Rate my deck please.Thank you.I appreciate it

Hey. I need your rating/opinion of my latest deck.

Rate 1 to 10.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#4:2;26:1;28:1;30:2;33:1;177:2;241:1;263:2;274:2;276:1;395:1;434:1;435:2;489:2;496:2;522:2;525:1;589:2;595:1;641:1

2 Sorcerer's Apprentice
1 Cone of Cold
1 Ice Block
2 Mirror Image
1 Sylvanas Windrunner
2 Frostbolt
1 Malygos
2 Mana Wyrm
2 Water Elemental
1 Blizzard
1 Loot Hoarder
1 Shattered Sun Cleric
2 Novice Engineer
2 Arcane Intellect
2 Pyroblast
2 Fireball
1 Bloodmage Thalnos
2 Arcane Missiles
1 Polymorph
1 Amani Berserker
Reply Quote
It just looks like every other deck. Iam sorry.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 07:36 AMPosted by Henno
It just looks like every other deck. Iam sorry.

It is extremely likely for a mage deck to look like other mage decks because of the limited amount of cards after choosing the most beneficial ones.

If you've seen this deck before what was your rating/opinion of it?

I am new to the game and have not had the time to analyze all the cards in the game and investigate the top competitive decks for each class and how they compete against each other.
Reply Quote
How do you have so many legendaries if you just started, card packs? Anyhow

Ice Block isn't good. Think of it this way: take cards that will prevent you from losing instead of losing one turn later.

I prefer Arcane Explosion over Arcane Missiles; it scales better with spell power, at the downside of not damaging the hero. I prefer the board control, as it can potentially 1 for 3+ if you have even one spell power minion on the board.

Azure Drakes are really good for mages imo; it gives card draw immediately as well as offering spell damage.

You don't have Flamestrike, which is all but necessary for mages. The board control it brings is unmatched.

Gurubashi is another good card for mages; you can activate his damage ramp with your innate Fireblast, making him a huge threat that always demolishes or demands premium removal.

I think you need more threats in your deck. Currently your lategame minions consist exclusively of Sylvanas and Malygos. Both of these are good cards, but they will be removed almost instantly because very little in your deck screams for the opponent to use Assassinate, Shadow Word: Death, etc. Adding Gurubashi helps in this imo; he can draw removal to protect the legendaries, or carry in case the legends get removed.

You also need to add taunt to your deck, otherwise decks that aggressively target the face will bowl you over, especially those with weapons. Adding a second Blizzard can help with this, but Sen'jin Shieldmasta offers good defense with good trade potential for a reasonable cost. You can also look into higher power taunt minions; these are less cost efficient but may work with your playstyle. I don't like them for mage as best case endgame turns for me are generally play a minion + cast a spell, which is more difficult to do with high cost taunters.

Another point for Arcane Explosion: it gets rid of Blood Imp guaranteed (unless there are two, in which case use spell power). Missles can miss, leaving you with no answer until 6.

These are all just thoughts; use some, overlook others, and keep evolving your deck. Pay attention to what works, what has little impact, what sits in your hand, and especially which cards force the opponent to spend 2 or more to get rid of them, or give you an extra (like Azure Drake and Thalnos). Good luck!
Reply Quote
I just updated the deck again. Check the reply below this one

That was an amazing response. Thank you. I have a new deck now based on more research, more games played, and advice given in multiple locations. Let me know what you think. It is a definite improvement. Yes. I have bought 80 Card Packs, and have earned maybe 5 more.

I would also love to have Alexstrasza.

• I have 1 arcane missile if I need to get rid of a single unit, and not want to waste arcane explosion or +1 spellpower arcane explosion like you mentioned.
  • I have 2 Mana Wyrms and 2 Mirror Image for hopefully a great starting 2 turns with or without the Coin.
  • I have a Loot Hoarder, 2 Novice Engineers because I want to always have a card advantage.
  • 2 Sorcerer's Apprentice so that I can cast more expensive cards quicker or some spells for free.
  • I chose the Acolyte of Pain over Bloodmage Thalmos because I have enough level 1 and 2 minions, and this Acolyte of Pain can potentially grant me 3+ or - extra cards.
  • I only have 1 Shattered Sun Cleric because I needed room for better cards.
  • 1 Cold of Cold because I have a better card than 2x.
  • Polymorph because that will save your !@#.
  • With all the cards in my hand I will be able to play the Mountain Giant for potentially 4 cost but usually 7. If he gets assassinated or destroyed I can bring out Sylvanas, and that usually always results in good things. Then Somewhere around 7 I have my flamestrike added like you mentioned. I re added it because it is indeed a life saver. Then if I still have a Fireball left, I'll use a Pyroblast without the +spellpower and possibly win the next turn, or bring out Malygos for the 15 damage Pyroblast or the 11 damage Fireball.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#4:2;26:1;30:2;33:1;44:1;56:1;177:2;241:1;263:2;264:1;274:1;276:1;280:1;395:1;428:1;434:1;435:2;489:2;496:2;522:2;589:1;595:1

2 Sorcerer's Apprentice
    1 Cone of Cold
    2 Mirror Image
    1 Sylvanas Windrunner
    1 Flamestrike
    1 Arcane Explosion
    2 Frostbolt
    1 Malygos
    2 Mana Wyrm
    1 Mountain Giant
    1 Water Elemental
    1 Blizzard
    1 Azure Drake
    1 Loot Hoarder
    1 Acolyte of Pain
    1 Shattered Sun Cleric
    2 Novice Engineer
    2 Arcane Intellect
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Fireball
    1 Arcane Missiles
    1 Polymorph
    Edited by Precog on 1/6/2014 12:13 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    I just changed it again. I exchanged the Shattered Sun Cleric with a Raid Leader, because I normally have more than 2 minions on the table.

I also replaced the Water Elemental with Dark Iron Dwarf because he is 4/4 with 4 cost and allows one of my other minions to potentially make a minion trade.

I also added a Flesheating Ghoul because my cheaper minions and Mirror Images dying do well with this card.

I also took out Malygos because you will need to win before that card ever gets played. I added a Stormwind champion which helps with my minion count and adds attack to Mirror Images and bonus attack to others.

What I really need is an Alexstrasza
    Edited by Precog on 1/6/2014 12:14 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]