Time to up the mana cost on flame imps

On the second mana it's possible for a warlock to have 2 flame imps on the board (better for them when they have 1st attack and a coin) ... this is not balanced for a "fair fight" - regardless of whether the warlock loses health as a result of playing these minions.

On the second mana most players have no re-course to deal with 2 minions at 3/2. Not sure if I'm way out of line - how do other players feel?

Cheers
Reply Quote
So a 3/2 for 2 that deals 3 damage to you . Why would you ever play that and not the 3/2's for 2 that don't deal 3 damage to you ? And don't say because it's a Demon. Might as well be a Pirate or a Murluc for all i care doesn't make a difference because the cards that do things with Demons are not very good.
Reply Quote
The imp costs just 1 mana each.
The OP clearly mentioned having 2 of them on the board for 2 mana (total)
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 09:28 AMPosted by Oscillus
The imp costs just 1 mana each.
The OP clearly mentioned having 2 of them on the board for 2 mana (total)

He thinks it's OP that a Warlock can have 2 3/2's on the board on turn 1 or 2 , regardless of damage to the Warlock and wants the manacost upped. I've read through what he wrote a couple of times now and thats clearly his intention . Well if it was 2 Mana they would need to completely scrap the deal damage to the user because getting to play him on turn 1 is the only positive he has over regular 2 Mana cost 3/2's . Getting hit for 3 Damage sure as hell is not.

And to be honest unless you get to play him on turn 1 the Flame Imp sucks . You take enough damage as is taking 3 damage later in the game is mostly not very useful . I don't run any Flame Imps anymore. To be fair i don't run a single Demoncard besides Jaraxxus but thats besides the point. There's just not enough Heal to take damage from your Demons AND your Hero Power in a longer match.
Edited by Serp on 1/15/2014 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Mana and 3 damage.
A warlock puts 2 on the board, and he's taken 6 (SIX) points of damage, before he even does anything.
That is like he had been attacked by a 2/x minion 3 times, or by a 3/x minion 2 times, without being able to defend against it.
Quite frankly, the Imp right now is hardly worth it anymore, because he's usually removed in the following round without even attacking once, leaving Warlocks with a disadvantage of 3 Health (at least). The times you pull both in the first round with coin is one in like 60 matches anyway.

Right now I actually consider taking him out, because there are 1 mana drops that can do a lot without putting so much hurt on me.
Reply Quote
the flame imp is balanced around 1 mana because it deals 3 damage to the player who plays it. The warlock class has always been about sacraficing life force for power and argueably, the flame imp is the strongest turn one card out there.
Edited by Axiom on 1/15/2014 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't even use it now but guess no one will if that happens
Reply Quote
You put out 2 Flame Imps on turn 2 and the next turn a Rogue drops a backstab on one and an SI:7 agent on the other, so now you've taken 6 damage, spent 2 cards and the enemy has a 3/3 out to your nothing.

Flame Imps are great IFF you can keep them alive, otherwise they add to any 2 damage removal spell "and deal 3 damage to the enemy hero."
Reply Quote
On the second mana it's possible for a warlock to have 2 flame imps on the board (better for them when they have 1st attack and a coin) ... this is not balanced for a "fair fight" - regardless of whether the warlock loses health as a result of playing these minions.

On the second mana most players have no re-course to deal with 2 minions at 3/2. Not sure if I'm way out of line - how do other players feel?

Cheers

Playing flame imps can be very bad for lock. risking and playing 2 of them ... you lose 6 hp... and if you draw them late game when your HP is low that card is a dead weight... It's fine how it it. Damage for summoning was upped for 1 in previous patch... Find something else to cry about... omg...
Reply Quote
Ya, like others have said, why would anyone use the card for 2 mana? Knife Jugglers, Oozes, Fairy Dragons are all way stronger cards that are 3/2 for 2 mana. The only reason to use the imp is because he's only 1 mana. If he cost the same as a knife juggler or fairy dragon, but instead of having a useful power he did 3 dmg to you he would be one of the worst cards in the entire game. He'd probably be worse than the pit lord actually, since at least the pit lord is a little harder to remove.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]