Mages Are Overpowered

Been playing this game for about 10 hours and can already tell that all mage cards are completely overpowered. The reason being that they scale throughout the game, meaning that someone who has absolutely no experience with the game can just hold on to their mage cards and wait to use them for the appropriate circumstance. Every other class forces you to make decisions, yet mage is by far the most passive and easiest class to play due to their overpowered spells. These include:

Mirror Image
Frost Nova
Fireball
Polymorph
etc

Any of these can be played whenever the situation calls for it, giving next to zero consequence and guaranteed reward, no matter what turn you're on in the game.

I've seen at least 20 mage decks that are exact clones of each other: multiple taunt minions, spell damage minions, and every single mage card possible, including the ones above. Force your opponent to make a move, then use overpowered mage card A that's useful in situation B.

Tell me why I'm wrong.
Edited by Toastmasterd on 1/15/2014 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
yes overpowered. but they just cannot do anything agisnt warlock
against control druids, against combo warriors against paladins after turn 7.

but yes OVERPOWERED within itself.
Reply Quote
Ah yes, the person who played this game for 10 hours obviously knows the game well.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Toastmasterd
Tell me why I'm wrong.

Because you know nothing about this game and this thread proves me right ?
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 07:58 PMPosted by DneBays
Ah yes, the person who played this game for 10 hours obviously knows the game well.

really loléd
Reply Quote
Been playing this game for about 10 hours

stopped reading there, come back when you have played for 1000+ hours and actually have a clue about how the game works and plays, then, just maybe, we might take what you have to say seriously (unlikely after this post but you never know).
Reply Quote
Mage is about controling the board and dealing damage with spells.
Reply Quote
Here is something you silly whiners need to explain to me:

Mage may not have direct control over anything and may not do direct damage, but a Druid Deck can put a 8/8 Beast with taunt in round 3?
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:27 AMPosted by Dreamdt
Here is something you silly whiners need to explain to me:

Mage may not have direct control over anything and may not do direct damage, but a Druid Deck can put a 8/8 Beast with taunt in round 3?

Most of the people who play this are not really concerned about stuff like that, so when they come across it they just trol lyou and move on.

But ya thats silly. And if I were to poly morph it on turn 3 using the coin, or cast frost bolt or nova to stop it from attacking, The ywill complain about how both those effects are busted.
Reply Quote
Just to quite my last update. this counts for all Classes except the Cleric (Sorry the Class does not interest me and I haven't tested anything with the Cleric).

Warlog can have 7 Minions in at least round 4 and potentially kill you in round 5.
Warrior can do multiple Combos (Even after it has been Nerf) and do at least 36 Damage in one round.
Hunter can rip you and your Minions at the latest round 5.
Sharman (This is the best off all) can do up to 35 damage in round 5 with no way of stopping it.
Paladin I'm a bit slower than the others but if you don't have crowd control, you will have a number of pump units coming your way.

And the list goes on
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:57 AMPosted by Buckshot84
But ya thats silly. And if I were to poly morph it on turn 3 using the coin, or cast frost bolt or nova to stop it from attacking, The ywill complain about how both those effects are busted.

True
Reply Quote
[quote="112213931892"]

And if I were to poly morph it on turn 3 using the coin, or cast frost bolt or nova to stop it from attacking, The ywill complain about how both those effects are busted.

So True.
Reply Quote
for OP my two cents of explanation.

Mirror image: having taunt with no attack is usually bad, It doesnt dmg attackers. U need some buffing minions to make them board valuable. The advantage of it is that is actually spell so u can make them useful with some combos, like buffing mana wurm etc.

Frost nova: it is useful in some combination - waiting for flamestrike, summoning giants(top deck game play) , ice lance etc. But for itself it only delays no harm or change of board.

fireball - nice spell but when u play more , u will see that another classes have similar spells, some cheaper other with card draw etc.

Sheep , great silence, better is Toad of shammys. Mage has no core buff spells, low hp core minions , so u can take it as negative buff spell

I may be wrong in some explanation but for basics is this enough.
Reply Quote
TOASTMASTERD HAS SPOKEN!!11einz!!! NERF MAGE MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Reply Quote
I usually play control lock, as in the worst class you can play against mage. I was very annoyed when pyro was 8 mana but I had about 40% win rate against mages, fairly good considering the deck disadvantage. Now that pyro is nerfed I think mage is still a good class but it requires more direct interaction with the opponent. It's not broken in any way.

P.S.: if you think mirror image is op just by itself play shieldbearer, tell me how that works out for you

-Sincerely,
the worst class to play against mage
Reply Quote
You've been playing for 10 hours and you think you know a class is OP? I'm sorry, but I've been playing for under 10 hours and I know this class isn't OP. It's just a bunch of lights and noise. Burn life? Heal yourself, if they play that 2/7 that grows into a behemoth, well, you shouldn't have used all your removal on the mana wurms and taunts. They still deserve a chance to win like any other class mate, that doesn't mean they're OP in the least, it means they have an obnoxious playstyle.
Edited by JustVero on 1/16/2014 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:11 AMPosted by Rogoth01

stopped reading there, come back when you have played for 1000+ hours and actually have a clue about how the game works and plays, then, just maybe, we might take what you have to say seriously (unlikely after this post but you never know).

Are you saying you have reached over 1000 hours playing this game ? If yes, congratulation because I guess you're proud of it. I would be embarrassed knowing I have spent 42 full days in play time into HS so far!
Reply Quote
insufficient sample size. back and whine after several hundred more
Reply Quote
nice troll
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]