Twisted Nether

Hey,

while you use twisted nether, all minions on the board get soaked into a black hole, right?
How is it possible that a "Damaged Golem" is just crawling out of this hole?

Change twisted nether to "remove all minions on the board" that would make much more sense and would justify the 8 mana cost!
Reply Quote
It's just too expensive for what id does. It's a complete boardclear for you and your opponent and you can't really put anything on the field after you played the card. ( Maybe Giants if you're already that low ) Just overpriced for the result.
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 08:24 PMPosted by Serefina

Dude's Tenacious. Same reason that Finkle jumps out of The Beast's belly and manages to avoid the void all in the same motion.
Reply Quote
Yeah, equality concecration = 2 cards 6 mana.

Twisting Nether = 8 mana 1 card, affects your board.

Yeah maybe drop that to 7 or 6
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Echoes
Yeah, equality concecration = 2 cards 6 mana.

Twisting Nether = 8 mana 1 card, affects your board.

Yeah maybe drop that to 7 or 6

Wild Pyromancer + Equality = Twisting Nether and only costs 4 Mana.
Reply Quote
We know since a while that Warlock cards are massively overcosted.
This is just another thing to add to the list :/
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 08:24 PMPosted by Serefina

It's actually common sense...

Example: your Twisted Nether killed Golem... Spell is done... Deathrattle happens and Damaged Golem is on board. Same with Cairne Bloodhoof - you get Baine Bloodhoof

Wild Pyromancer + Equality = Twisting Nether and only costs 4 Mana.

You still have to use 2 cards... for any combo with Wild Pyromancer... Yep... that means RNG has to be on your side or you are screwed...
Edited by Njambris on 1/15/2014 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
i agree, while the card can be a lifesaver, the cost is too high

the classic Wrath of God in MTG does the same exact thing for (4) mana =(
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 11:12 PMPosted by StCecil
i agree, while the card can be a lifesaver, the cost is too high

the classic Wrath of God in MTG does the same exact thing for (4) mana =(

It's a different game, the costs/curve can't really be compared. I mean, in Yu-Gi-Oh Black Hole (destroys all creatures) only requires that you play the darned thing... there are no costs mana costs or anything... doesn't mean that HS should follow that pattern.
Edited by Tsenzei on 1/16/2014 2:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
As a side-note Black hole also means you can't sacrifice to get out big guys straight away, doesn't it? But hell, perhaps I shouldn't be defending a children's card game :)

In any case the card in question can be a life saver and requires no two cards to be in your hand at the same time... I recon there's a place for one in some control decks.
Reply Quote
Also note in the rare circumstance you happen to go Jaraxxus then the opponent floods the board next turn to prepare a quick kill you can nether + infernal for a massive advantage
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 09:14 AMPosted by Heightened
As a side-note Black hole also means you can't sacrifice to get out big guys straight away, doesn't it?

This is a bit off topic, but...

Thing is, most of the time people would Special Summon their big guys anyway, or they were relying on their enter-play effects, etc. Or they might have a Monster Reborn or something to summon it from the Graveyard anyway.

Further Tangent:
In my opinion, the game was sort of fun, "kid" oriented or otherwise, but it's only somewhat close to "balanced" with a long list of limited and banned cards, or through limited formats. Speaking of which, I do hope that Team 5 will keep a window open for more limited formats in addition to Arena. I think (among a bad business model and other issues) one of the reasons that PoxNora, an otherwise very interesting, high-depth strategy game/TCG has is the lack of limited formats. Since it's been around so long, it means it's very hard for new players to get into, getting staple cards and such, or even figuring out what they actually want to play in the first place.

But that's a long-term issue, and obviously nothing needs to be done about it for HS any time soon.

Back On Topic: I've said this in other threads, but someone (not me) made the suggestion of gaining life for each killed minion. I think this would be a great way to improve Twisting Nether's value.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]