sad. Everyone once in a while I see the 5/7 charge minion make a useful appearance.

Right now the only useful lock cards are the removal spells. Instead of crappy battlecries warlock creatures should have interesting death rattles.
Reply Quote
How about in addition to its current Battlecry, add a Deathrattle: Deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.

5 damage in, 5 damage out. balance.

Or if that's too much change the battlecry and deathrattle to 4 damage.

It's essentially getting to deal damage as if you'd played it a turn earlier, in exchange for letting the enemy have some control over when it activates.
Edited by LastAergerer on 1/11/2014 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe just make Pit Lord and Flame Imp do 1 damage to the Warlock every round? The longer they stay the harder it gets.

I also don't like the card throwing minions. Even though Dreadlord is quite useful as a finnisher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]