What's the best way to run Cenarius?

I recently got him in a pack, so I want to add him to my Druid control deck (rank 9-10). The problem is my win rate has gone down when I put him in. At 9 mana, I find him difficult to play, so I'm beginning to wonder if he even belongs in a control deck. My deck looks like this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/23960-druid-control

except I have recently replaced the Sunwalker with an Ancient of War.

Any suggestions from the master druids?
Reply Quote
I'm rank 5 druid and I use him. I don't know if you consider that master lol.

I think you need allot of creatures to make him work since its his +2/+2 function that is most powerful. In your deck that probably doesn't work since it seems like you would rarely have many minions on the board by the time he comes out. If your using him for the 2/2 taunt trees all the time he's not that good.
Reply Quote
Rank 6 Druid here. I use him in my modified StrifeCro deck :)

He's very versatile since he can be used both offensively and defensively which can turn games around really fast.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 03:37 PMPosted by FleetBacon
I don't know if you consider that master

Anyone better than me is a master, so that includes you!

Thanks for the advice guys.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Ivan
Rank 6 Druid here. I use him in my modified StrifeCro deck :)

He's very versatile since he can be used both offensively and defensively which can turn games around really fast.

Thats true but I feel like he is weaker when used defensively. I think ideally you want a deck that can consistently use him for offense. +2/+2 on everything is way stronger than 2 2/2 taunt trees.
Reply Quote
Yeah the taunt trees are useless most of the time but when if your board was just cleared, they're really nice to have :)
Reply Quote
I replaced mine with Ysera, but I run a deck that doesn't have a lot of minions on the board most of the time, and she seems slightly more hardy against removal, especially vs priest.

I guess that Imp Master + Violet Teacher would synergize well with him though.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Keldorn
I replaced mine with Ysera, but I run a deck that doesn't have a lot of minions on the board most of the time, and she seems slightly more hardy against removal, especially vs priest.

I guess that Imp Master + Violet Teacher would synergize well with him though.

Yup. Used to have imp master in my deck but recently switched it for violet teacher since she's a better minion on her own. I have Illidan and you'd think he'd work but every time I have tried him he's been terrible (so easy to kill with things like big game hunter, in fact 2 games in a row he got copied and big game huntered and it totally flipped games I was winning).

Basically the idea is you play normal things like harvest golem, druid of the claw, ancient of lore, try and make them spend removal on that and then suddenly your flooding the board with violet apprentices and buffing them with things like power of the wild/cenarius. Also have one savage roar so I can burst down mages and otk warriors. Recently added a sea giant as well.

Taken me to rank 5 but having trouble getting higher. Hopefully I don't end up forced to use things like ragnaros to advance, I like that my deck is kind of different.
Reply Quote
I like the idea of trying a minion druid deck with Cenarius as a late game buff. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Do you run anything like Stormwind Champion to give more buffs or is Cenarius enough?
Reply Quote
I don't have him in currently, I tried him before and he was ok but I feel like cenarius is enough.

The sea giant has been pretty nice. Its actually possible to play him and cenarius on the same turn if you have innervate and there's enough minions on the board. That was kind of the issue with storm wind its like you use him or cenarius they can never go together and having an extra big minion is nicer than having more buffs I think.

The problems I'm having right now are mostly with other druids and warlocks. In druid v druid it feels like if they have a good hand and can innervate out some big creatures on me early its very hard for me to deal with, on the other hand if the early game goes well for me my late game seems to crush other druids since they just can't ever clear the board. Against warlocks I seem to loose if I can't clear the board before they start buffing their stuff, so like if I don't draw things like wrath/swipe early but it kinda seems like that's true for lots of decks if you get a bad hand you just kinda loose to warlock so I don't know maybe that's just how things are.
Reply Quote
Any deck lists ?

I just got him as well, though im a priest player.
Reply Quote
The one I play is based off of this:

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=16547/tryhard

He's a legend player and I saw him playing it some on stream. Mine is a bit different, I don't have Cairne and I have made some other changes but I'm starting think perhaps I have over complicated mine. I'd recommend going off of what he has. I know it seems like something that can't work but it does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]