OP Mages are ruining this game

So many people playing OP Mages with their DD spells that are impossible to counter. They really need more nerfing as they really are ruining the game.

Hearthstone devs, are you listening? :)
Reply Quote
L2Healing Spells.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 04:50 AMPosted by Typhoon
Hearthstone devs, are you listening?
I certainly hope not. People whining =/= something needs to be balanced. Luckily they have the stats for win-rates so will use those when considering how to balance things.
Reply Quote
According to stats, mages are around +- 50% winrate, so for sure not OP. You just have to learn how to play against them.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 04:51 AMPosted by masters66
I certainly hope not. People whining =/= something needs to be balanced. Luckily they have the stats for win-rates so will use those when considering how to balance things.

^^ That.

~Be well

~Sylphy

~NM <3 K <3 MH~
Reply Quote
new and original
Reply Quote
With all due respect, players who cannot cope with game mechanics who run to the forums to denounce their evil of the minute are ruining this game.

Someone made a thread about an "opponent abusing the Fatigue mechanic" because they made them draw and take damage after the player had emptied their deck. FATIGUE. Being "abused".
Edited by RykerrK on 1/6/2014 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 04:50 AMPosted by Typhoon
So many people playing OP Mages with their DD spells that are impossible to counter. They really need more nerfing as they really are ruining the game.

Worst thread of the day and that's saying something :)
Reply Quote
So many people playing OP Mages with their DD spells that are impossible to counter. They really need more nerfing as they really are ruining MY game.

/fixed :)
Edited by Rizzit on 1/6/2014 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 05:05 AMPosted by Footman
According to stats, mages are around +- 50% winrate, so for sure not OP. You just have to learn how to play against them.

Everyone has a 50% winrate, that's what the system does. What matters is how high the rankings are for each class. We really need that statistic to be shown somewhere by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Everyone has a 50% winrate, that's what the system does. What matters is how high the rankings are for each class. We really need that statistic to be shown somewhere by Blizzard.
Every individual does, but not every class. Matchmaking doesn't (as far as i know) take into account class. It is very possible for a class to have a high winrate. But yeah we don;t have these stats, only Blizzard does
Reply Quote
Just based on what I encounter, I'd wager druids are the most powerful class. Best heals, best taunts, best minions (IMO)
Reply Quote
I think that upon releasing new cards, there might be more spell attack counters coming like there are for taking damage via minions or weapons. I had contemplated how a "Taunt" for spells could be possible. Like "spells must target this minion before others". That would end up being harsh on Mages specifically, but once you reach 4+ mana, it can be tough to stop a Mage from ending you on 2 or more spells.
Reply Quote
i sure hope blizzard is wise enough to not take the whining of bad players as the view of the majority. fact of the matter is, people who think like you do are just bad ignorant players who are completely incapable of adapting to meta games.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 06:54 AMPosted by OldTallen

Worst thread of the day and that's saying something :)

The day is still young. Brace yourself
Reply Quote
I think the mage i stotally op too!!!!

That support not whining ......
Reply Quote
Strange, all cardgames like this one have the same issue: SE, DoC,... Mages own cardgames.
Reply Quote
Haha , i play warriors in every computer game. I used to play WoW from bc to cataclysm, reaching 2400 in 3x3, i could say that blizzard has some issues on hating warriors and loving mages. So i just began playing mage/rogue in hearthstone, rank 2 in 3 weeks.
Also, druids are op. Hue hue hue
Edited by DruidsDieIrl on 1/7/2014 2:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Mages have high intelligence and wide knowledge which represent nerds. While warriors look like bullies to nerds... So, revenge is sweet, even just in a game =))
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 07:17 AMPosted by masters66
Every individual does, but not every class. Matchmaking doesn't (as far as i know) take into account class. It is very possible for a class to have a high winrate. But yeah we don;t have these stats, only Blizzard does

Yes, we do have those stats.

http://www.hearthstats.net

Mages have a 62% winrate. Other classes do not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]