Warrior is now total trash

I feel really sorry for anyone who hasn't spent a lot of cash on this game and has dumped all their dust investments into this soon to be over-nerfed class.

I have spent real money and to me it's no big deal they just nerfed mages and warriors into the ground. I can just jump into any FOTM I so please.

The point here though is why would anyone play warrior now? The whole concept of charge is now moot.

Here is my opinion on the classes right now in terms of balance

Top tier
Paladin
Druid

Mid tier
Rogue
Warlock
Mage
Shaman
Priest

Trash tier
Hunter
Warrior
Reply Quote
Control lock could still be considered Top tier, I think.
Reply Quote
Your opinion as you said, not really based on facts.

I don't really see warriors being that terrible.
Reply Quote
"Sorry that happened"
Reply Quote
What is "top tier Balance"? Is it most balanced, or most imbalanced?
Reply Quote
Just hope the nerfing is over. It's time to buff all the bad cards instead.
Hope they ignore the "I just lost to this, and I want that to be nerfed now!" mob.

There are already alot of cards that handle the Warlock control decks. Same with Druid. Paladin, I don't know. I'm looking forward to the patch and the next meta shift.

What is "top tier Balance"? Is it most balanced, or most imbalanced?

Problem is you can't balance everything to be fair against everything else. So that's hard to answer.
Most threads are about people who just started the game and thinks they are the best players in the world. Not understanding that they are NOT good. And thinks there should be an equal chance against all types of decks vs all types of decks.

Welcome to CCG
Edited by Bibiki on 1/15/2014 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have an amazing Legendary hunter deck that is wrecking, but I guess hunters suck right?
Reply Quote
Control lock should be top tier too and priest should be trash tier with hunter and warrior.
Reply Quote
an amazing Legendary hunter deck that is wrecking

I deleted the rest of your irrelevant words!

You can thank me later with your legendaries.

Kthx.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:30 PMPosted by Asura
Control lock should be top tier

And Paladins can counter that pretty well. They also are pretty fair matchup vs Druids. So, we'll just have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
These devs really don't know how to balance this game. Priests, hunters, and warriors were all nerfed unjustly. Priest was trash before the MC nerf, but because ONE card was OP, they nerfed it and made priests even more trash, without buffing anything else to compensate. Hunters were pretty terrible and had ONE OP strategy, so blizz nerfed it, and also threw in the buzzard nerf for giggles. So then hunters became even more trash, and no buffs to compensate (Now the new UTH got buffed, but it doesn't make too much of a difference). Now warriors had ONE OP strategy with giants, so blizzard nerfs them to the ground, but didn't give anything else to make the overall class good. This type of balancing is just wrecking some classes and making it so only 2-3 classes are ever viable in high level play...
Edited by deathfrost on 1/15/2014 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Warrior control is actually very strong at the moment, in fact it just took first place in a tournament without using Charge OR Gorehowl: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/managrind/articles/4461-top-8-decklist-na-mg-friday-night-swiss-4

And the new patch actually nerfs two of its more difficult matches into the ground (midrange Warlock and Mage).

As a class, I think Mage might have it the worst after this patch. I'm not saying pyroblast should've been left alone, but I think in doing so they should've reverted cone of cold to 3 mana (and possibly blizzard as well).
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Bibiki
Just hope the nerfing is over.

You must have never played WoW. This is Blizzard strategy working as intended. A never ending nerf cycle. The game will never be balanced, it will just cycle through one fotm class to another.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Judgment
Warrior control is actually very strong at the moment, in fact it just took first place in a tournament without using Charge OR Gorehowl: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/managrind/articles/4461-top-8-decklist-na-mg-friday-night-swiss-4

And the new patch actually nerfs two of its more difficult matches into the ground (midrange Warlock and Mage).

As a class, I think Mage might have it the worst after this patch. I'm not saying pyroblast should've been left alone, but I think in doing so they should've reverted cone of cold to 3 mana (and possibly blizzard as well).

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 8 legendaries +2 epics to make warrior playable.......... You got to be kidding meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. This game is showing its true pay to win colors
Edited by Incinerate on 1/15/2014 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Throwing a bunch of legendaries at a bad kit isn't the answer. I think most people will agree with me that Warriors are now absolutely garbage.

But like I said, it's not a problem for me. I got 90% of all cards so I can pick up whatever class becomes viable after this patch.

OTK warrior was never a problem, it preyed on stupid people while still requiring a huge deal of luck. We shouldn't balance cards and strategies because people are too stupid to counter them.

I finally made OTK work last night after some tinkering (not net decking) and it was really fun but gimmicky. Games lasted long and it wasn't reliable enough for me to rank up consistently. OTK is a novelty deck, it's used for fun not to gain a real competitive advantage.
Reply Quote
So, nothing should ever be changed because somebody spend some money on it or burned their collection to get dust to make it. It doesn't matter how grossly out of whack it is.

By the same logic, we should also never introduce any new card sets. The first consequence of a new set to any CCG is a change in the meta game. New cards would mean that anyone who spent money or dust to make a FOTM deck would now be "cheated" when the meta shifted to a FOTM based on the new cards. That would be unfair, amirite? New cards are bad. No new cards, plz.
Reply Quote
I have no idea what you're ranting about. The point isn't that some poor bastard can't play warriors anymore, the whole point is that NO ONE can play warrior anymore because they are effectively dumpster tier.

Making one class completely unplayable in response to a bunch of QQ is not the answer.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:29 PMPosted by osea101
I have no idea what you're ranting about. The point isn't that some poor bastard can't play warriors anymore, the whole point is that NO ONE can play warrior anymore because they are effectively dumpster tier.

Making one class completely unplayable in response to a bunch of QQ is not the answer.

I wouldn't go as far to say that no one could play warriors.

It's just that there are better classes to play with basic and some rares...

Sigh... why did I choose a warrior to play with.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Trying to setup a tier list before the patch has even gone live isn't likely the best bet. A lot of strategies are going to have to be rewritten with this patch so I'm taking a very wait and see approach.
Reply Quote
Yeah, my 1st deck was mage, Felt the who pyro giants to be boring to play and vs. So i rolled warrior, Made a nice midrange deck with worgans charge and facless, having otk options but was never the decks idea.

Then made the true OTK warrior for fun. now when this patch come out i dont think there will be much fun playing mage or warrior...

druid here i come!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]