New to Hearthstone, got a gold card in pack!

It's a counterspell. Looking around the 'top' decks, it would appear nobody play them...

Should I salvage my gold Counterspell for 100 dust?
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
Gold card are only for collector, in terms of value the dust you get from it is worth more to craft a card you don't have yet but require for a deck.
Reply Quote
I'd say no, especially since you are a new player. My counterspells are really useful to me at this time and you as a new player are far, far away from crafting all those epic/legendary cards that get thrown around in top mage decks.

If you DE it you will only be able to craft another blue, and you need to ask yourself if there is a blue you need that much to waste a cool card like Counterspell (and you lose the cool golden card effect for no gain as you're trading a blue's worth for a blue's worth when DE it).
Reply Quote
comes down to personal opinion here, i personally DE all gold cards UNLESS i already have a double of it normally, and even then, i will be willing to DE a gold card in order to fill out my collection so i have all cards needed to make any potential deck i want, once u have all cards at least once, then look at collecting gold cards, it is gonna be quite a while before blizz add any new cards to this game, so plenty of time to work on collecting all gold, but for me priority wise: all cards>gold cards
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
I wouldn't de it. The ratio of what you can de cards for compared to how much it costs to craft them is quite bad.

Also, I personally use Counterspell in my deck.
Reply Quote
If you DE a golden rare you'll get enough dust to craft another regular rare. So basically if you would prefer another rare over counterspell than you could DE that one and craft the one you prefer.
Reply Quote
NO, Counterspell is a very good card in a deck and can be VERY useful, save it for the future
Reply Quote
I would loooove to have a gold counterspell.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 02:09 PMPosted by Viss

You like them elven women eh? :P
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/04/2014 07:41 PMPosted by MayhemInc

You like them elven women eh? :P

Is that an Elf? I thought it was supposed to be Jaina.
Reply Quote
There are some select mage decks that make good use of counterspell. But when it comes down to it, it depends on what kind of player you are.

Do you like shiny and cool things? Do you enjoy collecting really rare things in games?

It's personally always been a love of mine in any game to collect the absolute rarest of items so I myself never DE anything golden, no matter how bad it is. I made a gimmicky warlock deck involving questing adventurers, power overwhelming and only 0-1 cost minions purely for an idea to use my golden Angry Chicken. It's just so glorious and it cracks me up whenever my enemy hovers over it for a moment like "....wow, seriously dude."
Edited by Aak on 1/4/2014 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]