Armorsmith deck

Ok so, I like to make themed decks of sorts, I experimented with my own version of low budget spellpower mage because it was the only thing I found to consistently win. Later I tried to create a divine shield deck for paladin and a enrage deck for warrior.

The biggest problem I've found with enrage deck for warrior is two fold. Its usually 2 for in card trades, you use a minion, you buff it, it swings and then probably dies, usually to a 2 or 3 drop creature and usually a lot more mana and card efficient for the opponent, thus I gave up on it.

Now I want to experiment with another theme, armor.

I was thinking of building a deck around the Armorsmith. The idea would be to usually keep her protected, or drop her before trading to deal as much damage and gain as much armor as possible, and then use the armor to make less HP costly trades with weapons or to abuse shield slam.

Basically I want to sort off build a warrior control deck, since that is the style that seems to suit me more.

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried this before and I'd like to see card suggestions for the deck and some explanations on their place in the deck.
Reply Quote
pyrosmith
Reply Quote
I've been contemplating something of the sort, myself... So far, the best ideas I've had with my limited collection is to try making an amusing combo.

For example, Imp Master + Frothing Berserker + Armorsmith. Pings for 1 damage at the end of your turn, which gives you an armor for free, and makes the Frothing stronger.

Other fun little tidbits I want to include are (of course) Inner Rage and Cruel Taskmaster, maybe with a couple Rampages and Gurubashi Berserker or maybe Acolyte of Pain. Whirlwind and Battle Rage are both must-haves, along with a couple other enrage staple cards. I just wish that Shield Block was a bit more common... or useful. lol

...hrm, I should really give this idea a shot, instead of simply leaving it half-complete for my warrior.
Reply Quote
With the patch changes, this is my next deck build as well - I just don't see every warrior moving to an enrage deck as the best solution.

I see it pairing with mad bomber and acolyte as well- that way if you end up eating random damage or using a whirlwind there are other benefits than just armor.

What seems to be missing from the warrior deck is the ability to armor your minions. It's odd that all of the class specific buffs seem to center around damaging your own minions- yet there's nothing to make your minions more durable. There is the card synergy between shield block and taking damage when you hit with a weapon, but there's not really a way to help your minions out on the damage front. You could use some of the healing neutral cards but I'm not sure this is really mana efficient.

So my thoughts are
Priestess/armorsmith early game? hope you draw a war axe? basically let her add health to the armorsmith while you try and whittle down with control spells/minion weapon damage until the opponent starts hitting or is forced to use a removal spell?

This also poses a problem though, armor is better suited for late game after you've dropped your giants.

So should you just play a normal high pressure early game with your warrior and get your opponent to burn resources and then start your big drops later and play the armorsmith then with your shield blocks and *basically* get yourself back up to 30 health?

I'm wondering how this, coupled with alexstrasza, could make for a reallllly long match. Are we just playing warrior wrong? does it actually have the best potential to endure being hit?
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Shorty40
What seems to be missing from the warrior deck is the ability to armor your minions. It's odd that all of the class specific buffs seem to center around damaging your own minions- yet there's nothing to make your minions more durable. There is the card synergy between shield block and taking damage when you hit with a weapon, but there's not really a way to help your minions out on the damage front. You could use some of the healing neutral cards but I'm not sure this is really mana efficient.

That's where Rampage comes into play, in some minor aspect... Making the damaged minions much beefier. Toss in Defender of Argus or the other minion that grants Taunt, and suddenly your Gurubashi Berserker or other Rampaged minion is a legitimate force.
Reply Quote
Mkay, tried to make the deck today, and realized that with all the focus on armor and combos, the only "big beats" I tend to have are the Berserkers, either Frantic or Gurubashi. Rush decks will tear this thing apart, since most of the cogs are 3-drops, and the armor ramp isn't quite fast enough. I'm gonna keep tweaking it and see if I can get this thing to be any better.
Reply Quote
Just made a quick decklist, although I think the deck either need some a little more early game presence (taunt? removals? or draws?), as well as a good finisher if frothing gets removed early.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/823/om8w.png

Frothing Beserker + Armorsmith+ Imp master as the main engine, as well as weapons+bloodsail raider as additional threat to draw removals.
Swamp+Owl+Brewmaster utility.

At this point I think I just need to replace Argus, and probably cleave, bomber, acolyte of pain (I think a better offensive presence is needed. Loot hoarder perhaps?).

Would love some advice on replacements, preferably not a legendary. Epic at most, dont have much dust to spare.

In conclusion, its a really fun deck. Not sure which archetype it would fall to, as the pace of my current deck really vary depends on the early draw. At one point I was stalling the crap out of a paladin that we both end up going for a fatigue war, with armorsmith+imp master. Sometimes my froth gets gigantic by turn 4-5 because of early whirlwind+cleaves against low-cost rush decks, making me go full aggro with him.
Edited by Vencer on 1/17/2014 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, I've just seen this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN0cfdT5_3E
I guess you could potentially use the armorsmith the same way to chain up a ridiculously high armor count. Only problem I have with these sorts of combos is that, often the cards themselves just suck on their own and need to be in a combo or they are trash.

Still food for though.
Reply Quote
Im looking into making this deck kind of deck been testing one myself but i keep coming up with problem i can easy get 20+ armor i have had 40 before but i just don't have the damage to kill them

and card draw seem to be a massive problem to
Edited by Grayskull on 1/18/2014 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 01:04 PMPosted by Destructicon
Only problem I have with these sorts of combos is that, often the cards themselves just suck on their own and need to be in a combo or they are trash.

I've also tried to make a Frothing Berserker, Armorsmith, Acolyte of Pain, Injured Blademaster, Rampage deck and, after many failures, concluded the same thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]