So ever since I got my beta invite, I've rolled a mage, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it so far. My main on WoW is a mage aswell, and in every other game I ever come across, the mage character is the first one I want to try out, Hearthstone is no exception. I do run into a few problems with my mage though, and it has to do with building a strong deck to compete in ranked. I'm currently rank 15 and I just don't seem to be able to climb all that well. This is the deck I've been using:

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Arcane Explosion
2x Frostbolt
2x Kobold Geomancer
2x Sorcerer's Apprentice
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Cone of Cold
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Ogre Magi
2x Azure Drake
2x Blizzard
2x Flamestrike
2x Pyroblast

The theme I want to play is definately there (using spells to wither down the opponent) however, there are a few things on my mind about this deck:

1. Early game cards. I've done a lot of research on the internet, trying to form my own deck, but I'm still on the fence here. Arcane Missiles vs. Mirror Image, and is Arcane Explosion worth a spot in the deck?

2. Spell Power. There's plenty of it in the deck, I've got some Geomancers, Ogre Magi and Azure Drakes. However, after checking lots of mage decks on the internet, I see a lot of decks not running with these minions, especially the Ogre Magi. Should I maybe get rid of these?

3. Arcane Intellect/Lack of 3-drops. Again, I see some people running with this, and some people who don't. I'm worried to take it out though, since it is my only 3-drop. But should I?

4. Freezes. Cone of Cold but especially Blizzard, after the nerf, aren't really the no-brainers they used to be. I think I'll probably keep Cone of Cold in, but is Blizzard still worth it?

5. AoE. With Arcane Explosion, Blizzard and Flamestrike at my disposal, I really wonder if it's worth putting all of them in, and if not, which ones to put in and which ones not to. They all have their issues and I don't really know what to pick. Arcane Explosion dealing a mere 1 damage seems lackluster, Blizzard with it's 2 damage for 6 doesn't seem to be worth it, and Flamestrike is just so expensive at 7 mana, it takes up your entire turn.

6. Polymorph. It can be really good, like REALLY good, but some games there's just no real use for it. I see some decks who use it, and some who don't, and I really can't make up my mind on this one.

Those are a few problems I'm running into when building a mage deck. Or is there another problem I'm missing? If somebody could be so kind to help me out here, thanks a lot!