Harrison Jones...anyone found a use for this?

Hi all,

So I opened a pack today and received a golden Harrison Jones. Very cool Easter Egg character and attractive card, but I gotta admit, I'm mighty tempted to disenchant "Indy" there for 1600 dust, since I'm still lacking cards such as Avenging Wrath, Knife Juggler, Sword of Justice, Aldor Killjoys, etc.

I could turn golden Jones into a reg Tirion Fordring, (or reg Ysera etc for that matter), or 16 rares that I lack. Any advice from the more experienced here?

I'd like to play the card in a couple games because it's cool, but it just seems like a pretty damn weak legendary.

I also got a regular Hogger. It seems like he could be a pretty decent late game play, esp if both sides are top decking on an empty or nearly empty board. I was thinking of putting him in my Warrior deck, but anyone use Hogger in a Pally deck in a meaningful way?

TIA for any advice. :)
Edited by seven6two on 1/7/2014 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Harrison jones is decent and gets better the higher rated you go, but it might be worth disenchanting it into fordring depends if u like it or not.

Hogger is a very powerful card that is underated very much
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 09:37 PMPosted by Techmarine12
Harrison jones is decent and gets better the higher rated you go, but it might be worth disenchanting it into fordring depends if u like it or not.

Hogger is a very powerful card that is underated very much

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd like to DE the gold Harrison for 1600 dust or keep playing with him. I know that much dust is probably worth more when I'm still lacking stuff like Knife Juggler, Aldor dudes, and Avenging Wrath, but I have so much fun with Jones.. a very cool card, and Lord knows when I'll get another gold version.

I just played a match using Jones in a warrior deck against another warrior. I slow rolled it, playing an Ooze the turn before, and just like magic, the guy equipped a weapon, (used Upgrade! for a 1/3 out of desperation). I dropped Harrison next to the injured Stormwind Champ I had on board and drew 2. The guy instantly conceded. I think Indy broke his will.. he shot first. Funny stuff. :D

I think I'll keep him and just play Arena for more cards. I don't have ideal decks, but they do ok, and in Arena, it doesn't matter what you've collected, of course.

As for Hogger, I love that silly bastard. I'm using him in all my decks. So far he's just been a lightning rod, but he is definitely dependable to draw out the removal mid-game, saving my other minions from such terrible fates. :D
Edited by seven6two on 1/8/2014 1:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't have one, but I'd probably just run him instead of an ooze in any non-rush decks.

I have a habit of keeping all of my non-golden, non-common cards unless they happen to change the cards so that they can be dusted for full value.
Reply Quote
If you do DE him, I'd recommend replacing him with a neutral card(s). Focusing on one class early on, while effective, is boring. Then your other decks get creamed when you play them.
Reply Quote
If you decide to disenchant replace it with a Neutral Legendary that you feel fits your playstyle and into most of your decks. Don't bother with rares as you have a better chance of opening them in the packs you win rather than the Legendary you want the most.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm extremely tempted to DE gold Jones for a reg legendary of my choice, but which one?

I see no downside to Ysera... any reason not to play one in almost every deck, (aside from mana cost)?
Edited by seven6two on 1/8/2014 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 02:47 PMPosted by seven6two
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm extremely tempted to DE gold Jones for a reg legendary of my choice, but which one?

I see no downside to Ysera... any reason not to play one in almost every deck, (aside from mana cost)?

Ysera is a very strong card in any late-game oriented decks, which a lot of paladin decks are. Due to her 12 health, she is very difficult for people to remove, and the card advantage she gives is astounding.

Silvannis is extremely good. Maybe the best legendary of them all due to the fact she can actually be played in any deck. That isn't to say that others won't be better in specific decks, I'm just saying that she can be used anywhere.

Rag is great - he can win close games all by himself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]